• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So many dislikes on the newly uploaded SwSh gameplay trailer on Nintendo's Youtube. xD

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
I think there is something that they aren't telling us here. If you can transfer any Pokemon to home from the 3ds titles, GO, and Let's go, but if you can't transfer them back then what can you possibly do with them if you can't transfer them to Sword and Shield? It doesn't really add up.

Well, they've already confirmed you can trade on Home so I guess that alone might be their way of catering to collectors who are gonna be disappointed by the Sw/Sh news but other than that Home could have more features that we don't know about. As in it could maybe have a stripped down battling system. Maybe it could be the full battling experience with up to gen8 mechanics but downgraded graphics and obviously lacking the story/catching elements of the games. That could be their way of catering to the competitive crowd which is also gonna be disappointed.

Or maybe Home is just like your command centre and you can transfer a limited subsection of pokemon to all future games. As in, Gen4 remakes only support an extended Sinnoh dex and you can send different pokemon there than you can to Sw/Sh, maybe you can send Gen2 pokemon to a Let's Go Johto game etc.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So many dislikes on the newly uploaded SwSh gameplay trailer on Nintendo's Youtube. xD

Yeah, as much as I think this whole thing is silly, people are probably over-reacting. The game still looks great otherwise.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
About the new pokemon, Yamper has the ability Ball Fetch to keep any pokeballs you get from a failed captures. Honestly, it's a pokeball version of pick-up, but I can see myself farming for pokeballs with this.

How would you farm pokeballs?

you just pick up ones you've already thrown. So you'd end up with the same ammount

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
About the new pokemon, Yamper has the ability Ball Fetch to keep any pokeballs you get from a failed captures. Honestly, it's a pokeball version of pick-up, but I can see myself farming for pokeballs with this.
If they decide to bring back the apricorn pokéballs like they did with Gen 7, then I’m DEFINITELY adding Yamper to my team (or at least my reserves).

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer

you just pick up ones you've already thrown. So you'd end up with the same ammount
Also, it apparently only picks up the ball from the first failed throw (and said ball them becomes its held item). You still lose all subsequent balls.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???

I obviously haven't seen anything yet, but it could be a good use for test runs on certain pokemon that have the potential to blow up or kill themselves without need damp. I'd hate spending so much time on a mon that just doesn't want to get in a ball and then wasting all my pokeballs for no good reason. It's a nice way to regroup.

If they decide to bring back the apricots pokéballs like they did with Gen 7, then I’m DEFINITELY adding Yamper to my team

It could be useful for apricots if they exist in the game.

Also, it apparently only picks up the ball from the first failed throw (and said ball them becomes its held item). You still lose all subsequent balls.

Darn. I assumed they had to nerf it somehow...but what if I have multiple Yamper?

On a side note, it also appears the gym battles creates a medallion? Maybe a key to opening the pokemon league?
https://twitter.com/SebPro101/status/1138517467553124352

aerial_ace

Yeah...that "you get notification if your friends do stuff in the game" is exactly what I didn't want when the social media stuff came up...

When I'm in a game I don't wanna have my immerson broken by hearing about a friend catching a Yamper or dressing up their avatar or something like that.

I hope that can be turned off.
If you are not connected to wifi you won't be able to see it so it won't be an issue for single player. I think it is great feature similar to pss it just seems everything is easy for you to access suchas battles and trades

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
Yeah, as much as I think this whole thing is silly, people are probably over-reacting. The game still looks great otherwise.

Nah, even if you otherwise like the game in general, if you drop a dislike on that particular video they are gonna see it because that's their youtube channel and they'll probably be able to figure out it's because of the pokemon being cut.

As in, dropping a dislike on this video is our best means to convey the message that cutting old pokemon out is not ok.

I'm sure they already know that people wouldn't be happy about this but we can apply some pressure for them and maybe that can get us DLC support for the missing pokemon or at least them considering it for the future.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The girl's name is Gloria ? Is it official?
No. Those are just random names for the demo. The other names are "Victor", "Tom", and "Jane".
Even if it is her official name, I’m more than likely still going to call her “Moira” since it was used for one of the first Scottish trainer memes.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I like the news. I don’t mind the news about Pokémon Home.
I’m not a fan of the Wild Area limiting encounters with strong Pokémon.
I like the battle music.
I like the 2 new Pokémon revealed.
Particularly Impidimp, since I feel like how it looks, we may get our first orc or troll Pokémon as one of its evolutions.
Yamper is going on my team, likely.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So looking at the interview again, it doesn't seem like technical limitations are the reason for excluding some pokemon. Masuda mentioned game balance, and time constraints, as well as featuring Pokemon that "fit" the story and region of Sword and Shield. If this is all true, then perhaps going forward Pokemon wants to change the competitive scene by not having all Pokemon available to play for any particular game. Kind of like how in some card games there are "rotations" where certain older cards are excluded from play for a while.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Nah, even if you otherwise like the game in general, if you drop a dislike on that particular video they are gonna see it because that's their youtube channel and they'll probably be able to figure out it's because of the pokemon being cut as that's where it was first announced and other Sw/Sh videos will not receive the same treatment.

As in, dropping a dislike on this video is our best means to convey the message that cutting old pokemon out is not ok. (especially from the first home console release... like wtf? If they did that for the next game people might be more understanding but we've been actively waiting for this for ages and they have so much more power at their disposal, they should have at least pushed if only for this occasion.)

I'm sure they already know that people wouldn't be happy about this but we can apply some pressure for them to maybe allow for DLC support for the old pokemon to be added later or for them to try and do it for the other games. Just because it doesn't break the game for you it doesn't mean we shouldn't let them know what we like and don't like for the future...

That's not how is works though. The only thing that really matters to game companies is whether or not a game sells. It doesn't matter how many dislikes you put on a YT video because millions of people are still going to buy the game. Unless these sales prove that those people who are not happy with the changes ARE NOT the minority of people on the internet. They won't do anything. And even then, there's no guarantee these changes could even happen for these games at the moment. We literally do not know.

This isn't me saying to mindlessly consume everything you get. But the point I'm trying to make is that you are not pressuring Nintendo, GF, or anyone to do jack. The only thing you are doing is just showing disapproval which anyone can do. It doesn't give a clear indication what the problem is unless you look at the comments which many people don't do anyways because they have more time to spend developing other stuff for the games regardless. The upheaval would have to be so huge that a significant drop in sales occurred to even consider the problems.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1138522275416825857

It might just be that they ran out of time to finish updating the entire pokedex and went through and chose what they could get done on time and did their best to balance types and competitiveness. Knowing their history, we won't get an update for Sword and Shield that contains the rest, but the next games will have all of them. bummer, but not the end of the world. I just hope we don't have as small of an increase in the pokedex as the last two generations. I'd like a good 100 or more this time.

Kingudora

My favourite
My two cents on the 'Galar Dex only':
  1. I refuse to believe that this means that some pokémon have been permanantly dropped from the franchise.
    Most likely, this means some pokémon are gonna sit out this generation. Which absolutely sucks, but they shouldn't be gone forever. Less likely, perhaps some pokémon will be patched into the game in batches.
  2. I don't think they have been hard-coded out of the games.
    They are probably still there, with their data copypasted from last gen, like typing, abilities and stats etc. still intact. Most likely they just haven't received any new animation work or such like the ones in the Galar Dex. They may have removed their graphical assets. Not out of a need to save space, but to make it more practical if they are going to remain unused.