• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - RUMOR & SPECULATION Thread [Spoilers]

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'm pretty sure there's been a new trailer in recent weeks appearing in social media adverts, though I don't think it contained anything truly new. My one positive takeaway is that it reiterated the June release date, though I don't rule out the possibility that this advertising was scheduled months ago.
With the recent mystery gift events being aimed at getting players hyped for IoA, I highly doubt there will be a delay.

Lack of news does suck tho. Hopefully leading up to Crown Tundra it won’t be this dry

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
With the recent mystery gift events being aimed at getting players hyped for IoA, I highly doubt there will be a delay.

Lack of news does suck tho. Hopefully leading up to Crown Tundra it won’t be this dry
I understand the position of not revealing too much like they did for ORAS and Sun/Moon. However, a 30 second ad that lets us know the drop date for the DLC would be appreciated.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So, while a lot of Gmax raid events have ended at 23:59 UTC, the current one ends at 12:59 UTC, with 13:00 often being a time in which a trailer drops. I wouldn’t be surprised if our next trailer came at 13:00 UTC Tuesday, June 2. Hopefully this will also be the announcement and start of the Gmax Melmetal max raid event

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I am going to do my best to get a HA G Max Meowth. And maybe a couple of the TR for Baton Pass.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Isn't Melmetal the last datamined Gigantimax form that hasn't been officially revealed yet?
Yes, though its nature as a Mythical draws a question of whether it will have a Max Raid event as opposed to a conventional online distribution (since I don't think in real-life events will be a thing for a while due to the pandemic).

Autobot N

Yes, though its nature as a Mythical draws a question of whether it will have a Max Raid event as opposed to a conventional online distribution (since I don't think in real-life events will be a thing for a while due to the pandemic).
Well, Celebi and Deoxys are catchable in games without events. And you can more or less get infinite Melmetals with Go and a copy of Let's Go, so being able to catch unlimited G-Max ones wouldn't be that big of a deal.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
I think they don't show us any news because there isn't much to show.
I bet 3 new Pokemons (kubfu , ushifu, the event ape) and just 2 Galatian from slowpoke and slowbro.. while a number of G-Max introduced (may be 15-18)

They probably focus on old Pokemons.. just about 60-70, pokemons (not include legendary)

Other things might be the Dojo that they mentioned. and pretty ok size wild area 2.0.

ShadowForce720

I think they don't show us any news because there isn't much to show.
I bet 3 new Pokemons (kubfu , ushifu, the event ape) and just 2 Galatian from slowpoke and slowbro.. while a number of G-Max introduced (may be 15-18)

They probably focus on old Pokemons.. just about 60-70, pokemons (not include legendary)

Other things might be the Dojo that they mentioned. and pretty ok size wild area 2.0.

Some people literally said the same thing about Sword and Shield. If they can hide half or more of the new Pokémon, Galarian Forms, and Gigantamax forms that were in the base game then there is no reason why the same couldn’t be true about the DLC.

It’s already been proven that just because they don’t show off a lot does not automatically mean that there isn’t that much in the DLC. As the amount that is in that is actually in the game/DLC has nothing to do with the amount of trailers.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Seen a lot of those fake 4chan “leaks” suggesting it but I’d love to see a Galarian Phanpy line that had to adapt to the presence of Copperajah
If it's for battle, Phanpy/Donphan wouldn't have to do that much adapting to fight Copperajah, seeing as they're super-effective against it already. Just add a few more S.T.A.B. moves to Phanpy/Donphan's level-up moveset, maybe give them some newer moves like Stomping Tantrum and High Horsepower or a couple of Fighting-type moves like Body Press, and you're sorted.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
If it's for battle, Phanpy/Donphan wouldn't have to do that much adapting to fight Copperajah, seeing as they're super-effective against it already. Just add a few more S.T.A.B. moves to Phanpy/Donphan's level-up moveset, maybe give them some newer moves like Stomping Tantrum and High Horsepower or a couple of Fighting-type moves like Body Press, and you're sorted.
Maybe it could be a thing of them being outnumbered then, having to move to a new habitat and adapt to that. Kind of like what was said about Sandshrew in Alola. They said they had to flee the desert due to predators, but then had to adapt to the snowy mountains that they moved to.

ShadowForce720

Maybe it could be a thing of them being outnumbered then, having to move to a new habitat and adapt to that. Kind of like what was said about Sandshrew in Alola. They said they had to flee the desert due to predators, but then had to adapt to the snowy mountains that they moved to.

Actually it wasn’t predators that drove the Sandshrew out of the desert. What drove them out of the desert was the frequent eruption of nearby volcanoes.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So I guess another week with no trailer...

On The bright side, Home updates and Datamines gives us new pieces of info every few days:)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Wait, when was that confirmed?

initially, when it was announced Zarude (and shiny Celebi were to be released in Japan via preordering tickets, it was said they’d be redeemable starting June 15th. However, because of the movie delay, Joe says this redeem date will more than likely be delayed as well

Also, @Lord Godwin there’s still always a chance up until 14:00 UTC. Tho, I’m not expecting anything today. I’m betting on this coming Tuesday, June 2