• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
ugh THIIIS, this is the one thing that I'm actually upset about. It's a total nitpick in terms of what other people are upset with, but I don't care about Dexit or the movesets being culled. But dangit WHYYY do they have to use those white tiles and cloudy backdrop?! It's such a step back from Let's Go, which did all of the backgrounds with amazing visuals!

As for the hashtag, it's so nice to see people being kind to Joe, he deserves it :') are people just mad he took down the leaks, or is it because he actually thinks the games will be fun and he's going to buy them? I've seen the word "shill" on Twitter far too many times for my liking lately.

The problem I'm talking about is how a generic grassy background would sometimes be used like when fishing which is a major downgrade. The GTS being locked, moves being deleted, Pokemon being removed, all of these gives me a right to be disappointed at GF. There's no post-game either. You guys are blind if you think this doesn't deserve criticism. That's all i can say

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Saw the launch trailer, listed as Galar Research Cap on the official Pokemon channel, which is basically a shorter version of the Japanese trailer and I'm just not feeling the music like the Japanese version. Needs that Gym Leader boss theme music to it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Anything on how good the actual story is? Haven't really been 'wowed' by a story since BW/B2W2, SuMo/USUM came close but it didn't quite reach the level of Gen 5
Not sure but that is definitely one spoiler I would like to keep myself in the dark about till I get the game.

Ultra Beast Lover

The problem I'm talking about is how a generic grassy background would sometimes be used like when fishing which is a major downgrade. The GTS being locked, moves being deleted, Pokemon being removed, all of these gives me a right to be disappointed at GF. There's no post-game either. You guys are blind if you think this doesn't deserve criticism. That's all i can say
We're not saying it doesn't deserve criticism, we're saying that people are going about it the wrong way. Which of these are you more likely to listen to? This:

"Hey, you lazy hack, I'll end you if you don't fix this!"

or

"Hey, I'm not happy about some of this stuff, can I ask you why you did this and if you'll fix it?"

And no, boycotting won't help in this case, at least not much. Not with how it's been done at least. If sales drop too much along with the negativity it might make them fix it, or it'll lead to a lot of people quitting and possible bankruptcy. Boycotts should generally only be done if something illegal happens regarding the company, like 4Kids.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Saw the launch trailer, listed as Galar Research Cap on the official Pokemon channel, which is basically a shorter version of the Japanese trailer and I'm just not feeling the music like the Japanese version. Needs that Gym Leader boss theme music to it.
I don't mind it, but I like the Japanese trailer a bit more.

WeepingHallows

Fishing or surfing for that matter has never been perfect though. I mean the background/ground below both pokemon would show water as if you're battling in the water even if you use a pokemon like Charmander that could seriously be hurt by water considering they die if their flame goes out. If we're going to get technical about this then shouldn't pokemon like that not be allowed to be used? I choose to view the fishing as you would in real life. When you go fishing you don't leave the fish in the water, you pull it out on land. It only makes sense that in pokemon you'd yank it onto land to battle it. It would give yourself the advantage(not that that matters in the games). I guess if you absolutely wanted the pokemon to stay in the water then a perfect fishing scenario would be ground below your pokemon and water below the enemy.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
ugh THIIIS, this is the one thing that I'm actually upset about. It's a total nitpick in terms of what other people are upset with, but I don't care about Dexit or the movesets being culled. But dangit WHYYY do they have to use those white tiles and cloudy backdrop?! It's such a step back from Let's Go, which did all of the backgrounds with amazing visuals!

True, it is sort of a let down, but I do keep note that Let's GO did begin its programming development shortly after Sword & Shield. This would likely explain why its background designs are ahead.

Game Freak could have switched gears, but it would have required halting the development process.

mtqc

MY BEANS!

And that's good that you politely voice your opposition and critique when you think GF is mis-stepping! Anything unrelated to the backgrounds is just not stuff I care about, so I don't critique it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

Yeah, first time seeing the Japanese trailer, that version of the gym leader battle music boosted my hype even more than I expected. I’m looking forward to hearing more of the music in the games.

TsengHyena

Why do we still not have a difficulty mode, and why is the game still garbage easy? I really hope the next game isn't as choppily made as this one.

What would you say is the most interesting aspect of remakes? I'm actually not sure what you're referring to here and genuinely curious

The most interesting aspect of the remakes is playing through an improved version of an old game, with all the new pokemon added to modernize the experience with new mechanics. Diamond and Pearl, being bad games until Platinum, are going to need this more than others.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do however still have hope these games could be good. All these negative aspects have come from someone else, i personally haven't played it so i won't judge. It's just if the stuff is true I'll be disappointed. But regardless it's a Pokemon game, I'll still love it like always but i do hope Game Freak listens to the criticism and rectifies it

TsengHyena

The negatives also came from the Datamine, which can't lie. At best, we can hope with Gen 9 we finally get the promised Hardcore fanbase game.

Orphalesion

I'm not gonna lie, I would have loved to play ORAS, but what killed it for me was the lack of trainer customization (particularly because I think that May and Brendan are both among the worst dressed PCs Pokemon has). Other than that I would have loved to play through 3D Hoenn with Fairy types and all that stuff.

The negatives also came from the Datamine, which can't lie. At best, we can hope with Gen 9 we finally get the promised Hardcore fanbase game.

Whether the things shown in the Datamine are "negative" to make SwSh bad games is subjective though. To me the Datamine showed nothing that would ruin my enjoyment of the games.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The most interesting aspect of the remakes is playing through an improved version of an old game, with all the new pokemon added to modernize the experience with new mechanics. Diamond and Pearl, being bad games until Platinum, are going to need this more than others.

well, I think DP remakes can still have many Gen V, Gen VI, and Gen VII Pokémon, as well as many new mechanics

TsengHyena

well, I think DP remakes can still have many Gen V, Gen VI, and Gen VII Pokémon, as well as many new mechanics

If it doesn't have the all the new monsters to experience it in a new way, then its utter garbage and the developers would be garbage.

Kangaflora

If they're going to do a Diamond and Pearl remake, then they will hopefully stay faithful to the original versions by keeping the National Dex in them. I think they should give players a reward for successfully completing the National Dex such as returning to certain regions or given all the Mythical Pokémon in their shiny forms.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
If it doesn't have the all the new monsters to experience it in a new way, then its utter garbage and the developers would be garbage.
k