1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

5.7%
  2. Yep

10.6%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.7%
  1. sketchersmeargle

sketchersmeargle Well-Known Member

Think its just a norm thing now.

As for shiny hunting, datamining found that to increase shiny chances you literally just have to keep encountering the same pokemon in a row. It was like 500 encoutners increases a shiny to 15% encounter rate.

Ophie likes this.
  2. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

The little in-game Switches default to two gray joycons if you’re playing on a Switch Lite.

Ophie likes this.
  3. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

Good to know. I dont plan on shiny hunting anything just yet, but its nice to know of the method.

Ophie likes this.
  4. Marzbar

Marzbar Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed the game so far, despite all the negative things I’ve said about it this year. I’ve played 6 hours and only on route 3 and yet to reach the first gym leader hahaha. I’ve spent most of my time exploring the Wild Area, catching random stuff, doing Dynamax battles, designing my outfit and perfecting my trainer card!

My current team:

Trevelyan (Drizzile) level 22 (007 Goldeneye tribute)
    Starship (Dottler) level 23 (alien bug Starship Troopers tribute)
    Shade (G-Linoone) level 20 (black and white are shades)
    Death Petal (Roselia) level 23

I realize I’m over-leveled. It’s hard not to be. Even the bloody curry gives you Exp. The game is fun and looks pretty. I like all the TMs and TRs. Glowing powerful Pokémon are cool. Still not happy about Dexit, move cuts, subpar graphics in the Wild Area, the easiness of the game so far, and the lack of buffs for older pokemon. Also, shiny Pokémon should be shiny in the overworld. But the game is still an enjoyable experience so far.

5. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I didnt notice it before, but I guess those with an egg move have an aura around them in the wild. I just saw a Nickit and after battling it, got some W (whatever that is) which happened after that Rookidee from early too.

Ophie likes this.
  6. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master

Sigh my copy hasn't arrived in the mail yet so now I am sad.:(

wolf jani likes this.
  7. sketchersmeargle

Watts is a currency earned in the wild area, you can use it to buy specific items

Ophie likes this.
  8. Marzbar

Marzbar Well-Known Member

Anyone else being overconfident and trying to take down level 40 Pokémon that are walking around in the Wild Area, just for the challenge? :p

Emboar_Rulez likes this.
  9. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I will when I get there lol

10. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

Is it true you have to turn off auto save right away or it can wipe your sd card??

11. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Yeah there's a bug happening. I heard it's happening to exFAT SD cards but best to not take any risks and stick to keeping autosave off for now.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  12. sketchersmeargle

Seems its happening to mostly hacked consoles and downloaded virtual copies of the games. But there are reports as well that the game crashes when you turn it off and then crashes all other games as well.

However people with physical copies have reported the game has bricked their systems.

But much less then the above. Its russian roulette, though physical seems to be safer.

13. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I don't even use an SD card, so I'm fine, right?

14. Emboar_Rulez

You should be fine

15. yefluke

yefluke Dizzy Trainer

How does the league looks like after post game?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  16. Emboar_Rulez

Whos in the elite four?

17. 26mick10

26mick10 Shiny hunter

Hey i was wondering if anyone had a jpn or any other foreign dittos for trade pm if you do

18. Sham

Sham show the unknown

I don’t like Leon as a character but I’m actually surprised they’ve haven’t gone with an egotistic champion since most of them have been humble pretty much.

19. SonDaan

SonDaan Vive Le Vélo

Can anyone hook me up with all three starters to do my run?

20. wolf jani

wolf jani #ScorbunnySquad

Same here. It does suck

Orphalesion likes this.