• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Okay, what is this #gamefreaklied hashtag i'm seeing on Twitter now?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Okay, what is this #gamefreaklied hashtag i'm seeing on Twitter now?
Likely just more hate from the looks of it. The fact it's on the trending list rn is concerning. We already had Twitter with a trending positive hashtag to lift GF out of their moral slump, why attempt to bring that down again? All I'm seeing is just more entitlement and lack of empathy for the sake of being petty over god damn pixels.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Oh, that's old news.

Granted, not the reason they should have given for the dex cut, but old news regardless.

Marzbar

Well it’s not old news. Dataminers have only just confirmed that the models are exact 1:1 matches from the old 3DS games. Not new models at all like they said.

greninjamaster

Oh yeah, the game is 100% going to get review bombed.

Like, I'd be shocked if it had more than like a 3/10 on the audience scores of Metacritic.

Granted, it's also the only Nintendo franchise that has an ongoing anime, manga, TCG, and movie coming out every year, and the games have to synch with all of that.

However, that should not be a reason to have a new game every single year.

LOL it can get review bombed but it's not gonna stop the game from selling incredibly well. Just look at PLG.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Likely just more hate from the looks of it. The fact it's on the trending list rn is concerning. We already had Twitter with a trending positive hashtag to lift GF out of their moral slump, why attempt to bring that down again? All I'm seeing is just more entitlement and lack of empathy for the sake of being petty over god damn pixels.

This is not the only case I've seen of people supporting those getting a lot of hate poured on them getting countered themselves by people who just want to pour more hate. Not by a long shot.

It always got me wondering why they're doing it and what they hope to accomplish from it. In this case, I feel like a lot of those people are angry fans lashing out until they've fully vented their frustration. Problem is that fans, by nature, are very invested into something, and that sort of anger doesn't subside easily. That is, it's not really about trying to bring Game Freak down; it's about them needing a target to vent at. (They've picked the wrong target.)

Ever had to take care of a child who's throwing a tantrum or is crying, absolutely nothing is working, and if you ask the child what they want, they say, "I don't know" or demand unreasonable things? It's a lot like that.

If there is a silver lining to it, if the people Game Freak has to answer to has any kind of heart, they'll give Game Freak more slack in the future to make the games closer to how they'd like it to be. (Of course, it's also quite possible that they won't care, seeing only the profits gained from it.)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This is not the only case I've seen of people supporting those getting a lot of hate poured on them getting countered themselves by people who just want to pour more hate. Not by a long shot.

It always got me wondering why they're doing it and what they hope to accomplish from it. In this case, I feel like a lot of those people are angry fans lashing out until they've fully vented their frustration. Problem is that fans, by nature, are very invested into something, and that sort of anger doesn't subside easily. That is, it's not really about trying to bring Game Freak down; it's about them needing a target to vent at. (They've picked the wrong target.)

If there is a silver lining to it, if the people Game Freak has to answer to has any kind of heart, they'll give Game Freak more slack in the future to make the games closer to how they'd like it to be. (Of course, it's also quite possible that they won't care, seeing only the profits gained from it.)
You kind of answered your own question. They're doing it because they want people to not buy the games thinking that if the games flop, then either GameFreak will be punished or Nintendo will step in and take over Pokemon themselves.

There are a lot of people who feel GameFreak should not be making Pokemon games anymore. But uh... that's a topic that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lets stop with the insulting of other members and fans and get back to discussion. Thank you.

If any of you continue, infractions will be handed out.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
My opinion on SwSh now when I saw most of the content:
I believe many of us treated Let's go Pikachu and Eevee as a preview what to expect from a Switch Pokemon game: proper Pokemon scaling, normal battle backgrounds etc.
The concept of SwSh was also extremely promising with the focus on Pokemon League and Gyms.
I think new Pokemon were executed well. I liked gen V and disliked most of Gen VI and VII mons so I might have a strange taste here. It's good we got so few single-staged Pokemon.
The characters were promising. The execution not so much. We got hyped by Minor and Major league just not to get it.
I like the amount of battles as it seems there's quite a ton of those.
And Dexit. I usually just use the new mons so not that attached to the old mons. What I hate, though is the fact that we got lied about new models while we got the same old models with no proper scaling...
All in all, I was expecting a more advance Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee but ended with a bit advanced Ultra Sun/Moon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Can someone explain the Hi-tech airbuds?
They sound like a way to turn down volume /adjust it, going from what's come out so far.

I didn't believe GF on that one to be honest. But it does seem like a lot of trade evolution Pokemon were cut.

GalenIYIarek

Anyone have any ideas on how to catch a 5 star max raid Butterfree? Team Comp wise? I feel like a Physically offensive/Specially Defensive Dynamax Tank with Rock type moves would be great. And if Dynamax Rock moves setup Sandstorm maybe some other Pokémon with Sand Veil could help out? Another option is Grassy Terrain support. Passive support to all 4 members while excluding Butterfree. Light Screen may be necessary. I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts? Ideas?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My opinion on SwSh now when I saw most of the content:
I believe many of us treated Let's go Pikachu and Eevee as a preview what to expect from a Switch Pokemon game: proper Pokemon scaling, normal battle backgrounds etc.
The concept of SwSh was also extremely promising with the focus on Pokemon League and Gyms.
I think new Pokemon were executed well. I liked gen V and disliked most of Gen VI and VII mons so I might have a strange taste here. It's good we got so few single-staged Pokemon.
The characters were promising. The execution not so much. We got hyped by Minor and Major league just not to get it.
I like the amount of battles as it seems there's quite a ton of those.
And Dexit. I usually just use the new mons so not that attached to the old mons. What I hate, though is the fact that we got lied about new models while we got the same old models with no proper scaling...
All in all, I was expecting a more advance Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee but ended with a bit advanced Ultra Sun/Moon.
I'm wondering, didn't the 1st tier team work on Lets Go? Correct me if I'm wrong. Might explain some of the issues with Sword and Shield.