• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Grey Wind

80 I think is perfect count for a new gen. But I have feeling we'll probably have similar to Kalos numbers here...
I'm fine with 80 (quality over quantity and all that), I just hope they divide up the Pokemon well. XY and SM didn't have great type balance, and SM especially had waaay too many legendaries.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Woudn't be surprised if it's either just that or other numbers that are relevant to Pokemon, like 151, 928, or 623.

Baggie_Saiyan

I'm fine with 80 (quality over quantity and all that), I just hope they divide up the Pokemon well. XY and SM didn't have great type balance, and SM especially had waaay too many legendaries.
I don't think any gen is as bad as that when it comes to Gen 4.... xD

I just hope stat spread matches Pokemon this time around unlike S&M.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
What do you all think the pokedex is physically going to look like? They used to be modeled after the system the game is on but that seems to have petered off a little with Rotomdex maybe being the closest to the 2DS?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What do you all think the pokedex is physically going to look like? They used to be modeled after the system the game is on but that seems to have petered off a little with Rotomdex maybe being the closest to the 2DS?
As long as we don't have that RotomDex cringe, I'm fine with anything. However, since UK is a heavily-industrialized region, I'm expecting a high-tech device that goes well with the generation's new online gimmick.

Novembre

I'm hyped byt the new map and the new protagonists. I like both, the boy and the girl. And they seem older than usual, it's a good point. I like their look, but I really hope we can still buy clothes and change hair.

As long as we don't have that RotomDex cringe, I'm fine with anything. However, since UK is a heavily-industrialized region, I'm expecting a high-tech device that goes well with the generation's new online gimmick.

I agree. I don't mind a living Pokédex as long as it is not Rotomdex. Stop speaking Pokédex which asks every three seconds if the game was saved. :/

ShadowForce720

You know with the legendries for these games both being wolves I have to wonder if these will be both 2 different pokemon or these wolves are just going to be one single pokemon with 2 different forms, and before people say that they would never have the mascots of the games being a single pokemon with 2 different forms, I think it's important to point out that the mascots of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 and Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were forms of Kyurem and Necrozma respectively, and while those are games that didn't start a new generation we did get Sun and Moon which started gen 7 and it's mascots while not different forms of the same pokemon were part of a branch evolution line so if we can have mascot legendaries be part of a branch evolution line I see no reason why the mascots of pokemon Sword and Shield can't be 2 different forms of the same pokemon.

Now just to make this clear I'm not saying that we couldn't get 2 different wolf legendary pokemon, I'm just saying that there is a interesting possibility that it could just be one wolf legendary pokemon with 2 different forms.

Grey Wind

I don't think any gen is as bad as that when it comes to Gen 4.... xD

I just hope stat spread matches Pokemon this time around unlike S&M.
At least Gen 4 had more regular Pokemon, only 3 event exclusives, and a lot of lore for their legendaries. Also if you include Ultra Beasts and Meltan, Gen 7 had 23 legendaries in total.

You know with the legendries for these games both being wolves
We don't know that they're both wolves, necessarily. That style of sigil is quite common so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just flavour for the logos.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm hyped byt the new map and the new protagonists. I like both, the boy and the girl. And they seem older than usual, it's a good point. I like their look, but I really hope we can still buy clothes and change hair.
To me, they actually feel and ACT more human. The age is a plus too. Perhaps these games really will be aimed more at the older playerbase.

And yeah, naturally, finding out that customization is absent is the one way to knock my hype for these games down to near zero.

We're already going back to tradition with gyms and that's kind of a hard hit for me. Not gyms themselves, but the returning of traditions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
We're already going back to tradition with gyms and that's kind of a hard hit for me. Not gyms themselves, but the returning of traditions.
Same here for me. There's only so much you can do to make gyms challenging as long as Game Freak refuses to give them more than like 3 or 4 pokémon and refuses to teach the AI how to actually battle properly and make it use its pokémon as a team. I'm afraid we won't have any challenging battles at all in the story mode of this game, so any kind of interesting battles will probably have to wait until Battle spot.

Novembre

To me, they actually feel and ACT more human. The age is a plus too. Perhaps these games really will be aimed more at the older playerbase.

I'm one of the old player, playing for twenty years now! Yes, it's a good point for this actually, having older characters. :)
They are probably like 18... Maybe a bit more... At least, no more children alone in the world!

DSDark

Breeder

And yeah, naturally, finding out that customization is absent is the one way to knock my hype for these games down to near zero.

You got to remember these games aren't being released for at least 9 months. There is plenty of information to show between now and then. When they were battling pikachu the health bar wasn't shown.

Things will get added in as they want to release them.

I still think we could see pokemon showing up in the overworld. It'll be a feature they add in future trailers

Sarefan

Hylden General.
These arenas make me wonder: could there be some mini tournaments in the region instead of Gyms?

Kage-Pikachu

Some things I noticed about the trailer were a lack of following Pokemon and the return of random encounters (though I believe their were some high flying Pokemon in some scenes).

I thought the Galar region looked incredibly beautiful but from what they've shown it feels incredibly empty. Hopefully they just didn't show too much in the trailer and the towns and cities actually feel alive in the final version.

I really hope that Pokemon appear in the overworld again, it'd be such a waste to not have Pokemon interacting with these beautiful environments.

I've been re-watching this trailer over and over and I can't get enough of it. The starters had very nice designs in my opinion, I'm personally favoring the Fire Rabbit but more than likely I'll trade with a friend and get all 3.

The return of gyms is confirmed but I really hope they combine elements from the Island Trials, i'd like to have to prove myself to the gym leaders before battling them and hopefully they have a way to power up their Pokemon (similar to Totem Pokemon or the Legendaries in LGP/E).

I'm only getting one of the pair this time around and it will likely be Sword since I'm sure the Legendary will be more offensive oriented.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
These arenas make me wonder: could there be some mini tournaments in the region instead of Gyms?

You know when I asked for tournaments in the games this isn't what I expected, but I'm happy to see how they would look. I wouldn't be surprised if some gym leaders participated in tournaments? Maybe we'll get a mini gym battle with a rugby gym leader? There has to be at least one British-sports themed gym leader.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
D0avx2hWkAEufVK.jpg

So, is that Ryme City at the top?
That looks like PokeLondon, and I highly doubt that they would implement Ryme City into the games. I believe that the city at the top will be home to an Electric-type gym.