1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

5.7%
  2. Yep

10.6%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.7%
  1. Arcanineblitz

Arcanineblitz Well-Known Member

Aww man I hope not I loved using slowbro with it

Sceptrigon likes this.
  2. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

It was on the thumbnail of a youtube video that I didn't watch. So it might've been just clickbait.

3. SwordDude

SwordDude Active Member

I wouldn't say that more people buy the tcg or any kind of pokemon merch that's usually the more hardcore group. there are far more people that buy the games however a game only costs 40 now 60$ for 1 or 2 years. maybe double the amount if people buy both versions.

here's the thing with the tcg 3 to 4 sets each year and cards going out of rotation people spending couple hundred for each set and completionists even spend more that's like couple hundred to 1K a year instead of 40 to 100$ when you buy 1 or 2 games both competitive or people who do not play as collectors only spend a ton on this tcg. many tcg's are kinda pricy thanks to needing new sets and so many sets being released each year. it doesn't end.

also for merchandice 40 to 100$ is nothing hardcore fans can spend a ton more on merchandice a year than just buying the game 1 time that is why merchandice and the tcg have such a large chunk of the pie not because more people buy them.

the anime is only a couple of % way less than the games. the games are more important than you might think at least in the past they where. pokemon go is more important to fill the role of what the mainline pokemon did to advertise the merchandice and tcg. withouth the advertisement of the games and anime merchandice sales would never be this high but the only reason why merchandice revenue is so much bigger is because people can spend more money on that even though the group of people that buy those is smaller.

4. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Oh noooo my poor Amoonguss lol. Hopefully that isn’t true.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

Ash's Froakie from the anime with its "Frobbles" or whatever they were called

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    wolf jani likes this.
  6. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Tangrowth - Hahaha! Was that a tickle!
    Gen 8 - Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Tangrowth - NANI!?

Sceptrigon and Ophie like this.
  7. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

I haven't heard anything about that! I really hope that isn't the case, especially with Eldegoss getting it.

Sceptrigon likes this.
  8. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

I don't know how they'd do the Wild area with that. But, im all for a return to Fire Red/Leaf Green Style.

Sceptrigon and Orphalesion like this.
  9. Kangaflora

Kangaflora Well-Known Member

No matter what positives have come out of the new games, going by the controversy it has risen during the past few months, it is safe to say there is no hiding the fact that Generation VIII has started off on an extremely sour note; and that Generation VIII will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

10. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Maybe I just have a thicker skin than some, but I'm still feeling pretty positive about this gen. It has most of the things I value about the pokemon games and a number of improvements, enough for me to overlook most of the flaws.

11. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

I am feeling quite good about this generation so far as well.

On another note, given all the ways we can now change Pokémon (stats / abilities / natures / etc.), is anyone else considering just shiny hunting in generation VI's friend safari (with its higher than average shiny rate), transferring them up through the later generations, and then changing them to make them competitively viable? I did that in generation VII with a Larvesta that is now a 6 IV EV trained Volcarona (with bottle caps) in generation VII.
    Speaking of which, I am still wondering how IVs changed with bottle caps in generation VII will be in generation VIII. I sure hope the changed IVs stay, but from what I know, we do not know if they will when transferred yet. (Right?)

12. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

I don't mind that, but I prefer the 3d models.

Inoshi and Ophie like this.
  13. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bottle Caps not only return but they ease up Hyper Training's toughest requirement, that only Lv. 100 Pokemon can be hyper-trained. They are making some pretty surprising yet accessible changes to competitive.

Ophie likes this.
  14. Sceptrigon

Yeah I think it’s still fine for them to stick to 3D models in general, but maybe they could make a game on the side that is geared more to the older style and towards older fans. Since they tried something a bit new with LGPE, they could try making something else new. Perhaps during a special occasion (30th anniversary?) they could release something like that as a way to celebrate the old.

Ophie likes this.
  15. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I think its really cool we moved to a home console with full 3ds.... so exciting to play Pokemon on TV!!!!

LilligantLewis, Ophie and Sceptrigon like this.
  16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

I'm not a particular fan of the sprites, it was more as an idea/compromise that would allow to include all the Pokemon into every game again and most likely give us larger generations again.

Ophie likes this.
  17. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye #ShieldGang

They had their 30 anniversary though

18. XaelOstigian

XaelOstigian Competitive...kinda

I am kinda amazed. We are a week away from the global release and there hasn't been a single leak. I'm kinda impressed that Gamefreak managed to keep a lid on all of this for this long. Guess those dataminers are gonna have to wait like the rest of us.

Ophie likes this.
  19. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Less than 5 days actually..

20. Sceptrigon

That would make sense along with that idea too, since including every Pokémon would also be something that can appeal to old fans who really want that back.

We’ve had the 10th and 20th anniversary. The 30th is going to be like 7 years from now.

Orphalesion and Ophie like this.