• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Considering regional forms/evolutions aren't exclusive to gen 1 now, no.
Then I wonder which Pokemon will get a new evo. Hope it will be someone from othe gen

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Also curious to know what move it used during the trailer, Superpower perhaps? Going to wait for its stats before I consider adding to my in-game team.
Apparently it’s new, called Meteor Assault.

Yes, however it has never been mentioned that if Galarian Koffing exists or not, which is why it was speculated whether or not a pre-Galarian form is a pre-requisite.

In fact here, "Meet Sirfetch’d, the Wild Duck Pokémon! Farfetch’d that inhabit the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles." does imply that any normal Farfetch'd can evolve into Sirfetch'd as long as you're in Galar.
If I remember right, there was a normal Koffing in the party during the Treehouse streams :thinking emoji:

On another note, have you guys noticed the music in the background. Sounds like it has some "old country" tones to it, kind of reminds of the classic renditions of Johto's music in Pokemon Stadium 2 when the player is trying to decide a command for his or her Pokemon.
The bagpipes one has been played in a few trailers I believe. I know it was played when Galarian Weezing was introduced in the Japanese trailer.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The thing is though, what the hell could possibly be Farfetch’d counterpart for the Shield Exclusive?

The official site mentions a "famous painting" where it fights an Escavalier, so the Shield-exclusive, as someone had pointed out earlier, could be a Galarian Escavalier.

But, if that doesn't have anything to do with it, then: Skarmory? Delibird? Chatot?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
So this is taken from the English website

"The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch'd after experiencing many battles."

So Galarian farfetch'd exists. They just choose not to show it. Weird
That means the general population of Farfetchd'd living in the Galar region; not necessarily hinting a Galarian Farfetch'd.

greninjamaster

The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.

I think this suggests what the Shield exclusive will be perhaps. A Galarian form of Escavalier.

D

Deleted member 384931

The official site mentions a "famous painting" where it fights an Escavalier, so the Shield-exclusive, as someone had pointed out earlier, could be a Galarian Escavalier.

But, if that doesn't have anything to do with it, then: Skarmory? Delibird? Chatot?
Is there a famous painting in England between two knights?

DannyDark

To be honest there's plenty of themes of Pokemon that could be a counterpart... they don't even have to be 1 stage, since Farfetch'd is now a 2 stage Pokemon.

They could have themes of underhanded tactics to counter Farfetchd's honourable outlook.. could be similarly knight or combat themed, and be a sparring partner...

Due to the lore right now, my guess would be Galarian Escavalier, but we'll see!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.

I think this suggests what the Shield exclusive will be perhaps. A Galarian form of Escavalier.
I will be fine with that, since its not gen 1

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

A trade evolution that requires a shelmet? That seems unlikely and even then, it'd make more sense to have Galarian Escavalier and Galarian Accelgor over Galarian Escavalier and Sirfetch'd.

aa_623

"Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch'd and an Escavalier."

DID Someone say 'Galarian Escavalier exclusive for Shield"?
Escavelier is in the Japanese trailer reveal for SirFetch'd.

So this is taken from the English website

"The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch'd after experiencing many battles."

So Galarian farfetch'd exists. They just choose not to show it. Weird
I don't see how that's a 100% confirmation on Galarian farfetch'd. Until they officially confirm what farfetch'd evolves, we cannot make the assumption.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Gamefreak CONFUSES me. Why reveal Sirfetch'd and not its counterpart? This is like when they revealed the blue bird but not the fish that it shoots. Like it wouldn't kill them to reveal an extra pokemon.

Having said that, I am happy Farfetch'd got something. I am getting the Shield version though, so I am curious what its counterpart will be. Also, how is that little bird 257 pounds??? Even its weapons are just vegetables!

Lilligantastic

"Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch'd and an Escavalier."

DID Someone say 'Galarian Escavalier exclusive for Shield"?
Escavalier features in the Sirfetch'd Japanese trailer, so probably not unfortunately.

A Delibird or Luvdisc counterpart would make sense, as some have suggested. I could imagine Luvdisc evolving to have a shield-esque design.