• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ultra Beast Lover

Is Dreepy any good, I've decided to have five Pokemon but I can't decide between Dreepy and Toxel.

Orphalesion

Do we know yet what causes the different colours/flavours of Alcremie? I know the decorations are based on the sweet item you give them, but what about the colour of the cream itself?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Is Dreepy any good, I've decided to have five Pokemon but I can't decide between Dreepy and Toxel.
If you're willing to have a Dreepy until levels 50 and 60-something then go for it. But it's basically the Hydreigon of the generation regarding its evolution level pattern. x.x

I recommend Toxel so that you're not stuck with a first form of a 'mon for all of story mode.

sketchersmeargle

I'm a bit disappointed that they got lazy with the badge names this generation, as they seem to be named directly after the gyms' type preferences. Minor quibble amongst the major ones.

Makes sense if the leaders are switched out in major and minor leagues every year or so. With how other gyms work, it always felt more personal with badge titles. Here when the typings themselves are switched out regularly, having the badges be the type names, just makes it more simple to keep track of in the challenge standings.

Ultra Beast Lover

If you're willing to have a Dreepy until levels 50 and 60-something then go for it. But it's basically the Hydreigon of the generation regarding its evolution level pattern. x.x

I recommend Toxel so that you're not stuck with a first form of a 'mon for all of story mode.
Thanks, I saw some gameplay with Toxel being very powerful so it should be a good choice

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Just wanted to say, at Allister's gym and holy **** the gym puzzle is atrocious. Might be the worst gym puzzle out of any game (at par with Lt Surge's).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just wanted to say, at Allister's gym and holy **** the gym puzzle is atrocious. Might be the worst gym puzzle out of any game (at par with Lt Surge's).
I'm guessing if your using Surge's gym as a comparison, it's some annoying randomization factor?

Bus

Just started playing and all I spoiled myself on was Pokemon. Not where I could find them, what they could learn or their abilities; just the designs. That being said, is it normal that a level 7 Rookidee just used Sky Attack on my Scorbunny?? Isn't that like the last move flying types learn due to its bp?

EDIT: Ok and it has Power Trip! Can some pokemon just have ridiculously decked out movesets at random?!

sketchersmeargle

Just started playing and all I spoiled myself on was Pokemon. Not where I could find them, what they could learn or their abilities; just the designs. That being said, is it normal that a level 7 Rookidee just used Sky Attack on my Scorbunny?? Isn't that like the last move flying types learn due to its bp?

EDIT: Ok and it has Power Trip! Can some pokemon just have ridiculously decked out movesets at random?!

So you found one that has an egg move (sky attack). Power Trip it learns at lvl 4. Also welcome to gen 8 movesets, they are insane.

Bus

So you found one that has an egg move (sky attack). Power Trip it learns at lvl 4. Also welcome to gen 8 movesets, they are insane.
So they can just have an egg move at random?! Holy crap!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I just want to confirm with other people about the Joy-Con colors on your room's Switch matching the ones registered to your Switch at the moment. Mine looks like this, with the hot pink left Joy-Con and the forest green right Joy-Con (the Splatoon 2 set):

qimPw7l.png

Has anyone else here checked the in-game Switch and whether it looks different from mine? If you use a Switch Lite, is there a Switch Lite there instead?

(I also find it amusing there is a butterfly-style yo-yo next to the Pikachu plush, which doesn't get mentioned or even acknowledged by anybody.)

Agreed, like that game breaking Lumiose City one in X and Y.

There was also recently a similar save glitch that corrupted the entire SD card for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate shortly after Piranha Plant was made available as DLC. As much of a danger this glitch can be, even the best of them could accidentally let one slip by.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
(I also find it amusing there is a butterfly-style yo-yo next to the Pikachu plush, which doesn't get mentioned or even acknowledged by anybody.)

Out of curiosity, which version and which gender are you playing? I'm playing Sword as the girl and I had an Eevee plush.

Bus

I just want to confirm with other people about the Joy-Con colors on your room's Switch matching the ones registered to your Switch at the moment. Mine looks like this, with the hot pink left Joy-Con and the forest green right Joy-Con (the Splatoon 2 set):

qimPw7l.png

Has anyone else here checked the in-game Switch and whether it looks different from mine? If you use a Switch Lite, is there a Switch Lite there instead?

There was also recently a similar save glitch that corrupted the entire SD card for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate shortly after Piranha Plant was made available as DLC. As much of a danger this glitch can be, even the best of them could accidentally let one slip by.
Unless I didnt notice, mine was pure black. I'm not too far from home (started like 20 min ago) so I can double back and check.

EDIT: Yep; pure black joy cons. I don't actually own anything other than the base, pure black joycons. Either its a coincidence or its just registering the last joycons that were docked to my Switch.