• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This is why you shouldn't believe rumors. Again there more then likely there will not be another trailer until MAY
You're only assuming this because that's what happened with SM. This is different, because SM's announcement was just the names, logos, and some concept art. We already know the starters, the region, and a vague concept of "gym masters".

DSDark

Breeder
You're only assuming this because that's what happened with SM. This is different, because SM's announcement was just the names, logos, and some concept art. We already know the starters, the region, and a vague concept of "gym masters".

Yes you are correct. However I am also basing it off of XY's release schedule. Which similarly only showed Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y before May. Those two pokemon were only shown because they were before in the movie that year. XY were revealed in January with starters, gameplay, and box legends.

So combining the two previous release schedules together we could at most get 2 more pokemon between now and may if they are part of the mewtwo movie in july, or we get nothing until may.

Orphalesion

Well it's the 14th by now in Japan...

So which rumour was the one that said there'd be news on the 13th? Because it seems we can officially debunk that one.

Bus

It's been only 2 generations since the last type was introduced, but what do you think the chances are that they'd consider adding another type in addition to whatever 'gimmick' we'll be getting this gen?

I'm not saying I'm super hopeful or outright demanding it; just curious on people's thoughts. I think there's enough pokemon and moves within the game to get a 'Sound' type in there, but since it took 3 generations for something new to be added (debatable on whether it's actually been 4) I wasn't sure what the general consensus would be. I know the type chart is fairly balanced at the moment (though some adjustments do need to be made to some types), but a new type could be introduced without causing mass chaos, I believe. At least not long term mass chaos anyway; chaos is always inevitable with change.

DSDark

Breeder
It's been only 2 generations since the last type was introduced, but what do you think the chances are that they'd consider adding another type in addition to whatever 'gimmick' we'll be getting this gen?

I'm not saying I'm super hopeful or outright demanding it; just curious on people's thoughts. I think there's enough pokemon and moves within the game to get a 'Sound' type in there, but since it took 3 generations for something new to be added (debatable on whether it's actually been 4) I wasn't sure what the general consensus would be. I know the type chart is fairly balanced at the moment (though some adjustments do need to be made to some types), but a new type could be introduced without causing mass chaos, I believe. At least not long term mass chaos anyway; chaos is always inevitable with change.

They didn't add the fairy just because it had been 4 generations since the last added types. Dark and Steel weren't added just because. Every new type has been been added because the types were unbalanced. Gen 1 Psychic types ran the table, so they added dark and steel both of which were effective in countering psychic. Gens 1-5 had a large amount of Dragon/Dark/Fighting types, Fairy was added to counter these types. Fairy also helped out both Steel and Poison by being weak to both.

If there is an imbalance in the types that when we'll see a new type added. Right now I don't think that's the case and pokemon company has been good about making sure things are balanced.

Gundam78

I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!
They will have to be really creative because what other type could they add anyway? (Not to steer the conversation in that direction)

I’m wondering how annoying is it gonna be to import Pokémon from the last generation

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So, CoroCoro says we have to wait the follow-up issue for new information, which we can confidently say no news for March.

Bus

They didn't add the fairy just because it had been 4 generations since the last added types. Dark and Steel weren't added just because. Every new type has been been added because the types were unbalanced. Gen 1 Psychic types ran the table, so they added dark and steel both of which were effective in countering psychic. Gens 1-5 had a large amount of Dragon/Dark/Fighting types, Fairy was added to counter these types. Fairy also helped out both Steel and Poison by being weak to both.

If there is an imbalance in the types that when we'll see a new type added. Right now I don't think that's the case and pokemon company has been good about making sure things are balanced.
To be honest, I thought Gen 2 was just the natural extension of Gen 1 (hence why they connected); that the first game couldn't fit everything, so they left Dark & Steel out to be in the second game; that's why I said it was debatable whether it's been 3 generations or 4 since the last Type intro.

Also, I know, it's mostly for helping to balance things, but I figure it could be done if they really wanted to. As it is, Water & Electric only have 1 weakness apiece and are pretty strong types with good coverage. Overall, i was just curious on the reception to the idea.

EDIT: As for Pokemon Let's Go integration, I'd guess that some people who have no already bought into Nintendo Online are going to have to in order to take advantage of a newer Pokebank system.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just a reminder that numerous times during the past two generations, Coro Coro has stated they would have news, but it turned out to be nothing new. Do not expect anything new or special to come from this. Most likely scenario is that we get some sort of news over the course of the next month through random means, and Coro Coro recaps it.

DSDark

Breeder
To be honest, I thought Gen 2 was just the natural extension of Gen 1 (hence why they connected); that the first game couldn't fit everything, so they left Dark & Steel out to be in the second game; that's why I said it was debatable whether it's been 3 generations or 4 since the last Type intro.

Also, I know, it's mostly for helping to balance things, but I figure it could be done if they really wanted to. As it is, Water & Electric only have 1 weakness apiece and are pretty strong types with good coverage. Overall, i was just curious on the reception to the idea.

EDIT: As for Pokemon Let's Go integration, I'd guess that some people who have no already bought into Nintendo Online are going to have to in order to take advantage of a newer Pokebank system.
Water is weak to both electric and grass

I've always thought that dark and steel were added because of horrific imbalance that is gen 1

ebevan91

Just a reminder that numerous times during the past two generations, Coro Coro has stated they would have news, but it turned out to be nothing new. Do not expect anything new or special to come from this. Most likely scenario is that we get some sort of news over the course of the next month through random means, and Coro Coro recaps it.

I don't think we got a whole lot of info exclusively from Corocoro during the Sun/Moon cycle. We got some but most of the info we got was from those videos that would release every Thursday or Friday.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't think we got a whole lot of info exclusively from Corocoro during the Sun/Moon cycle. We got some but most of the info we got was from those videos that would release every Thursday or Friday.
I really liked that they did videos for new information in SM's prerelease! Felt somewhat cooler than having to wait for some random unnamed people to try and grab a copy of a magazine before it's released (I've always wondered if the owners of the stores that sell CoroCoro just lets employees get a copy earlier than everyone else or something) and managed to overall give the hype more boost. Granted, like ORAS, they went a bit overboard with the pre-release stuff but it was still cool nonetheless!