1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

5.6%
  2. Yep

10.6%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.8%
  1. DannyDark

DannyDark The Earthquake Maker

Regarding its design.. I really like the play on the 'Onion Knight' trope, as in a Knight from a lowly or less fortunate background and so it reflects Farfetch'd's time as a pretty terrible Pokemon stats-wise.

2. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

I think a Ghost or Ghost/Flying type Chatot evolution would make more sense. Sword has the fighting type gym leader.

wolf jani likes this.
  3. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

If the Sword exclusive is Sirfetch 'd then the Shield exclusive must be a single stage Pokemon that also gets a Galarian evolution. Maybe a Pokemon that becomes Ghost typing?

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

I hope bae uses sirfetch'd

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

Oh I know. It's just trying to find someone to trade with on the GTS that isn't asking for ubers or impossible trades is a bit of a pain.

wolf jani and Orphalesion like this.
  6. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

Could someone link me to the original JP Sirfetch’d reveal? I can only find LQ screen recordings of it

7. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

I could see them go completely left field and give something like Stantler a Galarian evo, as Stantler was hunted close to extinction and Farfetch'd nearly went extinct as well.

wolf jani, Orphalesion and Dragalge like this.
  8. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

Some more reckless Stats speculation:

Sirfetch'd:
    HP: 72
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 105
    Sp. Attack: 68
    Sp. Defense: 82
    Speed: 50
    Total: 497

Basically, a sturdier version of Farfetch'd. I also believe that Sirfetch'd would be a bit slower than Farfetch'd, considering its weight and playstyle.

clbgolden12 and wolf jani like this.
  9. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

And the fact that it wields a stalk of green onion as a weapon. I didn’t notice the onion knight reference at first, but now, I can appreciate the design a lot more.

LilligantLewis and wolf jani like this.
  10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Maybe something related to Caribbean folklore? There's a sizable population of people of Caribbean heritage living in the UK.

Ducolamia and wolf jani like this.
  11. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I love Farfetch'd is now promoted from an iconically unremarkable single evolution to an impressive pre-evolution, just like Sneasel and Murkrow.

You see many fans wanting to give it some love and now they can, even more so if we get pre-evo buffs like the Eviolite.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. I usually find that the easiest solution is to BE the person who isn't asking for an uber or impossible trade. If you're looking for a version exclusive from the other game, put a version exclusive from your game in GTS and ask for the thing you're looking for. Let them come to you.

SpiritSkye likes this.
  13. 2dtyplosion

2dtyplosion Well-Known Member

Sirfetchd is pretty cool. I'm surprised it's only in Sword (though I'm getting sword). I wonder what shield will be getting.

TheWanderingMist and wolf jani like this.
  14. JohnLynch

JohnLynch Well-Known Member

I flat out refuse to trade on GTS because of all the hacks/clones. There are reddit communities for legitimate trades. Despite being Australian (so having wonky times compared to Americans) I’m able to trade Pokémon without much issue

15. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I'll just breed my starter, a starter is worth any Pokemon from what I can tell.

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I actually really like Sirfetch'd, it's insane seeing a Farfetch'd evo after all these years and I love the comically oversized weapons. Glad it's a regular evo too and there's seemingly no new Farfetch'd form.

Disappointed that's all they revealed though, you'd think they'd at least show the Shield exclusive. They're being weirdly tight lipped about these games.

AgentKallus and wolf jani like this.
  17. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

I was expecting Farfetch'd to get a Galar form too.

So far Zigzagoon is the only full "Galar form" Line

wolf jani likes this.
  18. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Still can't believe they went with Sirfetch’d over the much more obvious choice: Galarfetch'd.

19. Still no starters evos

20. Autobot N

Autobot N Autobot

We usually don’t get those until October anyway.