1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.0%
  2. Yep

11.2%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

82.8%
  1. DannyDark

DannyDark The Earthquake Maker

Zacian seems to have a lot of cool bodily features to compliment the sword.. hair thingies to hold it, wings that seemingly attach to the sword to make it bigger (I assume during signature attack).

anjunajake, clbgolden12 and wolf jani like this.
  2. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

There was a recent update to allow you to do more stuff with the regular button controls when making courses in Super Mario Maker 2, so clearly, the folks at Nintend are aware of that.

All this is not to say that touch screen usage is rare on the Switch (though it is for most 3rd party games whose gameplay doesn't revolve around the touch screen...and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for some reason), just that if a game is fully playable while docked, alternatives have to exist because you can't use the touch screen when the Switch is docked.

3. SueChef

SueChef Old dog, new tricks!

Not sure if Koffing has been officially seen at all, but if Pokemon Go will be introducing Galarian Weezing with no mention of Koffing, I presume it's safe to assume that it will appear in its traditional Kantonian form.

Ophie likes this.
  4. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

Including even the middle stage?

I don't play GO so bear with me here.. GO has already started introducing Galarian forms? before SwSh are even out?!

5. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko SWSH IS HEEEEERE!!!

The last full month before the games has been the most garbage-y and limited in terms of news, lol. (With the exception of course of those months we had no news, :p )

6. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

We can assume that it follows the lines for cubone to a-marowak and pikachu to a-raichu

Yeah the information that has been released the last two month has been bad. I've received information on 4 new pokemon in two months

PokeMon2.0 and janejane6178 like this.
  7. Beloberto

Beloberto Bug Catcher

I'm already avoiding Pokémon related boards to avoid leaks, just going to keep checking back on Wednesdays to see if something new appeared. Nothing this time, but I was already expecting that since the new schedule seems to be bi-weekly. If they keep it as it has been since mid-September, though, we should get some sort of teaser this Friday (like we got Sirfetch'd glitch and Ponyta's stream) followed by a proper reveal next Wednesday.

Time to decide if I will only stay away from leaks or also start avoiding official reveals by this point.

Ophie and mtqc like this.
  8. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

Glad NFS: Heat and The Sims 4: Discover University come out mid-November so, it'll be the perfect time for me to completely avoid leaks and distract my attention away from Pokémon.

Unfortunately, my physical copy of Double Pack arrives on November 20th.

Ophie likes this.
  9. Mewizard

Mewizard Well-Known Member

I'm actually doing the opposite and trying to catch leaks, Only the Dex though so I can plan a Team. After I see the full Dex of new pokemon I'll be avoiding anything else.

10. Nodame

Nodame Well-Known Member

My country will also sell it late, so it's going be a torture :(

Ophie likes this.
  11. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

I'm gonna peste- ASDFGHJKL ask one of my parents to take me to the nearest Gamestop to buy it as soon as I can on release like I always do tbh. If I can't do that I'm preordering. I did it for Moon and Ultra Moon and I'll do it for these games.

12. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Lost my profile picture when Ash beat Kukui

Nintendo knows how much we want new info so they are trolling us with 24 hour live streams that only reveal 1 pokemon

PokeMon2.0 and NeedsAName like this.
  13. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I'm getting my Japanese Double Pack from the Pokemon Center Online Store via proxy. Taking processing time into account, I'm thinking I'll get my copies about a week after release at best. Hopefully I'll be able to throw proper teams together in that time.

14. Emboar_Rulez

why not just pre order it?

15. Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Mega Ampharos the Dragon Electric type Enthusiast

Ya guys are talking about getting SwSh as soon as possible. The earliest I can possibly get it is Christmas and I also still need a Switch.

16. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Same, I still need to get a Switch (planning on Switch Lite) along with the game, which most likely won’t be until later in December. It just fits my schedule better and I’ll have more time to play during the holidays.

Ophie and LilligantLewis like this.
  17. Emboar_Rulez

I glad I planned ahead and got a switch in August.Just get a switch lite they're cheap

18. anjunajake

anjunajake you were the sun & moon to me

I'm planning on getting the game as early as I possibly can. I'm only going to pre-order it from somewhere that's doing a midnight release. Luckily, there's plenty of options in my city for that.

wolf jani likes this.
  19. SueChef

SueChef Old dog, new tricks!

Serebii posted today that they're getting ready to roll out Galarian forms of Zigzagoon/Linoone/Weezing. Obviously they won't be rolled out before the games are released but I thought it worth noting that it heavily implies regular Koffing will appear and the line will be more alike to A-Marowak etc

PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  20. Doomseed

Doomseed Lurks most of the time

I wanted to pre-order SW/SH. But because of saving as much money as possible while also selling as much stuff as possible, me and my GF decided not to pre-order the game untill we gather enough money to fix the bathroom in our house ( a total cost of 6000 euros). So it's gonna take a while before we buy SW/SH :-(

Unless our parents decided to buy us the game.

Ophie and LilligantLewis like this.