1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield DLC RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by WishIhadaManafi5, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the correlation?

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I got the date based off of when each of th3 current Mystery Gifts are going to be available and the Meowth and Big Nugget Gifts will be ending around that date and the gifts are a promotion for the IoA.

3. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

I guess the question I'm asking is why do you think they're going to release the DLC right after those events? I still think that June 18th/19th release date is more realistic IMO.

4. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Traveler

Yeah I don’t think the 20th specifically. Just around there. The reason people are looking to the events as reference tho is because TPC stated that these events were to get us ready for isle of Armor

5. Captain Jigglypuff

I was thinking that the Meowth gift would end either the same day as the IoA release or start the same day to help promote it. GF has been doing Mystery Gift events that players can get for up to two months to promote the games since Gen IV. This time the timeframe might be much shorter than usual because players already have the base games and most would have preordered the Expansion Pass to get the preorder bonuses.

Pikachu111213 likes this.
  6. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Traveler

Good point. The 12th would also make sense for why the Zarude release date was the fifteenth.

7. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I'm just gonna go ahead and predict the next and final bit of news for Isle of Armor will go out on June 4th.

I honestly think all we'll get is a bit more gameplay footage, a quick glimpse of Galarian Slowbro, and the official release date.

8. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I’m going to predict that we won’t get any new trailer before the launch. I don’t mean to sound like a pessimist, but with the way Nintendo’s been handling their games lately I wouldn’t be surprised if they literally did nothing for the DLC, assuming that it’ll still be successful anyway. Look at how well Animal Crossing did even though it got little to no updates before it came out

Plus, I kind of like the of not really getting any information now that I’be started to accept it. It kind of makes me feel like a kid back when all I knew about a pokémon game were the little bits of info tv commercials & occasionally the anime gave me. Even if we don’t get that much new content (though I think we will), it’s kind of fun anticipating and having an overall sense of mystery to it

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 11:12 PM
  9. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Nintendo has nothing to do with how Pokémon is advertised or marketed. That's all TPC.

At any rate, given they haven't announced an official release date, we know we're going to get at least that. I very much doubt Game Freak is going to simply drop the DLC on everyone without saying anything. That's not their style.

10. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Traveler

I will say I think Crown Tundra will be the meatier of the 2 expansions. That said, I think both will be nice. I mean a few Galarian forms and a good bit of returning mons is awesome to me. Plus I’ll no longer have to hunt watts in the Wild area. Gets boring after every day. Looking forward to a change in scenery! :)

Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  11. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

So there is the New rumor about 21 moves datamined from Home:
    https://pokejungle.net/2020/05/22/rumor-pokemon-home-update-leaks-new-moves-from-dlc/

The list:
    • Expanding Force
    • Steel Roller
    • Scale Shot
    • Meteor Beam
    • Shell Side Arm
    • Misty Explosion
    • Grassy Glide
    • Rising Voltage
    • Terrain Pulse
    • Skitter Smack
    • Burning Jealousy
    • Lash Out
    • Poltergeist
    • Corrosive Gas
    • Coaching
    • Flip Turn
    • Triple Axel
    • Dual Wingbeat
    • Scorching Sands
    • Jungle Healing
    • Wicked Blow
    • Surging Strikes

12. KingstonUponHulbury

KingstonUponHulbury Well-Known Member

13. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Jungle Healing we know to be Zarude’s signature move but if they are real the last two could be Urshifu’s signature moves (one for each of its forms). Drawing a blank at the others, Move Tutor moves perhaps?

14. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Traveler

Grassy Glide...Grass type Galarian Emolga confirmed

15. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

In actuality the Triple Axel has nothing to do with vehicles but is an extremely hard to pull of figure skating move, the Axel part comes from the creator of the single version of the move.

KingstonUponHulbury likes this.
  16. Captain Jigglypuff

I think some of these will be new G Max moves and signature moves. Scale Shot is most likely Intelleon’s, Expanding Force is Cinderace, Shell Side Arm is either Blastoise or Galarian Slowbro, Grassy Glide for Venusaur, and Polteageist will most likely get Poltergeist. I think the names given for the Galar starter G Max moves might have been place holders and these are the actual names.

Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  17. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Traveler

I would think that they would have “G MAX” before the name if that was the case. Also, I doubt they’d officially reveal the names of the Galar starter Gmax moves in the last trailer if they were just placeholder names.

as for shell side arm, I seem to remember a 4chan post stating Galarian Slowbro would have the shellder on its arm to use as a lance.

Mr.Fiend likes this.
  18. HappyHawlucha

HappyHawlucha Active Member

Terrain Pulse sounds like your Weather Ball for Terrain; which I hope will be more than just flat damage but I doubt it, probably the same as Weather Ball with 50 base power but doubles to 100 and changes type to Electric; Grass; Fairy or Psychic.
    Flip Turn will probably be the water type U-Turn everyone is expecting, it makes sense given the name in various languages, and the name Flip Turn isn’t as on the nose but I like it personally.
    Dual Wingbeat sounds like a 2-hit physical Flying move which could see a lot of use as long as they don’t implement many drawbacks for it.
    Jungle Healing we know but Surging Strikes & Wicked Blow are almost certainly Urshifu’s signature moves...
    I’m willing to bet Shell Side Arm will be the signature move of Galarian Slowbro, makes too much sense.
    It seems they’re going all in with terrain moves as we also have Grassy Glide; Misty Explosion and to an extent Rising Voltage might be a terrain move too, but where’s the Psychic Terrain move? Wouldn’t be mad if there wasn’t one though as Psychic Terrain is very good already.

19. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

Maybe a steel/ice Triskelion Pokemon with ice stakes on it's 3 feet.

20. aerial_ace

aerial_ace Well-Known Member

I think these moves will be our move tutors for IOA. In the initial reveal of dlc they said there will be brand new tutor moves so apart from zarude and urshifu signature moves i am expecting these to be tutor moves. Some of them sound really interesting i am especially excited for the dual hitting flying type move and water u-turn.