• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I have been trying to complete my let’s go team before sword and shield release but it looks like that won’t happen:(

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm just ready for these games to come out so people can relax a little. Once these games are out people will, hopefully, just enjoy what they're getting.

DaddyOak

I mean if you don't want to support the downgrades in sword & shield and still wanting to play the game,

just get the game 2nd hand even if you buy it for near full price at a used game store that way you don't support in gamefreaks profits while still playing the game.

that way your sending gamefreak a message. complaints arent going to help at this points only sales will influence this.

don't buy it or buy it 2nd hand if you don't like where the series is going.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I know I'll be playing Pokemon Sword until I get tired of it but I also would like to pick up something new... Do you guys think there's a chance of The Witcher 3 being on sale come the Holidays?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I know I'll be playing Pokemon Sword until I get tired of it but I also would like to pick up something new... Do you guys think there's a chance of The Witcher 3 being on sale come the Holidays?
The Switch version or the other console versions?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I wish the leaks threads weren’t taken down. I’m getting Pokémon Sword version.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
No clue because Switcher 3 is not made by Nintendo. Remember Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle? That was another title not made by Nintendo and even though it had Nintendo characters, it went on sale pretty early whereas the Nintendo games still had that 60 dollar price tag.

shoz999

I wish the leaks threads weren’t taken down. I’m getting Pokémon Sword version.
Honestly. I kind of wish the leaks never happened. The surprises that could put a smile on a kid's face are good, really good, especially in terms of surprising evolutions. It's also the kind of stuff that could remind older fans on the magic of evolution regardless of the gimmick.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Honestly. I kind of wish the leaks never happened. The surprises that could put a smile on a kid's face are good, really good, especially in terms of surprising evolutions. It's also the kind of stuff that could remind older fans on the magic of evolution regardless of the gimmick.

Who made Serebii take the leaks down.

Bus

Who made Serebii take the leaks down.
Serebii was sent a cease and desist letter by Nintendo

On another note, I think this might be the most nightmarish generation Pokemon has ever put out.

Cursola is a ghost evolution and the dead body of Corsola due to bleaching and just seeing it inside the cracked shell of its old body is haunting.

The Fossils this generation are a literal game of Frankenstein based on something some Brittish scientists did awhile back; only because this is a game, we get to actually utilize the chimeric abominations they created.

The 'evil' third Legend, Eternatus, looks like some kind of sentient anime Virus and is easily one of the most evil-looking designs they've ever created.

And to top it all off, I just saw the Gigantimax Gengar and that thing looks like a literal nightmare hellscape. These are all awesome designs, but I think they hint at some underlying trauma for Gamefreak lol.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Yes, the Switch version...
Ah, in which case, there’s a good chance it’ll go on sale. However, since the game came out pretty recently, I’m not sure if it’ll be too much cheaper.

Creyk

You didn't have to look at the leaks...? Like if someone wants to stay surprised they have the option

DannyDark

I thought the same leading up to the leaks.. and when wondering whether to look at them.. but I honestly think the nostalgia trip of thinking "I won't look at anything so it'll be just like when I first played," is better than the reality of doing so. It's a shame but circumstances just aren't the same as back then when I was younger.. more refined tastes, less free time and no parent's wallet and so purchases should be more informed, especially if a Switch purchase is needed as well. And the leaks were the best piece of advertising, honestly, during the entire release period.

shoz999

You didn't have to look at the leaks...? Like if someone wants to stay surprised they have the option
I know. At the time, didn't think much of it. Like other people here, my expectations were an average-size roster of Pokemon full of single Pokemon like previous generations and like those same people, I expressed surprise at what Sword & Shield was going for. Thus, I feel a little disappointed in myself for having Christmas a little too early.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I am glad I saw the leaked new ‘mons, because I’m not really keen on them, so getting the disappointment out of my system before I play the games will help me in the long run to enjoy them. It would have really negatively affected my opinion of this gen if I ended up disliking every new Pokémon I saw (those that weren’t from the official releases, which I’ve liked). Although some have started to grow on me now (finally), my point is that the enjoyment would’ve been lessened for me otherwise, so for sparing me of that I appreciate the leaks.

Last edited:

SwordDude

#Bringbacknationaldex is spammed every single day anytime anybody on the Pokemon twitter makes a post. Meanwhile ThankyouGameFreak is trending #1 in the US and #3 Worldwide. Yet we're the minority hmmm....

it either is true or gamefreak and nintendo paid for more positive advertising than it actually is.

the last one also happening with other stuff so neither options are really out of the question.

to be fair though I've seen some poketubers with the gamefreak thank you train. they probably got a personal message from gamefreak to do that. eitherway kinda wondering how sales will be and the overall reception of the game when people have played it. not to mention that quite some of those poketubers where on the dexit train but suddenly swapped sides

logcial since it's their source of income