• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Some people are complaining about very trivial things that will absolutely not affect the gameplay experience, but they do break immersion.
Do u think we might get more news this month?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
When watching the trailer, I didnt noticed any problem with the rocks. But now that ppl pointed it out, its hard to ignore it hehe
Same here. But graphics wise, it's still better than it was before.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
That graphics discussion really gets old. Gen 3-7 also had mediocre to bad graphics compared to other games on their respetive system. Jumping from a handheld to a console/handheld hybrid and expecting Pokemon suddenly to have home console graphics is pretty dumb.

There could've used better textures at some points (like the trees) but otherwise I am satisfied with the graphical jump.

DSDark

Breeder
Wow. People complaining about a rock being a bit too shiny. Isn't that a bit too nitpicky?

Yes very. Of course SwSh is going to be a bit rough. it's the first generation on a new system that was built from the ground up. Let's go doesn't count because its a remake. Look at every first generation on a new system and you'll see that they were rough compared to the second. On the DS you can see the massive growth in design from DP to HGSS to BW. It's even more noticeable on the 3ds the grough from XY to ORAS to SM to USUM. So SwSh is going to be rough however the DP remakes will be better and then gen 9 will be better. The main reason people are complaining so much about it is because the games now carry a $20 price increase.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yes very. Of course SwSh is going to be a bit rough. it's the first generation on a new system that was built from the ground up. Let's go doesn't count because its a remake. Look at every first generation on a new system and you'll see that they were rough compared to the second. On the DS you can see the massive growth in design from DP to HGSS to BW. It's even more noticeable on the 3ds the grough from XY to ORAS to SM to USUM. So SwSh is going to be rough however the DP remakes will be better and then gen 9 will be better. The main reason people are complaining so much about it is because the games now carry a $20 price increase.
However, we don't even know if there will be DP remakes.

DSDark

Breeder
However, we don't even know if there will be DP remakes.

Every new generation on a new system since 3 has followed the same pattern. New generation, remake

gen 3, gen 1 remake, new system
gen 4, gen 2 remake, new system
gen 5, no remake, same system
gen 6, gen 3 remake, new system
gen 7, no remake, same system
gen 8, new system

So a gen 4 remake should follow suit

also since the ds we've gotten two generations per system.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I actually like the simple menu style. Doesn’t have to look pretty, just has to be functional. And the British vernacular and expressions are really cute. The games still look like lazy half assed garbage to me, but that is just my subjective opinion and should not affect your own opinions or excitement for the games ;)

As for the importance of side quest features... I admit I never use them. Gen 5 movie studio, the photo taking in Gen 7, Pokémon Amie, secret bases, collecting medals, battle royales, any of those costume and trainer card design stuff... never did any of it. I focus on breeding, battle tree/tower, building teams, shiny hunting and Pokédex completion. If I’m required to do a side quest to obtain a rare item I’ll do it. Like shard collecting or digging for fossils or Poke Pelago. But I won’t be fishing for a record size Magikarp unless there’s a benefit to it. Contests in Gen 3 was the only thing I was somewhat invested it, but only briefly. And they were kinda fun due to implementing combos etc. Didn’t care about the ribbons though.

Having said that, I do see that those things would appeal to some people. I wish we could have everything in the games to cater for everyone.
My style of gameplay has always been a lot like yours, until recently. I'm on a mission to replay all of the gen 3-5 games. While my primary goal is re-completing my living dex, this time with every variation, including genders, I'm also making it a goal to accomplish as much as possible in each of the games. That means doing things like trying to find all items, completing my trainer card upgrades, talking to all the NPC's at least once, and taking on a lot of the side quests. I feel like I'm getting more out of the games by playing this way. I wish I had done it a long time ago, especially since a lot of features are now missing from Gen 5 with the Nintendo DS online capabilities and the Dream World being gone.

I'll definitely be putting my legacy quest on hold for Sword and Shield, but I'll pick it back up when I've had my fill of gen 8 for a while, assuming it doesn't have amazing replay value or a lot to keep doing after the story. I'll probably play Sword and Shield the same way to make sure I get as much out of the games as possible.

Every new generation on a new system since 3 has followed the same pattern. New generation, remake

gen 8, new system

While it seems logical for them to continue the pattern, it's not safe to assume it will happen. Let's Go could have changed their view on remakes, or could have taken DP's place as the Switch's remake game. I'd say DP remakes are likely, but definitely not a guarantee. We could end up with another Ultra Sun and Moon situation and just get enhanced versions of Sword and Shield to make sure Game Freak can get that annual release. "Ultra Sword and Shield" or "Spear and Bow" or whatever they came up with could just be Sword and Shield with the full roster of pokemon coded in and a few other bells and whistles tacked on.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

gen 8, new system

However, they can always break patterns at any time.

DSDark

Breeder
However, they can always break patterns at any time.

So but as a company if you have money making machine that works there's no reason to change it. Until pokemon stops selling like gang busters they won't change the formula. Plus with the let's go series they have even room to do remakes. So within the next 3-5 years you could have DP remakes, a let's go johto and then gen 9.

I hope they won't cuz I want DP remakes

So same. Loved DP

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wow. People complaining about a rock being a bit too shiny. Isn't that a bit too nitpicky?
Maybe. Sorry. >_< Once someone spotted that rock, now it can't be unseen.

Other than that, I'm honestly ok with the graphics.

BCVM22

The main reason people are complaining so much about it is because the games now carry a $20 price increase.

The main reason people are complaining is because countless numbers have lost their minds completely. They’ve preemptively ruined these games for themselves amidst a storm of snap conclusions, misconceptions, twisting of the facts, and the placing of these games in a box of shame because they don’t match the stringent checklist of demands that certain individuals had pre-written in their heads long before we even got a first look. Being able to blame the increased cost of a Switch title vs. a 3DS title is just a convenient excuse with a dollar sign. A convenient excuse which was inevitable, just as the increase in price from GBA titles to DS titles was, and which we’ve already litigated with LGP/E a year ago, but again, why let dampers like that get in the way of a good scapegoat?

Collectively, all of this makes up the pre-release period. It hasn’t changed much in the last decade, it is largely unbearable and I for one welcome its eventual end, when we can switch over to complaining endlessly about the actual game and its contents, which won’t be markedly better but it will involve somewhat less complaining about the textures on the bloody rocks and for that, we can all be grateful.

DannyDark

See, my favourite game is FF Type-0 HD on the PS4.
It's a HD remaster of a PSP game and, as such, does not look pretty compared to most other PS4 titles.
However, the gameplay and characters were of such a quality that I didn't care at all how it looked, I loved my playthroughs regardless.

Onto SwSh.. The game looks nice on the whole, but some of the textures in some of the landscapes look downright awful.
Not an issue, though, if the gameplay and characters are of a good quality.
Gameplay-wise, then, the exclusion of the national dex, as done to death as it is, was a major gameplay blow for a good amount of people.. when you then look at the newly introduced features.. Dynamaxing, camping, the CurryDex... it's easy to see how people can become disillusioned with the game as a whole, and scrutinise things like the rocks that only add to a pre-existing gripe, if these new features further don't appeal to them also.

Character-wise, we don't really know enough so far to comment either way. Some of the designs are great, some are awful. Historically, for me personally, main series Pokemon games have typically had awful, cliche and boring stories. It's really not something I play the games for.

And then, as others have said, the increased pricing and requirement of online subscription for online features only further adds to the discontent.

So basically... I think it'd be somewhat silly to assume the people that complain about the textures of a wall are only complaining about that, it's an issue that has compounded along with others seen throughout the release cycle thus far.

------------------------------

Anyway, with that out of my head.

I'm hoping for DP remakes also! I much prefer the New Gen Game-Remake pattern as opposed to the release of a slightly updated cash-grab version.