• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Apparently, according to GameRant, the release dates for both The Isle of Armour and the Crown Tundra may be pushed back to a later date due to Covid-19. https://gamerant.com/pokemon-sword-shield-isle-armor-dlc-june-2020-delay-coronavirus/
I think that IoA will be on schedule. It’s the Crown Tundra that is most likely delayed. The Isle has to be nearly complete and in debugging mode right now because Zarude has been shown using a couple of attacks and the a Mystery Gift event happening right now had been stated by GF and Nintendo to be something to give players to use for the DLC. I don’t think that they would have said that if the IoA was delayed.

BCVM22

Apparently, according to GameRant, the release dates for both The Isle of Armour and the Crown Tundra may be pushed back to a later date due to Covid-19. https://gamerant.com/pokemon-sword-shield-isle-armor-dlc-june-2020-delay-coronavirus/

While nothing pertaining to a delay has been announced, it is still certainly possible.

Suuuuuper necessary article. Well-written. Well-sourced. Very insightful.

Nintendo and Game Freak's employees have been working remotely like many companies, but Nintendo has released recent comments about the remote work going roughly.

"Comments about the work going roughly" links to... one of their own articles about Nintendo hardware repair centers slowly re-opening after extended closures.

Schmucks. Treat this article like the unnecessary clickbait that it is and disregard it entirely.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Terrain Pulse sounds like your Weather Ball for Terrain; which I hope will be more than just flat damage but I doubt it, probably the same as Weather Ball with 50 base power but doubles to 100 and changes type to Electric; Grass; Fairy or Psychic.
It seems they’re going all in with terrain moves as we also have Grassy Glide; Misty Explosion and to an extent Rising Voltage might be a terrain move too, but where’s the Psychic Terrain move? Wouldn’t be mad if there wasn’t one though as Psychic Terrain is very good already.
I think (assuming this list is real), that Terrain Pulse would be the Psychic Terrain move. Think of a "psychic pulse".

Edit: About Covid-19 and possible impact on DLC.

There are concerns that COVID-19 will lead to a global decline in production and consumption. Given the situation, we will work to continue to convey the appeal of the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite hardware and expand their installed base. Our plans with Nintendo software include the release of Xenoblade Definitive Editionin May and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics in June. In addition, we plan to distribute The Isle of Armor for Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass by the end of June as the first-ever add-on content for the Pokémon series, and to follow that up with The Crown Tundra in the fall. Other software publishers also plan to release a wide variety of appealing titles, and the combination of existing popular titles and a continuous stream of appealing new titles will work together to invigorate the platform.

This was from Nintendo's press briefing at the end of March of this year. At that time, they still planned to schedule the Expansion Pass at the initially intended time. I wouldn't assume differently unless they come out with a new statement regarding the nature of the DLC.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Triple Axel sounds like it would go to an Ice-Type Hitmontop if it existed

Well, the only other cats I can think of who could get Galarian forms based on the Manx are Shinx, Skitty, Litleo, & Glameow

I would like Glameow to get something. Only games its in are Pearl and the OR/AS postgame

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Purugly is fine it's both an adorable and fat kitty.

Have you guys never seen fat cats irl? They're adorable!
Just not my cup of tea. More of a dog person lol.

that said, there are a lot of cat Pokémon designs I like (Purugly just ain’t one). So I would love to see a new Pokémon or regional variants based off of the Manx. Idk about typing though

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just not my cup of tea. More of a dog person lol.

that said, there are a lot of cat Pokémon designs I like (Purugly just ain’t one). So I would love to see a new Pokémon or regional variants based off of the Manx. Idk about typing though
I was thinking a Galarian Purrugly based on a Manx cat would become a physical attacker that becomes an Electic Type with the Static ability. It uses slamming moves and attacks that involve using its body and it gains the Electric typing because it rolls around on the ground to build up charge and store the static in its fur.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I was thinking a Galarian Purrugly based on a Manx cat would become a physical attacker that becomes an Electic Type with the Static ability. It uses slamming moves and attacks that involve using its body and it gains the Electric typing because it rolls around on the ground to build up charge and store the static in its fur.
Thatd be cool. I think I’d prefer it for the Skitty line tho. I feel that that line is more forgotten, and could use the love (and as stated before I don’t care much for Purugly, tho a form could make me like it. It was that way for Exeggutor honestly).

I’m thinking the Galarian forms we will get in IoA will be Slowbro, Beautifly, Dustox, Jynx, and Emolga. Tho I hope for more

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, Purugly would be a good contender for a Galarian form based on the Manx cat.
If Purugly does become a Galarian form based on the Manx, one aspect its design needs to include is losing its tail since its one of the Manx's most iconic traits. Some Manx cats are born with full tails, so Glameow could have a regular tail but then it either shortens or falls off once it evolves.

As for typing, maybe it could be a Dark/Fairy type, with the former referencing the myth of the Manx losing its tail trying to catch mice on Noah's ark, and the latter referencing how the Manx are said to communicate with leprechauns

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly, Purugly would be a good contender for a Galarian form based on the Manx cat.

If Purugly does become a Galarian form based on the Manx, one aspect its design needs to include is losing its tail since its one of the Manx's most iconic traits. Some Manx cats are born with full tails, so Glameow could have a regular tail but then it either shortens or falls off once it evolves.

As for typing, maybe it could be a Dark/Fairy type, with the former referencing the myth of the Manx losing its tail trying to catch mice on Noah's ark, and the latter referencing how the Manx are said to communicate with leprechauns
I was thinking Glameow and Purrugly as being Manx Cats because their Dex entries mention them using their tails in battle and to intimidate their opponents. Plus they learn all sorts of tail based attacks so why not take away their most prominent feature for a regional form? I figured that they could learn Electro Ball which is the result of static electricity building up on their fur from rolling around on the ground and other spinning moves along with Body Slam, Body Press, Rollout, Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, And Heat Crash. You could even say that Purrugly is a bit friendlier but it still can hold its ground. And as a surprise attack, maybe give them a Water type attack like Surf since Manx are known to love water. Skitty and Delcatty I can see becoming Fairy types because of their personalities.

HappyHawlucha

My only gripe with that is I doubt Game Freak will do anything with any Sinnoh Pokemon if we are getting a Sinnoh Remake later down the line this Generation, given we haven't got any Galarian forms for any Sinnoh Pokemon but we have for every other generation pre-Gen VI(Mime Jr doesn't count).

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Skitty and Delcatty I can see becoming Fairy types because of their personalities.
I'm surprised Skitty was never one of the Pokemon retconned into a Fairy-type in X and Y, it fits the type well enough.

I would like a Galarian Glameow, but even if they just bring back the original Glameow that would be great too, seeing as you can only catch the thing in one DS game from thirteen years ago or in the OR/AS Mirage Forest, while its old version opposite Stunky has made it into two other regions at this point.

Marzbar

So is anybody going to talk about this:

I don’t have links to the original rumour, but she’s a big one, and seems to make sense. Sadly no Glameow or Skitty line Galarian forms it seems.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I don’t have links to the original rumour, but she’s a big one, and seems to make sense. Sadly no Glameow or Skitty line Galarian forms it seems.
RuffledRowlit’s one of the YouTubers I try to ignore in terms of rumors & theories. He & several others (Mudkip Memo and aDrive) churn out so many videos, with theories ranging from plausible to unbelievably impossible, that when the games come out they set you up with really high expectations and it makes playing them less enjoyable.

It’s better to either look at leaks from datamines or rumors from credible sources who have been confirmed to be true like the Chinese riddler, which would be easier to look up through forums, 4Chan, & maybe Discord than to rely on YouTubers who are posting tons of videos just to stay relevant and keep up with YouTube’s algorithm

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think a lot of that video is true. Those are definitely the Legendary Birds with new Galar forms. Anyone who thinks those are brand new Pokémon would be brand new to the series to tell the difference. The video also omitted info on both Klara and Avery and Galarian Slowbro which we know are in the DLC but we don’t have much info on the Trainers other than what the Galarian Slowpoke cutscene gave us or even a good description of Galarian Slowbro or how to trigger the evolution for it yet.

ebevan91

Some of that stuff is pretty predictable and some of it is way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Some of that stuff is pretty predictable and some of it is way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there.
Exactly. Plus Klara, Avery, and Galarian Slowbro is talked about the most among the community and I’ve seen more conversations discussing what Galarian Slowbro will look like and Klara’s hair bow and if Slowbro will be Avery’s ace more often than the Galarian Birds And new Regi. The Birds are only being discussed on their typings and nothing else. The idea of more regional forms is very plausible given Slowpoke proved that there is always a chance for more forms exclusive to a region than what we get at the beginning of the new Gen. New Pokémon also makes sense and I’ll even take the suggestion about Sinnoh characters being in the DLC lightly as it isn’t uncommon for NPCs from other regions to make cameos in another region. But I don’t think there will be any new Curry recipes considering the Curry Dex is pretty long and some ingredients like the Giganta Spice are really rare and hard to find that players tend not to keep cooking more than they need to. Plus the number of Berries you can collect each day is limited and the fact that a random Berry Type will be stolen by Pokémon if you get attacked by a Skwovet or Cherrubi is also frustrating. The Berries you can buy won’t let you complete the Dex and you need other Berries so add new Curry dishes will just frustrate players.