• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have to say that each game has flaws, but at the end of the day - all the games are memorable and fun in their own ways.... It's a new gen, on a new console.... Im upset because of Dexit too, but I will try to enjoy these games as much as I can and look at its positive sides, which are: playing on TV, nice music, better graphics, new characters and Pokemon etc..... Thats my opinion atleast
I think I owe it to my self, cuz Ive been waiting for these games for so long and the least I can do is try to enjoy it

Tyler Angel

@DSDark it was a leaker who played for like an hour I think and then it got taken down from what I understand.

@janejane6178 from what I heard they barely started (only reached the first Gym), so I don’t think there’ll be much spoilers, but yeah I’m with you on spoiler tags for any story info (Idk who for sure is the first Gym Leader and I’d rather be surprised, so).
Still up on youtube "centro leaks"

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang

loopoloopi

I'm concerned this backlash could end up ruining Gamefreak. I know it won't but having to refund money, this could be the main series' first big failure.

SwordDude

The only thing that would be bad is if the backlash goes to far as in physical abusing the devs or giving such harsh replies that the devs might break down

massive refunds and people going 2nd hand on the other hand are things that might improve the series for the best wich is great

if the game sells a massive amount it means theyve done well and maybe in the next gen they might remove 50% of moves and abilities dumb the whole system down who says pokemons are the only thing they might remove. if that's what we all want and only positive things are said withouth fair critique of how the game might improve that might happen in all honesty.

TsengHyena

It won't end Gamefreak but I really really hope they start to listen to at least a little criticism now.

If we have to have cut pokemon and a mysterious Pokemon Home, then at the very least use the extra time from that to give us a Toggleable Difficulty mode at the start of the game, so that the main story is actually somewhat competent since we're not getting any real postgame any more.

Its common knowledge that they listen more to their japanese fans than western fans. So hopefully they will listen now and give a proper 'hardcore' game for the traditional fans. Sword and Shield has taken too much from Lets Go Pikachu.

BCVM22

Generation VIII will be remembered for “negative reasons” until it launches at the end of this week, at which point no one will care what was revealed beforehand and at least fewer people will care what was omitted because they will actually be playing the damn game finally.

By the time Generation IX comes around in three to five years, people will have psyched themselves up to hate that too, because it’s replacing Generation VIII.

TsengHyena

Except we've already seen people playing a full hour of it and more, and even when skipping trainers and not grinding, can steamroll anything.

Having it in our hands doesn't change this.

Well she did
dyna
her himonlee with
max fight
move on a
rock type.

Even if she did, they reeeeally should have balanced around that possibility so that even doing so, the gym leader would have still been tough.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Except we've already seen people playing a full hour of it and more, and even when skipping trainers and not grinding, can steamroll anything.

Having it in our hands doesn't change this.

Even if she did, they reeeeally should have balanced around that possibility so that even doing so, the gym leader would have still been tough.

I mean, non of the early gyms in any game were really much of a challenge (with the exception i can think of right now being whitney). The games have never been difficult early on (and rarely were late on) unless the person playing purposefully gives themselves a disadvantage.

TsengHyena

I mean, non of the early gyms in any game were really much of a challenge (with a handfull exceptions). The games have never been difficult early on (and rarely were late on) unless the person playing purposefully gives themselves a disadvantage.

Thats the biggest catch. With EXP Share forced on, with no way too turn off, theres no real way to enforce difficulty on yourself, and the leaker has proven that even swapping out pokemon doesn't make it any harder given he beat the gym with two pokemon he never used in a battle.

The game MUST have toggle difficulty in the games from now on, if they won't make EXP Share a toggle, since it seems they havent balanced around it (trainers still have lower leveled pokemon)

Tyler Angel

Anywhoo, with spoiler tags, of course, what are everyones teams and alters looking like?

[SPOILERS: GALAR TEAMS]

Galvantula. <-> Golisopod
Toxicroak. <-> Toxtricity
Flapple. <-> Coalossal
Cursola. <-> Runerigas
Grimmsnar . <-> Bisharp
Noctowl. <-> Xatu

Last edited:

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Thats the biggest catch. With EXP Share forced on, with no way too turn off, theres no real way to enforce difficulty on yourself, and the leaker has proven that even swapping out pokemon doesn't make it any harder given he beat the gym with two pokemon he never used in a battle.

The game MUST have toggle difficulty in the games from now on, if they won't make EXP Share a toggle, since it seems they havent balanced around it (trainers still have lower leveled pokemon)

And that's one thing you're correct on, the exp share does take away one avenue of putting yourself at a disadvantage to increase difficulty. But if we're just talking about what the game offers, without taking into account players forcing things to try and make things difficfult, none of them have really been that. I can't think of one pokemon game i've played that was genuinely difficult without forcibly crippling myself. So when you take that into account, these games seem to follow the line pokemon set for itself in all their past games.

Difficulty setting would be SO nice, though.

Last edited:

Marzbar

I am kinda amazed. We are a week away from the global release and there hasn't been a single leak. I'm kinda impressed that Gamefreak managed to keep a lid on all of this for this long. Guess those dataminers are gonna have to wait like the rest of us.
What are you talking about? Almost everything about the games has been leaked....

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
And that's one thing you're correct on, the exp share does take away one avenue of putting yourself at a disadvantage to increase difficulty. But if we're just talking about what the game offers, without taking into account players forcing things to try and make things difficfult, none of them have really been that. I can't think of one pokemon game i've played that was genuinely difficult without forcibly crippling myself. So when you take that into account, these games seem to follow the line pokemon set for itself in all their past games.

Difficulty setting would be SO nice, though.

I would also like to see that though doesn’t seem very likely unfortunately

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I'm concerned this backlash could end up ruining Gamefreak. I know it won't but having to refund money, this could be the main series' first big failure.
I don’t know about you, but realizing that #ThankYouGameFreak not only flew to #1 in the US in a couple hours, other top spots around the world in a few hours, and yet #F***YouGamFreak was started yesterday and hasn’t even reached the lowest trending in the US or anywhere in the world as far as I’m aware, that was quite relieving for me.

People around the world came together in a matter of hours for a positive hashtag, but the one born purely of hate seems to be DOA. That lets me know where the vast majority stand, so I feel better about the future of the fandom now.

TsengHyena

I don’t know about you, but realizing that #ThankYouGameFreak not only flew to #1 in the US in a couple hours, other top spots around the world in a few hours, and yet #F***YouGamFreak was started yesterday and hasn’t even reached the lowest trending in the US or anywhere in the world as far as I’m aware, that was quite relieving for me.

People around the world came together in a matter of hours for a positive hashtag, but the one born purely of hate seems to be DOA. That lets me know where the vast majority stand, so I feel better about the future of the fandom now.

Probably because people are looking at the wrong place. Currently, its in Japan where the biggest backlash is taking places and they are afraid to be seen in public.