• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

DannyDark

Days like today really drive home why they really focused on Football for SwSh, what a day.

If Scorbunny does evolve into a footballer-based Pokemon though.. I hope its shiny form is predominantly blue. I can see it evolving to incorporate more red into the design, and since red and blue, separately, are the two biggest colours in English football..

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Im ok with bug/flying. Vivillon was beautiful and splendid.
I liked the electric bug we had last gen, but needed to wait till the end game to evolve it which was a shame. I was stuck with a bus boring Pokemon for all the game

ShadowForce720

Im ok with bug/flying. Vivillon was beautiful and splendid.
I liked the electric bug we had last gen, but needed to wait till the end game to evolve it which was a shame. I was stuck with a bus boring Pokemon for all the game

To be fair they fixed that in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon where you only had to wait until you got to Blush Mountain on Ula Ula Island to evolve your Charjabug instead of having to wait until Poni Island and Sun and Moon.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
To be fair they fixed that in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon where you only had to wait until you got to Blush Mountain on Ula Ula Island to evolve your Charjabug instead of having to wait until Poni Island and Sun and Moon.
Oh really? I had no idea, Thats good to know

Dragon Pulse

I'm starting to become convinced that Wooloo is filling the spot of the regional "rodent" this time round. With Corviknight, I'm unsure if it'll be the regional bird, mostly the reason being how Flying is its primary type rather secondary, but that's not to say Game Freak isn't going to break that trend.

Kingudora

My favourite
I'm starting to become convinced that Wooloo is filling the spot of the regional "rodent" this time round. With Corviknight, I'm unsure if it'll be the regional bird, mostly the reason being how Flying is its primary type rather secondary, but that's not to say Game Freak isn't going to break that trend.
I still think Wooloo is more like Lillipup, and that the unrevealed chipmunk will be the regional rodent.

And all signs point to Corviknight being the final evolution of the regional bird. So yeah, it seems like this will be the first time one of them has Flying-type as its primary type. Maybe its pre-evo even being the first pure Flying regional bird, and second pure Flying pokémon since Tornadus.

Orphalesion

For a pure Flying Pokemon I'd like to see something that, according to it's pokedex entry, never touches the ground, maybe a bird that has a second pair of wings instead of legs.

What I'm curious about is whether Skwovet and Greedont are both part of an evolution line or whether they are like Throh and Sawk, two closely related, similar looking single stage Pokemon.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I still think Wooloo is more like Lillipup, and that the unrevealed chipmunk will be the regional rodent.

And all signs point to Corviknight being the final evolution of the regional bird. So yeah, it seems like this will be the first time one of them has Flying-type as its primary type. Maybe its pre-evo even being the first pure Flying regional bird, and second pure Flying pokémon since Tornadus.
The wording of the Affleck leak made it sound like the chipmunks would be Galar's version of Crabrawler, popping up to battle you when you're collecting berries from trees. If it is the Route 1 rodent (as I call them), I can see them doing with Skwovet and/or Greedunt and Zigzagoon what Sun and Moon did with Yungoos and Rattata, both available on the early routes but the one you find in the grass depends on the day/night cycle.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The wording of the Affleck leak made it sound like the chipmunks would be Galar's version of Crabrawler, popping up to battle you when you're collecting berries from trees. If it is the Route 1 rodent (as I call them), I can see them doing with Skwovet and/or Greedunt and Zigzagoon what Sun and Moon did with Yungoos and Rattata, both available on the early routes but the one you find in the grass depends on the day/night cycle.

I don't think we should talk about the leak here.

There may be users who are trying to avoid spoilers.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. Please keep all talk about that leak and other ones to the Rumor and Speculation thread. Thank you.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Though it’s unlikely, I would love if we could use a camera feature with our RotomPhones like the Sheikah Slate in BotW. Even if it was just limited to Camping, the Wild Area and maybe Routes, it would awesome.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Though it’s unlikely, I would love if we could use a camera feature with our RotomPhones like the Sheikah Slate in BotW. Even if it was just limited to Camping, the Wild Area and maybe Routes, it would awesome.
Rotom Phone already has a built-in camera lens on top left. Or even better, it may work as Hyrule Compendium to take a picture and directly save Pokémon data to the Dex without catching it as the Pokémon Website implies: "Any Pokémon that you find or catch during your adventure will have its information registered in the Pokédex."

kMV57v.png

Last edited:

JohnLynch

Ugh. Rotor is back. Really? Worst feature of USUM.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Given that basically every big game from the past like, four years has a Photo Mode, I think there’s a good chance Sword and Shield will have one as well. Could be one of the Rotom Phone features they haven’t talked about.

Ugh. Rotor is back. Really? Worst feature of USUM.
Speak for yourself, Rotom Powers and an easily accessible map were nice.

His talking did get annoying, though. But since there’s no bottom screen on Switch, I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem here.

Ultra Beast Lover

I liked Rotom Dex's map, the constant talking could get annoying like that only had to be a thing until we completed the first trial, I liked the Rotom powers but I got tired of the constant notification.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
His talking did get annoying, though. But since there’s no bottom screen on Switch, I don’t think that’s gonna be a problem here.
They could have it’s dialogue just pop up as a text bar on the bottom screen, though, but I agree it probably won’t be an issue (easier to ignore even if it did). Though personally I found Rotom funny and don’t recall being annoyed. Only thing that comes to mind thinking about it was the line “that dreamboat Ilima” and how much I laughed at the complete randomness of it.

Rotom Phone already has a built-in camera lens on top left. Or even better, it may work as Hyrule Compendium to take a picture and directly save Pokémon data to the Dex without catching it as the Pokémon Website implies: "Any Pokémon that you find or catch during your adventure will have its information registered in the Pokédex."

kMV57v.png
Thanks for this! Even though I know I’ve read everything on the website, I guess I forgot about that part. Time for a re-read lol.

JohnLynch

Speak for yourself
I do. That’s generally how people communicate. Feel free to prepend “It is my opinion that” if you really need to. Otherwise you can just realise I am speaking for myself.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The only bad thing about Rotom Powers was the gacha part. Otherwise, being able to store a lot of them without being on a time limit + unlocking them all from the start was an improvement over O-Powers. Hopefully the gacha, if it’s still in along with the powers, is more friendly this time around.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Oh btw, does anyone know the results of the Pokémon Secret Club survey regarding the Starter evos? I know it was leaning pretty heavily to revealing them, but there was still a few days left by then so I’d like to know what the final numbers were.