• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Just one thing I find disappointing about Generation VIII so far: No Mythical Pokémon.

Well there's a few that'd be transferable when home exists.

As for new ones, didn't dataminers find 2 spaces, for new mythicals, though lacking the actual data ( presumably to be added in an update)

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Of to face Kabu now. Whish me luck.
Current team:
Jet-Barraskewda-lv26
Gimli-lv26
Owl-lv27
Nami-lv29
Erza-lv27
Freed-Kirlia-lv21.

xayshade

Yep, catchable. Though you face it in a 2 v 1 with a gym trainer fighting with you.

Edit: Won against Kabu, but not before losing jet to his centiskorch.
We will miss you jet. Also thanks for this note because ive been trying to catch this sizzlipede for like 15 min

XaelOstigian

Competitive...kinda
I just realized that Toxic is no longer teachable...
WTF?! I can overlook the Dex limitations, I can overlook the removal of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, I can look past removing Return and Frustration, but the removal of a move that has become INTEGERAL to defensive Pokemon since gen 1? Not a chance.

I consider myself fortunate for having every competitive Toxic user in the new dex prepped and ready for transfer, but this is a serious blow to the competitive metagame without a means for defensive Pokemon to deal damage consistently, especially considering how many new Pokemon are clearly built for stall builds. I realize Pokemon like Shuckle and Mandibuzz now have this move in their learned skillset, but it still hardly compensates. Seems counterintuitive they introduce a Rapidash that can block and instantly heal poison while at the same time removing the primary method of poisoning from every Pokemon's moveset.

We wanted to remove Toxic from the fan base Gamefreak. Not from the game itself!
5370d03dc954d49bd0f9e32658f1c788.jpg

Ultra Beast Lover

WTF?! I can overlook the Dex limitations, I can overlook the removal of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, I can look past the venomous fan base the game is generating, but the removal of a move that has become INTEGERAL to defensive Pokemon since gen 1? Not a chance.

I consider myself fortunate for having every competitive Toxic user in the new dex prepped and ready for transfer, but this is a serious blow to the competitive metagame without a means for defensive Pokemon to deal damage consistently, especially considering how many new Pokemon are clearly built for stall builds. I realize Pokemon like Shuckle and Mandibuzz now have this move in their learned skillset, but it still hardly compensates. Seems counterintuitive they introduce a Rapidash that can block and instantly heal poison while at the same time removing the primary method of poisoning from every Pokemon's moveset.

We wanted to remove Toxic from the fan base Gamefreak. Not from the game itself!
5370d03dc954d49bd0f9e32658f1c788.jpg
What? Toxic is teachable, it's just that not everyone can learn it.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I got Timid Sobble on the first time. lol

I have Sobble, Rookidee, and Yamper in the team. Other Pokemon I caught are in the PC box.
Just got G-Max Pikachu from NPC and I'm taking a short break just before the Wild Area.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I got Timid Sobble in the first time. lol

I have Sobble, Rookidee, and Yamper in the team. Other Pokemon I caught are in the PC box.
Just got G-Max Pikachu from NPC and I'm taking a short break just before the Wild Area.
How do you get G-max Eevee/Pikachu?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Toxic being universal is more of a game balancing thing than something has to make sense in universe. It should've stayed that way

ebevan91

I got Timid Sobble in the first time. lol

I got a modest Sobble on the first try. It was nice.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Kabu's gym literally has a wild one for it's challenge.

Even if you're playing Shield? I haven't reached there yet.

How do you get G-max Eevee/Pikachu?

There are a couple of NPCs at one of the train stations (I think the Wild Area Station), a pair of children. One talks about a Pikachu, and the other talks about an Eevee. You should be able to receive the Pokémon from them.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
WTF?! I can overlook the Dex limitations, I can overlook the removal of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, I can look past removing Return and Frustration, but the removal of a move that has become INTEGERAL to defensive Pokemon since gen 1? Not a chance.

Pokémon in the Galar Dex that have learnt Toxic can still be transferred over though the new Pokémon and Galarian forms that do not have it in their level-up/Egg movepool are out of luck. Formats that restrict you to Pokémon obtained within Galar itself will restrict Toxic usage to the Pokémon that get it by level-up or breeding however.