1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

4.3%
  2. Yep

13.0%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

82.6%
  1. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

Wasn't that survey just an unconfirmed rumour?

2. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Apologies, didn’t mean to cause any offense.

LilligantLewis and wolf jani like this.
  3. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

In this video RuffledRowlet shows the original page (translated and not) and expands the different surveys (@3:03) so I think it’s legit? But tbh it’s hard to know when you aren’t able to access the page :shrug:

wolf jani likes this.
  4. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

I see. I guess It's legit then. I just remember seeing some people calling it an unconfirmed rumor.

5. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Regional variants are my jam.

The map was my least favourite part of the Rotom dex it made the game feel even more linear (and Alola was already very linear), and the bottom screen was better used in all the other ds and 3ds games, especially in ORAS. But no bottom screen makes this a non-issue for swsh.

One the topic of one screen, it's a shame that the pause menu takes up the whole screen, it only needed to be a sidebar like it was in the gba games.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  6. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

The Rotom Dex isn't to blame for that, the map is actually a huge upgrade over previous Town Maps. That's an issue with the level design. If we had a map that detailed with say, Hoenn or Sinnoh, it would look a lot more impressive, and conversely, we already have Kalos which is equally linear and it doesn't look any less so with a simplified Town Map. The issue is squarely on how they're designing the areas, not the amount of detail on the Town Map.

7. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

The feature was nice. It just wouldn't shut the hell up.

Hopefully it's different this time.

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

It will now cover your screen while you're traversing through Galar! Bwahahahaha!

(I actually hope not because at least the Rotom Dex is actually easier to ignore compared to this hypothetical situation)

wolf jani likes this.
  9. DannyDark

DannyDark The Earthquake Maker

Agreed!
    They somehow, and for some reason, turned the Pokedex into another annoying companion.

10. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I really loved the XY Pokedex design

LilligantLewis likes this.
  11. Bolt the Cat

This too. The main reason people hate the Rotom Dex is because it's shoved in your face and doesn't shut up. There's nothing really wrong with the features.

12. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Regional variants are my jam.

I didn't mean the amount of detail I meant that it was 'always' open on the bottom screen with the little checkpoint flags

13. Bolt the Cat

That's useful too, it helps keep you from getting lost. And there really wasn't any other feature that would be worth having in the bottom screen, so it's fine. Again, you're misplacing your complaints. The issues are more with the game design and features, not the layout.

14. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, the final result is 78% to 22%. Since the reveal in social media, more people have voted to see the evolutions of the starters.

Though, part of me wonders if they meant full-line evolutions like they did with SM or specifically mid-evolutions.

15. janejane6178

Im not suprised... many people want to see news. Its time they open their eyes

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  16. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

When they only release one major news drop every month, people would obviously get frustrated. These results are to be expected.

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  17. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko 23 Days Until SwSh!!! :D

Aside from the inevitable datamine, there will most likely be little to no more news revealed before launch.

18. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

We still have news drops in October and November, as well as a livestream Game Freak is doing in October to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. janejane6178

Exactly

20. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's going to be a news report after every gym challenge with battle highlights and polls on who people think is going to win the Champion Challenge or ratber the favorite to win. I doubt all of them will be required to watch, if anything the rivals will mention it in passing, but I think broadcast 1 and 7, (8 if the final fight happens after the league), will be required viewing. Might look a bit like this.

pre 1st gym: Hop 50%, Bede 50%, Marnie 0%, pc 0%.

1st gym: Hop 45%, Bede 50%, Marnie 0%, pc 5%.

2nd gym: Hop 40%, Bede 45%, Marnie 5%, pc 10%.

3rd gym: Hop 35%, Bede 40%, Marnie 10%, pc 15%

4th gym: Hop 35%, Bede 35%, Marnie 15%, pc 15%

5th gym: Hop 30%, Bede 25%, Marnie: 20%, pc 25%

6th gym: Hop 33%, Bede 15%, Marnie 25%, pc 30%

7th gym: Hop 33%, Bede 1%, Marnie 33%, pc 33%

And the eight gym is the same, people think Bede can win he's just become an unfavorite amongst people