• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword/Shield Box Legendary Discussion

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know looking at Zacian and Zamazenta although I know a lot of people would not prefer this option, but they do look like they could be Normal/Steel. Of course will just have to wait and see.
I don't know about unpopular but a normal-typed box legendary? What a strange idea now that you brought it up.

DannyDark

I wonder if Zamazenta and Zacian will have Gigantamax forms, or whether it'll be like XY and the box legendaries can't actually use the generation gimmick.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I wonder if Zamazenta and Zacian will have Gigantamax forms, or whether it'll be like XY and the box legendaries can't actually use the generation gimmick.

I mean megas were about bringing something new to old pokemon, but no such thing has been said about Gigantamax especially as all of the officially revealed Gigantamaxes have been for new pokemon.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
You know looking at Zacian and Zamazenta although I know a lot of people would not prefer this option, but they do look like they could be Normal/Steel. Of course will just have to wait and see.

I suppose Normal isn’t a very appealing type, but we haven’t had that for a mascot legendary yet. It would be nice to see all types represented eventually. We also still need Fighting, Grass, Poison, Rock, and Bug.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

DannyDark

In any other franchise I'd think it absolutely meant something.. But since this is Pokemon, it's also very possible they just have a messy, nonsensical information release schedule/plan.

Assuming there actually is something there, though... New type? No type, as in an entirely neutral typing with no strengths or weaknesses? T-T-T-Triple typing?!

Wilderness

In any other franchise I'd think it absolutely meant something.. But since this is Pokemon, it's also very possible they just have a messy, nonsensical information release schedule/plan.

Assuming there actually is something there, though... New type? No type, as in an entirely neutral typing with no strengths or weaknesses? T-T-T-Triple typing?!

They could name it... Type: Null!

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Maybe they are both unused type combos so they might be hiding it for reasons. Zamazenta is probably part Steel and Zacian is probably part Fighting.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Question since I don't follow the TCG, do the box legends' cards usually have the same HP stat?

Just trying to figure out if we can get anything from these cards.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Question since I don't follow the TCG, do the box legends' cards usually have the same HP stat?

Just trying to figure out if we can get anything from these cards.

Now that you mention it, I realized the GX cards for other mascot legend pairs have the same HP as each other.

Guess it wasn’t mentioned on this thread yet, but the TCG starter set for Sword and Shield could imply that Zacian and Zamazenta are Fighting type. It features “Starter Set V” decks of five types: Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, and Fighting. And the only Pokémon featured on the set are the starters, Pikachu, and the mascots.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Now that you mention it, I realized the GX cards for other mascot legend pairs have the same HP as each other.

Guess it wasn’t mentioned on this thread yet, but the TCG starter set for Sword and Shield could imply that Zacian and Zamazenta are Fighting type. It features “Starter Set V” decks of five types: Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, and Fighting. And the only Pokémon featured on the set are the starters, Pikachu, and the mascots.

Nice catch! They could very well be Fighting types.

And interesting... maybe Zamazenta has higher HP than Zacian in game... would support its bulk to be a great shield.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think
Zacian: Flying/Fighting (it has wings on its back) or Fairy/Fighting (mystical looking).
Zamazenta: Steel/Ground (looks like it would learn good move).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think
Zacian: Flying/Fighting (it has wings on its back) or Fairy/Fighting (mystical looking).
Zamazenta: Steel/Ground (looks like it would learn good move).
It would be very interesting if both Pokémon were dual types but didn't share a type.

Red and Blue

Still no typings huh? And it's a month and a half before release

Are we getting another new type that could be exclusive to the duo and possible third member?

Dragon Pulse

I'm only going off of this based off of the version exclusives, but with Sword having Bea and Sirfetch'd as version exclusives (Fighting) and Shield having Allister as we know of so far (Ghost), I feel like those could potentially be the possible typings for Zacian (Fighting) and Zamazenta (Ghost)?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Now I would bet that that this isn't the case but what if the reason for not revealing their types is because they are triple typed... yeah I don't think so but it had to be said.

For a more realistic suggestion perhaps it's because they have an ability or form change that can alter their typing?

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I’m surprised that the typing of Zacian and Zamazenta have been concealed for so long. I don’t think even Xerneas’ type was kept hidden for so long, and it was a new type! I am curious to see what this means for their type or abilities...
Something fishy is afoot to me here.