• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters
Hopefully the games get datamined at least a week before they launch.

I sure hope not. I hated that both of the last 2 gens had every new species spoiled before the release. I want to be playing a Pokemon game and run into a Pokemon I had no idea existed, something that hasn't happened for me since Sapphire version.

DSDark

Breeder
Actually, nevermind. From a zoomed-in point, you can see it resembles normal Escavalier:

JBgeuh.png

Also the japanese trailer just shows escavalier

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I wonder if it says something like “Only Farfetch’d who have survived many battles can attain this form/evolution. When this Pokémon’s weapon withers(?), it will retire from combat.”
I just wanna say I’m really happy I guessed this XD

Also, I think since we didn’t get Sirfetch’d’s Shield counterpart, we might get it soon. Like closer to the end of the month, maybe? No real proof, just seems unlikely to me to reveal it next month given we’ll be getting a trailer (if the pattern hasn’t changed after this), so it makes more sense in my eyes to reveal it before September ends.

Orphalesion

So it's really just Sirfetch'd that was revealed. Well can't say I wasn't prepared for that, but I still don't like the idea that GF wants us to be excited about the reveal of a single Pokémon, could at least given us the Shield equivalent as well.
On Sirfetch'd itself I like it, but it looks more like a regional form than an evolution.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
...I don’t get why Sirfetch’d is exclusive to Sword. It’s carrying both a sword and a shield. I hope Sword doesn’t hog most of the Fighting types.
You're reading my mind. I'm hoping it doesn't either.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
Sword Exclusive: Bea + Sirfetch'd
Shield Exclusive: Allister + Ghost Type?

I'd love, as would most I believe, for Dunsparce to get some love, but if the Shield exclusive does turn out to be a Ghost type, I'm not sure I'd like it to be the evolution for Dunsparce unless it kept it's normal typing too as our first Normal/Ghost combination.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Sirfetch'd carries both a lance and a shield, but Farfetch'd uses a "sword". Think of it as Farfetch'd being Sword exclusive.

That makes sense. Now wondering what other Pokémon currently have some kind of shield in its design that could evolve into a Shield exclusive form. Escavalier doesn’t exactly seem to hold anything similar to a shield.

JohnLynch

Sirfetch'd looks dumb. Clear downgrade from Farfetch'd I dislike it.
Yeah, I’m excited for a farfetch’d evo, but it looks pretty bad,.

Dang it. Tired of exclusives, given that they're a pain to trade for.

Not a fan of its face, the rest of the design is ok though.
Its kinda one of the central concepts of the game so I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Sword Exclusive: Bea + Sirfetch'd
Shield Exclusive: Allister + Ghost Type?

I'd love, as would most I believe, for Dunsparce to get some love, but if the Shield exclusive does turn out to be a Ghost type, I'm not sure I'd like it to be the evolution for Dunsparce unless it kept it's normal typing too as our first Normal/Ghost combination.
Dunsparce evolution being Sirfetch'd counterpart would be just perfect! Dunsparce is probably the only pokémon that rivals Farfetch'd in terms of how much the fanbase demanded an evolution for.

Also, a Ghost vipery thing would probably look great

Wingulltrainer

So it's really just Sirfetch'd that was revealed. Well can't say I wasn't prepared for that, but I still don't like the idea that GF wants us to be excited about the reveal of a single Pokémon, could at least given us the Shield equivalent as well.
On Sirfetch'd itself I like it, but it looks more like a regional form than an evolution.
To be honest, after all the hype surrounding sirfetch’d, i’m A little disappointed in the reveal. I thought he’d look a little more elegant than this.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
Honestly, I’m a little bit disappointed that it’s only Sirfetch’d, but I had kinda expected it to be the only one revealed in the first place and I’m not too bothered because they revealed some information earlier this month already. I do like its design quite a bit, but unfortunately it’s in the other version of the game than the one I plan on purchasing. I am pleased that Farfetch’d is finally getting some good love after being a pretty notoriously bad Pokémon for a long time. The fact that it’s a version-exclusive Pokémon is interesting, and the fact that no counterpart to it is known at the moment is even more so. I wonder what it could be?