• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Baggie_Saiyan

They do look older. I assume they're 13 or 14 at most. Not as old as the black/white protags but not as young as the Su/Mo protags either.
Gen 5 Chibi sprites made their ages kinda irrelevant imo. S&M finally ditched chibi but like you said they basically were kids so that is why I am super happy about this!

johno1995

From the stadium and cheering voice ,,, it looks like football league in uk. Pokemon battle might be very very very big here!

May be each city has their own gym/trainer club (kind of like football club: Liverpool, New Castle, blah blah), so we are the representative of our city to challenge other city.

when we gather all the trophies, we can challenge 'world cup' or 'queen cup' of the region sort of..

and well.. world tournament possibly return.

One of the best ideas I've heard. Love this!!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Some of my thoughts:

things I liked include:

The region (looks temperate/mountainous and leaning more towards cold)
Player characters look a bit older
Graphics
The player characters look AMAZING (provided customization returns, it will be even better than Alola with these models and climate)
The grass starter

things I didn't like

No overworld encounters
GYMS RETURNING! (and the fact that they said they are wanting to "try new things" only rubs salt in the wound)

ArtFenix

It's not impossible they could be very similar looking wolves. Just look at Latios & Latias. They look virtually the same and are the same typing. We could be getting a pair of Legendary Wolves; that would be pretty cool. I wonder what they'd represent. War & Famine maybe? We could be getting the '4 Puppers of the Apupcalypse!

Sorry, I know that's too many puns lol...just excited we finally have a name for the pair of Gen 8 games, the Region's name, and the Starters.
Yes, but the Lati twins aren't box legendaries. ;)

Dragon Pulse

I don't know why I haven't seen many people suggest Scorbunny as becoming Fire/Electric? To me it seems one of the two most likely, the other being Fire/Fighting (god forbid). Also ironically enough, I've been wishing for a water lizard starter for ages, but Sobble is underwhelming for me. Hopefully he'll grow on me, because I like Scorbunny a little more at the moment, yet I don't want another Fire/Fighting repeat...

As for Grookey, he's okay. Nothing special to me though at least.

agent9149

Looks wack!

Just kidding. The game looks beautiful actually. Very beautiful. If that's what sun and moon is supposed to look like at full power, then that's amazing. The starters are all equally cute. I can't decide just yet, gonna wait for the final evolution.

The map looks interesting. It seems a bit small, but Hoenn also seemed small but had a lot of stuff to do in it, so I'll hold on to my judgement. I am bit afraid that it seems very linear in terms of map direction, you can literally trace the flow upwards. I hope that's not the case. Back tracking never hurts in a pokemon game.

Now, I don't know yet, but from just the trailer, it seems were going to have the same old closed routes again. I hope that's not the case. What's the point of a beautiful landscape if I can't go frolic in it? However, the middle region with the lakes appears to be what could be the closest thing we have to a big open region.

We might still have over world pokemon. Maybe, Idk but I hope we do. I really hope we do. The trainers still are standing in one place, I hope that's not the case, but probably most likely.

I just hope the gameplay and the story is on point.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I’m not impressed. It just looks like SM HD which is one of the worst case scenarios for this game. What they showed of the game still shows tons of cramped, linear paths, it just has more visual flair in the background. I reduced my expectations from full on BotW to just having larger and more open paths but it doesn’t even look like it meets those expectations. I’ll reserve judgment in case more info comes out that makes this game look more favorable (such as being able to challenge gyms in any order), but not a good first look at this game.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You're right, I missed that they talked about gyms. That's so dumb. I was hoping this game would have at least a semblance of challenge since it was supposed to be for the 'veteran players', but I guess not.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
From the stadium and cheering voice ,,, it looks like football league in uk. Pokemon battle might be very very very big here!

May be each city has their own gym/trainer club (kind of like football club: Liverpool, New Castle, blah blah), so we are the representative of our city to challenge other city.

when we gather all the trophies, we can challenge 'world cup' or 'queen cup' of the region sort of..

and well.. world tournament possibly return.
You know, that would be a perfect opportunity to create your online Wi-Fi teams and battle. You can create your clans, which perfectly matches with 'Sword', 'Shield' theme as well.

Ultra Beast Lover

Looks like there's a huge, futuristic city at the very top of the region. I hope that's a city and not just the Elite Four.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Also idk if this was noted but apparently Galar means disease in Scottish Gaelic, Welsh and in Irish according to google translate. I wonder if that would mean anything or if it is just a coincidence.

Holy crap, don’t get my hopes up for a Poison type (non-UB) legendary!

Industry vs. nature could definitely play a role there.