1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

5.9%
  2. Yep

11.1%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.0%
  1. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Isnt that the league? at the top

2. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Like Surge in BW, Fantina in XY, and Olympia in SM, people are speculating on if Wikistrom (Steel Type E4 in Kalos) is from Galar

3. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

It's quite hard to tell where the league is going to be to be honest.

It could be in the middle city possibly?

Although the big spire in the middle of the city could be the league and you battle you way up the tower before fighting in the dome at the top

Would make sense

4. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll introduce Poke politics here? That might sound boring but there are ways to make such a thing interesting.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  5. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Why would olympya be from SM

6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I just think that the tower will be an Electric gym. It kinda makes sense.

7. Ignition

Her hair looks like Lunala’s head, her gym has a cosmic theme like the SM legends

janejane6178 likes this.
  8. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

I also feel like Marlon was from Alola.

9. mtie123

mtie123 Johto's Hero

So soon after Lumiose tower though? It also feels like those stadiums are the gyms rather than other landmarks

10. RileyXY1

Marlon is actually naturally light skinned and he got a heavy tan. His feet are of his original skin tone. Phoebe is someone I actually think is from Alola.

11. D*N

D*N Musical Star

It doesn't look like a gym though, so I doubt that

12. RileyXY1

You can say the same about some of the gyms in Gen 6. Besides Prism Tower, Valerie's Gym was a dollhouse and Grant's was built into a cave.

13. ThroughTheIris56

ThroughTheIris56 Active Member

I'm pretty confident they will. There's not much you're gonna put on boxart of a Pokemon game other than a Pokemon, and legendary mascots obviously make the most sense.

14. Ignition

Disappointed in return to Gyms. Yay for battles lacking strategy

Dragalge likes this.
  15. RileyXY1

He was saying if the games would put a starter on the boxart instead of having box legends like Gen 1 did.

16. ThroughTheIris56

ThroughTheIris56 Active Member

Agreed, I think if there's only around 80 new Pokemon, only 5-7 should be legendary imo.

17. D*N

D*N Musical Star

We've seen how the grass gym looks and we can see buildings just like that one on the map, my guess would be that those are the gyms this generation. Not to mention the tower looks way too intense to just be a gym. It's gonna be an important building storywise I would guess.

18. AgentKallus

AgentKallus A human person.

Fun-Fact, large parts of Ryme city in the live action movie are filmed in London. If PokeLondon was Ryme city It would tye the movie to the games and help market both but it would be a big surprise, and I doubt that they'd do it too but there is good reason to do it.

Sliverbaer likes this.
  19. RileyXY1

But, I don't think that they would do that. Detective Pikachu is its own thing meant to explore the Pokemon world outside of being a Pokemon trainer.

20. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

DarkFlameMaster likes this.