• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Another neat addition to GYM battles:

If your Pokémon is fainted, the battle screen displays the red-beaten image in background, referring the player's knockout.

WHwqwc.png

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The more I think about this, the more I think they are trying to "soft reintroduced the Pokemon like in Ruby and Sapphire, though instead of hardware limitations, they are doing this to level the playing field (consider in Pokemon Go that you can catch nearly every Pokemon in Gens 1-4). Because of this, they may wait until either just a later date or until the next pair of games come out.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1138522275416825857

It might just be that they ran out of time to finish updating the entire pokedex and went through and chose what they could get done on time and did their best to balance types and competitiveness. Knowing their history, we won't get an update for Sword and Shield that contains the rest, but the next games will have all of them. bummer, but not the end of the world. I just hope we don't have as small of an increase in the pokedex as the last two generations. I'd like a good 100 or more this time.

But what possibly could have taken that much time? The models for every non-Galar Pokémon have already been created, leaving them with only the relatively simple task of updating the textures. This seems intentional.

My two cents on the 'Galar Dex only':
  1. I refuse to believe that this means that some pokémon have been permanantly dropped from the franchise.
    Most likely, this means some pokémon are gonna sit out this generation. Which absolutely sucks, but they shouldn't be gone forever. Less likely, perhaps some pokémon will be patched into the game in batches.

Of course. I don't think that was ever in question. Of course they're not gone forever. They'll be back in future games. We're not retconning Pokémon out of existence. It's just making it so you can't use them in this specific set of games. That's all.

I don't think they have been hard-coded out of the games.
They are probably still there, with their data copypasted from last gen, like typing, abilities and stats etc. still intact. Most likely they just haven't received any new animation work or such like the ones in the Galar Dex. They may have removed their graphical assets. Not out of a need to save space, but to make it more practical if they are going to remain unused.

Doesn't really matter one way or another if they're 100% unobtainable.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Sorry but i don't see why spam dislike or angry comment will help much, it could be have better effect if someone in E3 find Matsuda, jump on him and shout right in his face or and try to attack him with your anger something like that but don't do that for the god sake or have fun in jail.

My point is they are not idiot, theh should know how this going to upset and still told us now anyway, even from now the comment in YT and Twitter will be full of angry fans, like they going to care?

I mean i just saw Pokemon tweet about Go and then the comment gone wild as i expected.

...Oh i just notice this, Remember when people angry that Mario Maker 2 won't allow you to play online with friend and now they changed it, then some fans will think "Hey! It worked!" and then going to do the same with Pokemon Sword and Shield too, man...this is going to be long ride, isn't it?

It would be funny if the game release and datamine found all Pokemon models in the game just like all walking animation for Gen 7 lol...but it not seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Creyk

Let's think about which pokemon are so utterly irrelevant they will probably not be included in the games. I'm thinking:
1. Horsea line (because really, who cares?)
2. Noctowl line
3. Mightyena line
4. Barbaracle
5. Houndour (? maybe ?)
6. Lunatone / Solrock (they couldn't even be bothered to put them in the games named sun and moon wtf)
7. Sunkern line

Any other guesses?

Orphalesion

I'm not too bothered by them not including all old Pokemon, since I tend to use the new Pokemon anyway when playing a new game, so I don't really care.

But I can understand it might be a problem for some people and competitive battling. And I wouldn't want some Pokemon to be completely forgotten or anything.

Creyk

Sorry but i don't see why spam dislike or angry comment will help much, it could be have better effect if someone in E3 find Matsuda, jump on him and shout right in his face or something like that but don't do that for the god sake or have fun in jail.
You don't go to jail for a minor offense like that unless you already have a criminal past and even then it's a long process.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It seems Nessa also has a Goldeen. When was the last time we saw a Goldeen on an important trainer?
I think Wallace in Ruby/Sapphire had a Seaking.

I think it and Krabby/Kingler are the least used water-types from Kanto

What I liked about Sun/Moon was Hala having a Mankey which was never used before and he was the first trainer using Primeape and Poliwrath since Chuck in gen 2.

D

Deleted member 384931

Meanwhile the hype for the Alola League has died and SM cant be over soon enough lol...

Baggie_Saiyan

Another thing I dislike. Attack animations. Literally look no better and from what I've seen prefer the S/M ones!

Pokemon designs minus the Legends look good but Pokemon has always had a good designs, so far not really seeing anything to justify this jump from handheld. They're also look to be bringing some of the hand holdy features from S/M back too.

A bike that does everything.

I also feel like this might be X/Y type thing so unless Nintendo bring out a cheaper console definitely am just gonna wait on this.

D

Deleted member 384931

Lol it seems like there are many people dissapointed on Youtube, forums and even on newssites. Did we ever had such a dissapointment?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Who will win? Black and White or Sword and Sheild for the more polarizing game? You decide!
Don't forget Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. They seemed to be pretty polarizing too.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I find Y-Comm to be mostly disappointing so far. It just feels like Festival Plaza, but, with one exception, without any of the good stuff. The only confirmed things players can do with each other thus far is battle, trade, and have Max Raid battles. Laaaaaame. I want to do other things with players online!

Persistent online connectivity is closer to being a thing again (good, I guess?), and seeing other players appear directly in your game is neat as well. So there's something positive from me at least.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Really not liking the "only galar dex" transfer. I know it will eventually happen but why not wait a few months to get the job done and release it "complete". I guess i'll only buy HOME when everything can be send to sword/shield, not about to waste my money beforehand.