• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

greninjamaster

Ugh what trolls. I can't wait till Sword and Shield freaking destroy the sales expectations and shuts these people up for good.

Also I've seen complains about the games length time, it's literally the same as every other game in the series and for me I take my time playing Pokemon games, this will be no different.

Has a Pokemon game ever been long? You can rush through the entire game in 2 days. Who the heck wants to rush though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I stand with Serebii is trending. What happened?
Joe gets a lot of flack from toxic people who want to put their frustration on Sword and Shield on him, for some reason.
Sometimes, he will say something positive, or even just cover the games, and people will be hateful pricks.

Off topic do you think we’ll ever be able to carry seven Pokémon in new games?
No. I doubt they would change a stable like that unless they find a compelling reason to do so.

Phillies

I heard this text was used: "This move can’t be used. It’s recommended that this move is forgotten. Once forgotten, this move can’t be remembered." To me it feels different from Pokémon rotating in and out because why would they tell you to straight up delete it if it had any chance of coming back in the future?

I think that message is just telling you that you have to delete that move to use that Pokemon in a game. I would assume that the same Pokemon would be able to be stored in Home without the move being deleted. Unless of course the moves are deleted permanently going forward.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think that message is just telling you that you have to delete that move to use that Pokemon in a game. I would assume that the same Pokemon would be able to be stored in Home without the move being deleted. Unless of course the moves are deleted permanently going forward.
well it also says "once forgotten this move can't be remembered"......... sounds like permanent deletion to me

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I saw a glimpse of a spoiler on twitter where someone was showing a seemingly major part of the game while trying to discredit the higher quality animations.

Dammit! Why are people like this?

Was it the thing saying *those* Pokemon should be steel type coz they look robotic making fun of the transition? Ugh i hate how they Spoiled that scene too but
The transition was horrid. I've never agreed with the dexit people but rn I'm very disappointed with GF. GTS being stuck in a Pokemon home paywall, the background problems etc don't paint a good line. Ofc I'm not gonna judge it till the games come out but if it's all true then yes GF had been lazy and cutting corners and deserve criticism. Ofc I'm sure it will still be enjoyable as all Pokemon games but it sure would be disappointing if all of this is true. 2 more days folks, get hyped.
Also all the people harassing Joe are so idiotic lol, don't shoot the messenger guys

Phillies

A core aspect of the franchise is carrying up to six Pokemon and I never want them to change something like that.

Hopefully they didn't borrow from lets go and give you access to all of your Pokemon from wherever you are. That takes any difficulty away if all you have to do is go into your bag to get a new Pokemon whenever one faints.

Crimson_Blazer

Seeing the twitter stuff and the serebii trolling has made me make a post, and I never log into these forums anymore. Just lurk, but...

I’ve used serebii since I was like 14-15 (my first account was April 2006 I think) and I’m almost 30 now.... Joe runs this site with professionalism. I remember the DP days of seeing the blurred weavile and munchlax pics. If he’s getting C&D letters from Nintendo, there’s not much he can do. He can get royally F’d legally and get blacklisted by Nintendo; stop hating on him ppl :/

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just to note, have you guys seen this bomb a** hashtag trend on Twitter? https://twitter.com/search?q=#IStandWithSerebii

Everyone is showing their support for Joe and Serebii amidst the terrible hate and treats he's gotten for covering Sword & Shield on the website. Kudos to the users for showing their support!

mtqc

MY BEANS!
...the background problems etc don't paint a good line. ...
ugh THIIIS, this is the one thing that I'm actually upset about. It's a total nitpick in terms of what other people are upset with, but I don't care about Dexit or the movesets being culled. But dangit WHYYY do they have to use those white tiles and cloudy backdrop?! It's such a step back from Let's Go, which did all of the backgrounds with amazing visuals!

As for the hashtag, it's so nice to see people being kind to Joe, he deserves it :') are people just mad he took down the leaks, or is it because he actually thinks the games will be fun and he's going to buy them? I've seen the word "shill" on Twitter far too many times for my liking lately.

Bus

Can hardly contain my excitement for Shield when it releases Friday. I haven't really taken a 'me' day off work in long time, so I'm really contemplating it. There are some aspects of this gen that are off-putting, but for me at least, the positive is outweighing the benefit. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by some of the things that were cut, but hopefully a 'third' version of Gen 9 will improve upon their first foray onto Consoles with a mainline Pokemon.

I'd honestly love to see a new 'Pokemon Stadium' kind of game too.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Bus

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Hopefully they didn't borrow from lets go and give you access to all of your Pokemon from wherever you are. That takes any difficulty away if all you have to do is go into your bag to get a new Pokemon whenever one faints.
You can just......not use it.

Just to note, have you guys seen this bomb a** hashtag trend on Twitter? https://twitter.com/search?q=#IStandWithSerebii

Everyone is showing their support for Joe and Serebii amidst the terrible hate and treats he's gotten for covering Sword & Shield on the website. Kudos to the users for showing their support!
That’s great! Tbh I was hoping something like this would trend too.

ugh THIIIS, this is the one thing that I'm actually upset about. It's a total nitpick in terms of what other people are upset with, but I don't care about Dexit or the movesets being culled. But dangit WHYYY do they have to use those white tiles and cloudy backdrop?! It's such a step back from Let's Go, which did all of the backgrounds with amazing visuals!

As for the hashtag, it's so nice to see people being kind to Joe, he deserves it :') are people just mad he took down the leaks, or is it because he actually thinks the games will be fun and he's going to buy them? I've seen the word "shill" on Twitter far too many times for my liking lately.
I know this is gonna be an unpopular opinion but...I kinda like it. But that’s because it reminds me of the PMD games when you start and go through that dream-thing where you find out what Pokémon you will be.

I’m glad. This reminder was evidently much needed, so it’s good he saw it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Seeing how twitter is supporting Joe and serebii right now made me emotional lol. Also whoever's sending Joe the abuse and hate, **** off, we don't want you in this community, you are an embarrassment, not Joe!!!

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the white background was present in Let’s Go as well, namely in the Sliph Co. building.

Ultra Beast Lover

Anything on how good the actual story is? Haven't really been 'wowed' by a story since BW/B2W2, SuMo/USUM came close but it didn't quite reach the level of Gen 5