1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.9%
  2. Yep

10.1%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.0%
  1. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

The title makes no sense anyways, no ones forcing you to transfer your pokemon into home anyways, just keep them in their current games until they are transferable. Jail implies forced and there is nothing forced about this.

wolf jani likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

I agree with you there. I'm worried about the app/smartphone reliance as well, given that not everyone has large smartphones and doesn't always have access to them all the time.

wolf jani likes this.
  3. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

I have a feeling GameFreak will pay attention to the whole #BringBackNationalDex situation once it becomes apparent to them that some players won't take this lying down.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Not remotely. Just like the petition you posted, if it were something that could be changed with something as without substance as a hashtag, it's not a decision they would have made that way in the first place.

5. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

The name 'Pokemon Jail' is supposed to symbolize how some Pokemon in the older games won't be able to be transferred into ShSw, so it's like those Pokemon are stuck in a jail cell.

MockingJ and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. 1rkhachatryan

They'll probably address it soon but don't expect them to just change it, pokemon is a juggernaut of a franchise and things are planned way in advance. They aren't gonna delay it as that would delay the anime and countless other things which depend on everything coming out when they are supposed to.

7. Ulicies

Ulicies Mild Monk

Unfortunately we're at the most, a few tens of thousands of fans outraged by this. Reddit's recent survey related to this issue tallied up 52,000~. That's a drop in the bucket of the 10~ million they nabbed with Let's Go. The good news however is that internet vocal minorities can stir the pot and control the narrative with enough noise, and inspire enough people to cancel enough pre-orders to get Nintendo's attention. That's all we can hope for really.

No one aware of Pokemon's economic realities expect Nintendo to delay Sword and Shield, but the best we can hope for is an announcement to patch in the rest of the Pokemon post-launch.

8. 1rkhachatryan

I'm well aware of what the reasoning is, I'm saying it doesn't make sense because YOU are the one putting your pokemon in there, not them.

Oh you would be surprised how many delay the game for a year we want a complete game comments I've seen, it's straight up ridiculous how much people overreacted about this lol.

Alli and wolf jani like this.
  9. Minedreigon

Minedreigon A monument to all your sins

Pokemon Jail was funny while it lasted lol. Not sure why we’re all so upset about a funny fan nickname.

“...it was confirmed that there is currently no decision to bring the existing Pokémon that can't be in Sword & Shield back into the game using patches, but those that don't will still have an active role in Pokémon HOME”
    This is pulled from Serebii’s main website.

Are we sure this means what we think it means? I’ve always thought this was Gamefreak saying they don’t intent to patch the missing Pokemon in right now, because they specifically say that there is currently no decision to patch them in. And then it immediately makes reference to Pokemon Home as a consolation for the Pokemon that don’t make it. So what’s the deal with this statement? Anyone got any more evidence to suggest either side?

I was also just thinking that if the anime includes all the missing Pokemon, that would be a massive slap in the face to players.

MockingJ likes this.
  10. 1rkhachatryan

I think they are saying everybody needs to calm all the way down and that we know next to nothing about home or even the extent of the dex in Galar.

Also the anime is always gonna include more pokemon then the games as they anime world is an actual world not beholden to game rules lol.

Redstar45 and wolf jani like this.
  11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Would it? Really? As in, would someone whose Dunsparce got left behind see an animated one on TV and angrily ask "Game Freak, how DARE you slap me in the face like this!"?

Ducolamia, Redstar45 and wolf jani like this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm casually optimistic that something good will come out of this since I don't think Game Freak has ever faced this much backlash within such a short period of time. Personally, I think it's been a long time coming since I haven't seen eye to eye with them on many things these past few years.

Ulicies and MockingJ like this.
  13. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

Adding here, since I'm the last post owner in Dynamax thread and don't want to double post:

In Demo, I noticed Dynamax balances the battles in a good way. You neither take the advantage of Megas nor Z-Moves. A Dynamax Wooloo's Max Strike doesn't deal much damage at all to Drednaw or a Dynamax Yamper can't KO a non-Dynamax Goldeen (at 50%) akin their Attack stat. However, a non-Dynamax Grookey can KO a Dynamax Drednaw still.

I'm impressed and satisfied with that change especially for Battle Tower-kind facilities, where it was relatively easy for M-Kangaskhan to sweep and earn BP. It feels like the NPC battles will be more even now like it was in Generation 4 and 5.

wolf jani and ghostedZorua like this.
  14. Ducolamia

Ducolamia SAYYYY WHAT???

Are people comparing what we will find in the games to the anime? What? If anything the anime should NEVER be a basis for what you will find in the games. And this ranges from Pokemon to filler gyms.

At most we had some small cameos and forms (some unavailable now) that are uncatchable in the games before (The infamous Kecleon is the first thing that came to my mind). But now it's a problem? There are so many things the anime had that was never really used (like the gs ball) and for the longest time you couldn't get Celebi without some form of hacking. Would some kids probably get upset? Yeah. But many just moved on regardless. The anime simply has filler Pokemon to add onto the scenery or whatever mood is needed

That being said, I agree, I do think it is too early to pass judgement on whether or not home will be good or if the games will be good. As always, I think it's best to wait for more information before freaking out.

WishIhadaManafi5 and wolf jani like this.
  15. 1rkhachatryan

I agree with this tbh. It's not a 1 hit KO system which is what Mega evo and z moves turned into. You still need to use strategy with Dynamax.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. TsengHyena

TsengHyena Well-Known Member

Hows the anime gonna explain the sudden disappearance of half the roster?

17. 1rkhachatryan

See it's dramatic shiz like this that's annoying. One, because it isn't even close to accurate, and two, the anime doesn't have a limit in anyway shape or form. It can show whatever pokemon it wants at any time for no reason other then it can.

18. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

They will just stop showing those pokemon.
    They somehow managed in BW so this will be a piece of cake.

WishIhadaManafi5 and wolf jani like this.
  19. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

The anime won't be bothered with it just like other regions haven't bothered with it. As if we've seen all the Pokémon that ever existed in the Alola saga.

20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The anime tends to do its own thing without paying that much attention to Pokemon limitations in the games to be honest. So at most I expect that some Pokemon simply won't appear there, but there are so many Pokemon already that even if half of them wind up being excluded from Shield and Sword, it wouldn't really affect the anime much.