• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
As much as people crave for DPPT remakes, I don't want GameFreak to follow Gen VI steps and introduce a remake just a year after its original games. It was absurd we only spent a year in XY and the remaining two in a remake's region. They didn't do a justice to Kalos and I'd like to spend at least two years in Galar, if we're not getting an upgraded version of Sword and Shield.

janejane6178

As much as people crave for DPPT remakes, I don't want GameFreak to follow Gen VI steps and introduce a remake just a year after its original games. It was absurd we only spent a year in XY and the remaining two in a remake's region. They didn't do a justice to Kalos and I'd like to spend at least two years in Galar, if we're not getting an upgraded version of Sword and Shield.
I wanted to see more of Kalos too, but I dont think that the problem was that ORAS were released 1 year after XY. They could have released a Z/XY2/etc version 1 year after ORAS but they didnt do so..... They didnt do justise to Kalos, such amazing region, music and lure

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So but as a company if you have money making machine that works there's no reason to change it. Until pokemon stops selling like gang busters they won't change the formula. Plus with the let's go series they have even room to do remakes. So within the next 3-5 years you could have DP remakes, a let's go johto and then gen 9.
You're ignoring the fact that they could release an upgraded version of Sword & Shield instead like USUM.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
What if they give us DP remakes, then do Spear as a 3rd version of S&S or give us DLC to expand Galar? give us a year to relive Sinnoh, then return the focus to Galar, with all of the pokemon available and more to the region.

Mewizard

Sorry if it seems like I'm being nitpicky but everyone has different aspects to the games that they like most. For me I hold the environment to a high standard in any game I play which is why I'm critical of it. Don't get me wrong, the games do look amazing for pokemon games and there are areas that I love like the spooky Forrest, I'm just dissaponted for the fact that those rocks have no need to look that bad, Any beginner 3d modeler could make better looking rocks in an hour with a youtube tutorial. It's more of something like the rocks or trees standing out and ruining what could be a great looking area.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Wow. People complaining about a rock being a bit too shiny. Isn't that a bit too nitpicky?

Yes, considering graphics are usually the first thing about game to age and never hold up over time. Case in point starfox on snes; it was jaw dropping for 1993 standards, but by 2019 standards it looks horrible. Just like how a 2019 game won’t impress by 2045 standards. Pokemon has never been a graphical powerhouse anyway; how could it when it was on handhelds which were always weaker than home consoles? But for real it seems like the fandom just wants to watch the Pokemon world burn at this point, and for what?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm not one of those fans who wants things to burn, and I figure others feel similarly. Some who like some stuff and not others, some who are disappointed overall and so on.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Sorry if it seems like I'm being nitpicky but everyone has different aspects to the games that they like most. For me I hold the environment to a high standard in any game I play which is why I'm critical of it. Don't get me wrong, the games do look amazing for pokemon games and there are areas that I love like the spooky Forrest, I'm just dissaponted for the fact that those rocks have no need to look that bad, Any beginner 3d modeler could make better looking rocks in an hour with a youtube tutorial. It's more of something like the rocks or trees standing out and ruining what could be a great looking area.
You said you still enjoyed how everything overall looked despite a couple things being weird looking. I really don’t see how a tiny thing like this rock can overall eclipse everything else that looks great. That one backdrop in ORAS was there but hardly noticeable and the whole area looked fine to where you can easily gloss over it for example. It’ll pretty much be the same deal here.

Even games like BOTW still have bad textures in a few parts but the majority of stuff looked fantastic to where, as mentioned, you will barely notice a thing lol.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
You said you still enjoyed how everything overall looked despite a couple things being weird looking. I really don’t see how a tiny thing like this rock can overall eclipse everything else that looks great. That one backdrop in ORAS was there but hardly noticeable and the whole area looked fine to where you can easily gloss over it for example. It’ll pretty much be the same deal here.

Even games like BOTW still have bad textures in a few parts but the majority of stuff looked fantastic to where, as mentioned, you will barely notice a thing lol.

Plus keep in mind we’re looking at either still pictures or very brief video. In actual gameplay with the music and other sights and sounds going on you may not even notice. Plus a minor patch could fix stuff like that. Regardless it’s still more stable than Skyrim; 8 years and 30 versions later it’s still a bug addled mess.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I wanted to see more of Kalos too, but I dont think that the problem was that ORAS were released 1 year after XY. They could have released a Z/XY2/etc version 1 year after ORAS but they didnt do so..... They didnt do justise to Kalos, such amazing region, music and lure

I agree. Z version was a must to fulfill their commitment to Kalos at least to expand its lore. I felt so bitter not having the ability to customize my character or revisit Kalos again and shoved down, which in my opinion a lackluster, RSE remakes.

What if they give us DP remakes, then do Spear as a 3rd version of S&S or give us DLC to expand Galar? give us a year to relive Sinnoh, then return the focus to Galar, with all of the pokemon available and more to the region.

I'm afraid that would put GameFreak into much stress. Imagine releasing SWSH, DPPT remakes, SWSH 2 and Let's Go Johto in four years of Generation 8 life-span and not even having a break year as the anime can no longer continue to support the story and urgently needs to switch to Generation 9.

janejane6178

I agree. Z version was a must to fulfill their commitment to Kalos at least to expand its lore. I felt so bitter not having the ability to customize my character or revisit Kalos again and shoved down, which in my opinion a lackluster, RSE remakes.

I'm afraid that would put GameFreak into much stress. Imagine releasing SWSH, DPPT remakes, SWSH 2 and Let's Go Johto in four years of Generation 8 life-span and not even having a break year as the anime can no longer continue to support the story and urgently needs to switch to Generation 9.
I liked ORAS, but I agree that the (perfect) gen 6 should have ended with another Kalos game.
As for this gen, if they are having remakes, I hope it will be only DP remakes and not another let's go game...

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
It's sad to think Kalos was meant to have another game, and it fell though. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Galar. I just want these games to feel complete. Kalos never did. If a 3rd game or sequel isn't guaranteed, they need to do their best to treat the games as if they're meant to stand alone.

Also, I agree no more Lets Go games pleaseeeee.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I liked the Lets Go games. That said, does there need to be more of them... no. But if there are more of them, hopefully there will be much more to do post game. And hopefully they'll fix the bluetooth trading issue people had with Go Park.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Yeah, this is what Gen III did. Although, back then, FRLG and E actually came out the same year lol (in Japan), so there was barely any time back in Kanto before returning to Hoenn. Either way though, what I mean is: that release order of having the remake between the two versions of the same region is the best release order.

That generation went: RS >> FRLG >> E.
Having a break with Kanto before coming back to Hoenn made Emerald feel fresh, compared to Platinum coming right after DP, which made it feel repetitive. HGSS should have come out before Platinum, for example. So I hope that's what happens here. if DP remakes happen, they should happen between two Galar games.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Yeah, this is what Gen III did. Although, back then, FRLG and E actually came out the same year lol (in Japan), so there was barely any time back in Kanto before returning to Hoenn. Either way though, what I mean is: that release order of having the remake between the two versions of the same region is the best release order.

That generation went: RS >> FRLG >> E.
Having a break with Kanto before coming back to Hoenn made Emerald feel fresh, compared to Platinum coming right after DP, which made it feel repetitive. HGSS should have come out before Platinum, for example. So I hope that's what happens here. if DP remakes happen, they should happen between two Galar games.
Agreed, although if we ever have the same region twice in a generation again, I want sequels like Black 2 and White 2, not enhanced versions like Emerald and Ultra Sun and Moon, unless we get it in the form of DLC that doesn't cost as much as a full game. The days of enhanced games that cost the same as the original need to be over.

I don't see how it would put them in any more stress than they are already in. We've had a new pair of games every year except 2015 for nearly a decade.