1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

7.1%
  2. Yep

10.3%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

82.6%
  1. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

They do look older. I assume they're 13 or 14 at most. Not as old as the black/white protags but not as young as the Su/Mo protags either.

Satoshi & Touko likes this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Yeah. I think that they are equivalent to Nate & Rosa in terms of their ages.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. Baggie_Saiyan

Baggie_Saiyan Well-Known Member

Gen 5 Chibi sprites made their ages kinda irrelevant imo. S&M finally ditched chibi but like you said they basically were kids so that is why I am super happy about this!

LilligantLewis likes this.
  4. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

It is London. You can see London Eye and Westminter Palace when they zoom in the video.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  5. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

One of the best ideas I've heard. Love this!!

6. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

Some of my thoughts:

things I liked include:

The region (looks temperate/mountainous and leaning more towards cold)
    Player characters look a bit older
    Graphics
    The player characters look AMAZING (provided customization returns, it will be even better than Alola with these models and climate)
    The grass starter

things I didn't like

No overworld encounters
    GYMS RETURNING! (and the fact that they said they are wanting to "try new things" only rubs salt in the wound)

7. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Where did they say gyms are returning? Didn't see anything about gyms in the video.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

You can see tournament rings and buildings in the trailer. There's a grass gym they show in there.

PokeMon2.0 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  9. ArtFenix

ArtFenix Well-Known Member

Yes, but the Lati twins aren't box legendaries. ;)

10. If you zoom in enough, you can see all the stadiums or gyms

11. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I wanna hear the battle theme music

12. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

I don't know why I haven't seen many people suggest Scorbunny as becoming Fire/Electric? To me it seems one of the two most likely, the other being Fire/Fighting (god forbid). Also ironically enough, I've been wishing for a water lizard starter for ages, but Sobble is underwhelming for me. Hopefully he'll grow on me, because I like Scorbunny a little more at the moment, yet I don't want another Fire/Fighting repeat...

As for Grookey, he's okay. Nothing special to me though at least.

13. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ No Need To Worry...Yet

It'll probably be a while until we hear them unfortunately

janejane6178 and PokeMon2.0 like this.
  14. agent9149

agent9149 Active Member

Looks wack!

Just kidding. The game looks beautiful actually. Very beautiful. If that's what sun and moon is supposed to look like at full power, then that's amazing. The starters are all equally cute. I can't decide just yet, gonna wait for the final evolution.

The map looks interesting. It seems a bit small, but Hoenn also seemed small but had a lot of stuff to do in it, so I'll hold on to my judgement. I am bit afraid that it seems very linear in terms of map direction, you can literally trace the flow upwards. I hope that's not the case. Back tracking never hurts in a pokemon game.

Now, I don't know yet, but from just the trailer, it seems were going to have the same old closed routes again. I hope that's not the case. What's the point of a beautiful landscape if I can't go frolic in it? However, the middle region with the lakes appears to be what could be the closest thing we have to a big open region.

We might still have over world pokemon. Maybe, Idk but I hope we do. I really hope we do. The trainers still are standing in one place, I hope that's not the case, but probably most likely.

I just hope the gameplay and the story is on point.

15. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

I’m not impressed. It just looks like SM HD which is one of the worst case scenarios for this game. What they showed of the game still shows tons of cramped, linear paths, it just has more visual flair in the background. I reduced my expectations from full on BotW to just having larger and more open paths but it doesn’t even look like it meets those expectations. I’ll reserve judgment in case more info comes out that makes this game look more favorable (such as being able to challenge gyms in any order), but not a good first look at this game.

16. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

You're right, I missed that they talked about gyms. That's so dumb. I was hoping this game would have at least a semblance of challenge since it was supposed to be for the 'veteran players', but I guess not.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  17. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

You know, that would be a perfect opportunity to create your online Wi-Fi teams and battle. You can create your clans, which perfectly matches with 'Sword', 'Shield' theme as well.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Looks like there's a huge, futuristic city at the very top of the region. I hope that's a city and not just the Elite Four.

19. Nodame

Nodame Cute Pokemon fan

WHY the titles colors are red and blue again? I wanted Pink and Green..

20. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Holy crap, don’t get my hopes up for a Poison type (non-UB) legendary!

Industry vs. nature could definitely play a role there.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.