1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword and Shield Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I never said Coro Coro doesn't have new information, I said don't expect it. Compare that list to similar one from the pre-release period of Black and White or Diamond and Pearl, and you'll see a massive difference in the amount of information. And, more specifically, there have been many times in the past two generations where they've claimed to have more information in an upcoming issue, just as they are now, and then all restated information revealed elsewhere. Yes, it's possible that we get surprised and they do reveal something, but history has shown that if we expect them to, there are bound to be lots of people who get upset.

2. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

I never said you did, I was just saying that because there are some people even on this forums that seem to think that the only thing Corocoro does now is regurgitate information and not provide anything new, when that's not really true. Heck if you look at the Sun and Moon release cycle you will see that starting in June Corocoro always had some new information, so yes while it's true that Corocoro doesn't reveal as much as it may have back during D&P and BW but that was mainly because back during those days Corocoro was the main outlet of news when it came to information on new main series pokemon games.

Where now Corocoro is just one outlet out many forms media that reveal news, so of course it wouldn't provide as much as it use to. However that being said It's debatable about whether we would get any new news from Corocoro in April or May, chances are starting around June of this year will probably start getting new information 0n Sword and Shield that Corcoro will be the first to cover.

Heck speaking if the last two generations if you really go back and take a look at it you will notice that once we started to get into the full swing of the information cycle where we start getting information on the games regularly Corocoro did start revealing information that first appeared in Corocoro.

So Corocoro is still pretty relevant. So I would say don't expect anything really that big from Corocoro before June or maybe May at the earliest but after that chances are we will be getting new information from Corocoro.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 8:22 PM
  3. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I was the only one speaking against Coro Coro, so forgive me if I thought your comment was aimed at me.

4. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

The way I'm seeing CoroCoro is that there might be information, or there is not information. It's a Schrödinger's cat of sorts, but we'll eventually find out.

I'm not saying we should give our hopes up, but it isn't too absurd to get some information in April, albeit maybe just a little bit.

5. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Orphalesion is right here. Kanto was planned as a single city but thanks to Iwata they were able to include the majority of the Kanto region. Gold and Silver were initially planned as Pocket Monsters 2 and the end of the franchise until the Pokemon craze (from the first games and the anime) set in which changed development significantly. It was indeed planned for release in 1997 but was delayed so they could essentially remake the game using the assets from the abandoned Pocket Monsters 2.

6. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Gen 5 - wild double battles
    gen 6 - horde battles
    gen 7 - sos battles
    gen 8 - ???

Any ideas what else could they come up with?

7. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I'd just like the sos battles from UMUS to return

Creyk likes this.
  8. Dudohard

Dudohard Member

They could do a thing like Breeding battles

Creyk likes this.
  9. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Time to venture into Polls

Even rarer color variants than Shiny.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  10. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Lol what? o_O

Please explain

Cor Petit likes this.
  11. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Wild Triple Battles? I really want Triple Battles to come back.

That could work. Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee made it easier to catch Generation I shinies, after all.

Creyk likes this.
  12. Phillies

Phillies Well-Known Member

What about wild totem Pokemon at the old shiny odds of 1/ 8192.

As for new wild encounters I'd like to see horde encounters return. I would like them to borrow from the S.O.S battles and have evolved Pokemon occasionally show up in the hordes.

13. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but it will so not happen.
    Horde battles were amazing for ev training and yet them removed them, if they didn't keep that they won't keep sos either

14. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I believe that Horde Battles were taken out due to hardware limitations, along with Triple and Rotation Battles.

15. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

That would be really cool I would like that

16. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well, the Switch's specs are even bigger, so they might come back. Who knows?

RileyXY1 likes this.
  17. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

I’m hoping if hordes come back then we get the chance to catch more than one Pokémon .

18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

They really do need to bring back triple battles, and fully integrate them like they did with double battles. I know why they removed, but it just feels so silly that they cut them altogether.

It would also be cool if hordes returned. That was a fun mechanic, especially the trainer horde battle against Team Aqua/Magma.

19. DMB1985

DMB1985 Member

As well as brining back triple battles, I hope that we get the option to have 6v6 battles in Battle Spot.

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Time to venture into Polls

If any battle style with more than 2 Pokemon in the wild comes back, can we please be allowed to catch all of them? Heck, you can even make us use the Go catching mechanic so we can see how hard it is to supposedly aim.