• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Acer11

I was on Youtube and I noticed that RuffledRowlit's videos aren't on there anymore, as are some other videos detailing posted rumors about Sword & Shield.
Nevermind, He's still here. It's just that lately, Youtube hasn't been keeping the uploaded videos in order.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

There are those of us (if not most of us) who would rather not watch a ten plus minute video on a likely false rumor. If you want us to discuss it, how about you post images and descriptions instead? Don't forget to explain why we should even care in the first place.

Akashin

There are those of us (if not most of us) who would rather not watch a ten plus minute video on a likely false rumor. If you want us to discuss it, how about you post images and descriptions instead? Don't forget to explain why we should even care in the first place.

Skimming the video, it seems the "big rumor" is this post.

Not that this helps explain why we should care (we shouldn't, at least now if not ever), but it is what it is.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
To add on to the above posts, there are those of us to know it's better to not bring up anything of that YouTuber.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Not that this helps explain why we should care (we shouldn't, at least now if not ever), but it is what it is.

Okay, so unlike the video's thumbnail makes it look, there's no concept art, or pictures at all, involved in this rumor, and it's purely text-based? Yup, that's trash and a waste of time. Not to mention dishonesty and click-bait on the part of that Youtuber.

When will people learn to ignore text-based rumors unless something substantial comes from them?

Ice skating is hella fun. I want to as well.

Sure, I guess. But there's a lot of equally random things I, or anyone else for that matter, could say the same about. What makes ice skating worth singling out?

Last edited:

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

Ugh I hate how people keep linking 4chan posts. There are literally like 5 posts a day all with conflicting information. There's no point in trusting any of it.

Sure, I guess. But there's a lot of equally random things I, or anyone else for that matter, could say the same about. What makes ice skating worth singling out?

Lol I dunno. I just like ice skating.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

I suppose she just loves ice skating. But an answer you’re probably looking for is that since we’ve seen that roller skating was possible in XY, it would be nice to have that kind of movement available in more games, like in a side game similar to Pokeathlon and winning sports competitions along with your Pokémon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ugh I hate how people keep linking 4chan posts. There are literally like 5 posts a day all with conflicting information. There's no point in trusting any of it.

You and me both. I could go on to 4chan right now and start a rumor that's equally convincing with little to no effort.

Honestly, one of these days I should try doing that as an experiment. See how long it takes for my "leak" to get circulated at places like this or Youtube. It would certainly prove a point. Would also be kind of funny if I could convince people that custom Pokémon and elements from my fan fiction were actually leaks for the next game. But, I probably won't do it, as it just seems too mean to try to trick people.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My favorite part about 4chan rumors are the people on 4chan are the ones who show actual skepticism and logical thinking when judging if a rumor is real. It’s always some random person who browses it without giving its legitimacy thought

Akashin

Okay? The question of what "big rumor" was being floated around this time was asked, and I answered. It wasn't posted on the basis of it being a big deal or being worthy of discussion.

Honestly, one of these days I should try doing that as an experiment. See how long it takes for my "leak" to get circulated at places like this or Youtube. It would certainly prove a point. Would also be kind of funny if I could convince people that custom Pokémon and elements from my fan fiction were actually leaks for the next game. But, I probably won't do it, as it just seems too mean to try to trick people.

I feel like somebody here did that during either the SM or XY pre-release cycles. Don't think it was done as a video or anything, though.

That aside, I'm relatively sure that at least some 'leaks' have been done for exactly this reason.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My favorite part about 4chan rumors are the people on 4chan are the ones who show actual skepticism and logical thinking when judging if a rumor is real. It’s always some random person who browses it without giving its legitimacy thought

It kind of makes sense. The users of the website are used to the nonsense and also aware of the bad reputation it gives the website, it's the outsiders who see it that think it's something worth noting.

But yes, it is some funny irony.

Okay? The question of what "big rumor" was being floated around this time was asked, and I answered. It wasn't posted on the basis of it being a big deal or being worthy of discussion.

I think he was referring to the Youtuber, not you. You made it pretty clear how you felt.

I feel like somebody here did that during either the SM or XY pre-release cycles. Don't think it was done as a video or anything, though.

Interesting. I don't remember any such thing. If someone remembers better and has information on this, I'd be interested in hearing.

Last edited:

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

I think he was referring to the Youtuber, not you. You made it pretty clear how you felt.

^ this is correct. Sorry for ththe confusion, Akashin.

Honestly I'm not even against poketubers. I like opinion pieces like "my top ten favourite pokemon" and junk like that. Hearing other people's opinions is great. But every time a new game is announced all they ever post is rumor videos... I dont want to hear about what people on 4chan say. If I did I would just read 4chan. Give me YOUR theories. YOUR ideas.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Honestly I'm not even against poketubers. I like opinion pieces like "my top ten favourite pokemon" and junk like that. Hearing other people's opinions is great. But every time a new game is announced all they ever post is rumor videos... I dont want to hear about what people on 4chan say. If I did I would just read 4chan. Give me YOUR theories. YOUR ideas.

Agreed again. I don't much like like the "top 10 favorites" so much myself, as I don't much care what other people's favorites are, but there's nothing wrong with videos like those. They're perfectly fine. But these rumor videos are just unnecessary, and arguably cause harm, as they're actively spreading misinformation and giving attention to people who don't deserve it. Throw in the disingenuous click-bait, and it's just kind of messed up and it's an abuse of their audience.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how they'll top our protagonist this Gen. Before B2W2 things were fairly straightforward, beat the Elite Four to gain access to some postgame content. B2W2 gave us a parade, XY gave us a parade, awards ceremony, and the ability to be a detective, SuMo actually gave us the title of Champion instead of just saying, "You did it!" and not doing anything else, USUM gave us the actual title of champion then the ability to fight all of the evil team leaders. Maybe this time we'll get a glimpse of what a Champion exactly does? Because for years it seemed like the Champion just waited for a challenger to arrive and could do anything they wanted to in the meantime. I'm sure gamefreak can make the role of the champion fun to explore like maybe they're in charge of helping to expand the towns?