• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I'm not gonna lie, I would have loved to play ORAS, but what killed it for me was the lack of trainer customization (particularly because I think that May and Brendan are both among the worst dressed PCs Pokemon has). Other than that I would have loved to play through 3D Hoenn with Fairy types and all that stuff.

Whether the things shown in the Datamine are "negative" to make SwSh bad games is subjective though. To me the Datamine showed nothing that would ruin my enjoyment of the games.
I had the same issue with ORAS, so it took me a loooooong time to be motivated to continue playing it after I started, and Sapphire used to be my favorite game so it was disappointing to me I couldn’t get into it. That said, I did eventually continue and complete it, and wow lemme tell you the flying mechanic you get later on???? AMAZING. Arceus above, I really hope it makes a comeback eventually! I seriously want to see what it looks like flying above the landscape like in ORAS with the new graphics we have on the Switch.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I had the same issue with ORAS, so it took me a loooooong time to be motivated to continue playing it after I started, and Sapphire used to be my favorite game so it was disappointing to me I couldn’t get into it. That said, I did eventually continue and complete it, and wow lemme tell you the flying mechanic you get later on???? AMAZING. Arceus above, I really hope it makes a comeback eventually! I seriously want to see what it looks like flying above the landscape like in ORAS with the new graphics we have on the Switch.
The flying mechanic was PEREFECT. Loved it.
Oras is like my fav Pokemon games.............. I loved the fact that we didnt have customization cuz I love Brendon and May designs and they are memorable just the way they are

Little Hero

Currently watching someone playing the game...not impressed. There's so many things I could say but most have been repeated nonstop so I'll just keep it to myself, except for this: I sincerely thought Game Freak would do more than the bare minimum; I might as well be playing the Sun and Moon games with a new coat of paint from what I'm seeing but, whatever. Will probably rent it down the line or buy it used. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe.

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice
I'm glad Kirlia made the cut! Kirlia is my absolute favorite Pokémon and am excited to see it in Pokémon camp! I hope Ralts can be encountered early in the game too! I am disappointed that all the Pokémon aren't in Sword & Shield, but I hope there will be some substantial features to mess around with! But I cannot see myself getting the 700-800+ hours like I did in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire... Which by the way, in my opinion, were the best games I have put 800 hours into! I hope that one day, maybe as the last Pokémon games, all (projected) 1000+ Pokémon (and all of their forms) will be obtainable in some medium with a HUGE National Pokédex to spend 10,000+ hours trying to fill! I hope there are some Pokémon that you have to transfer from older games in order to obtain!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I decided to watch some live gameplay of Sword & Shield, and oh my god are the NationalDexers are gonna be pissed. lol

Those bloody trees are EVERYWHERE. In the Wild Area, at least.

It's honestly a shame, really. Game Freak could have done some degree of texture retouching prior to launch. I'm hoping they do better in subsequent titles.

Tyler Angel

So I decided to watch some live gameplay of Sword & Shield, and oh my god are the NationalDexers are gonna be pissed. lol

Those bloody trees are EVERYWHERE. In the Wild Area, at least.

It's honestly a shame, really. Game Freak could have done some degree of texture retouching prior to launch. I'm hoping they do better in subsequent titles.
people-are-comparing-how-trees-look-like-in-pokemon-sword-and-shield-and-ocarina-of-time
pokemon-sword-shield-ocarina-of-time-tree-banner-jun162019-900x576.jpg
i have a quoted photo that i cant upload from mobile, it seems like it was intentional on their part. Theres an npc that says "these trees look like something out of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!" Maybe a reference to it being their first full 3d adventure on a console? Like ocarina i guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
pokemon-sword-shield-ocarina-of-time-tree-banner-jun162019-900x576.jpg
i have a quoted photo that i cant upload from mobile, it seems like it was intentional on their part. Theres an npc that says "these trees look like something out of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!" Maybe a reference to it being their first full 3d adventure on a console? Like ocarina i guess?

I’m relatively certain that the image you’re talking about was an edited screen cap attempting to make a joke about the poor texturing in Sw/Sh.

Tyler Angel

I’m relatively certain that the image you’re talking about was an edited screen cap attempting to make a joke about the poor texturing in Sw/Sh.
Oh, then im a dummy. This was my favorite part/reference of the game, still hyped regardless of the graphic issues

TsengHyena

Its the trees, its the move losses, the dex losses, the exploration losses, the difficulty losses, the GTS loss,....theres only so much barebones stuff left in.

It really feels like an X and Y with cut national dex and less content.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The trees are such a minimal problem. Your eyes will almost never be drawn to them.

What IS a problem when it comes to texturing in the game is that one sandy/rocky area where the textures for the hills/rocky bits are just... awful and gaudy. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is just not appealing to the eye at all.

I can tell you, that area will be one I'm going to try to get in + out of as fast as humanly possible.

Kantonian

How does gigantamax and dynamax works? Can every pokemon in the game dynamax? And can every pokemon with a gigantamax form gigantamax? For example, Machamp can gigamax; does it mean every Machop catched in the game will be able to gigamax when it is fully evolved?

TsengHyena

The trees are such a minimal problem. Your eyes will almost never be drawn to them.

What IS a problem when it comes to texturing in the game is that one sandy/rocky area where the textures for the hills/rocky bits are just... awful and gaudy. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is just not appealing to the eye at all.

I can tell you, that area will be one I'm going to try to get in + out of as fast as humanly possible.

Well yeah, cause the trees will have to pop-in first, with the ridiculously low draw distance.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
How does gigantamax and dynamax works? Can every pokemon in the game dynamax? And can every pokemon with a gigantamax form gigantamax? For example, Machamp can gigamax; does it mean every Machop catched in the game will be able to gigamax when it is fully evolved?
Every Pokemon can Dynamax thanks to the Dynamax band that you likely get early on in the game, but only specific pokemon can Gigantamax and it's rarer and raid-only. You can only get G-Maxable Pokemon through raids, so not every Pokemon of that species that has a G-Max form CAN G-Max.
Think of it like how Z-Moves worked in Alola. Every Pokemon can use Z-Moves, but only a select handful have their own exclusive ones made for them. Only the exclusives are rarer.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
Every Pokémon can Dynamax, Gigantamax Pokémon must be caught in Max Raid Battles, but they are “very rare.” Not every Machamp can Gigantamax, only Gigantamax ones can.

Ultra Beast Lover

You're all bringing up fair points, I'm sure the games will still be enjoyable but there are issues. Once the games are out we'll find all of the problems and kindly tell Gamefreak that we don't like certain things, maybe even try and get them more than a year to work on these games or maybe even more staff members. Besides, it's the first game on a new system, the first Pokemon games on a new system are always stinkers in some way be it slow walking speeds or a lackluster story, the next is usually much better.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If you're unhappy with what you've seen of the game the game, vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Or if you want to play it, then buy it used. Save your money for a game that you feel is worth it.

I don't really care about the graphics all that much, either, outside of some areas that I have seen from random GIFs and stuff. While not an excuse, let's be real. No one plays Pokemon for the graphics, because the games have never had stellar graphics to begin with. Plus, it's GameFreak's first foray into console gaming. I'd be surprised if there weren't any graphical hiccups.