• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of War
Is Eevee's catch rate .001 cause I've been getting chased by like 4 Electrike's trying to find one on route 4.
It’s encounter rate varies depending on the game but I believe Pikachu is easier in Sword and vice versa Shield

DannyDark

Yeah I had a Yamask on my team, googled how it evolved, immediately in the box. It'll come out again when I can be bothered.

On the topic of team moving around and stuff.. Constant EXP share has been a bigger issue than I thought, there's really some Pokemon on my team that I just don't use, so really not feeling all that close with regards to my team. Hell, I boxed my starter for this reason. There's a lot of easy EXP I'd take out or save until post-game really..

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I swear, without knowing exactly which den is which and where those specific ones are, it's impossible to find a G-Max raid. x.x

It doesn't help that I can't find anything on them in Y-Comm, neither local nor online. Do they unlock after a badge threshold or something? Am I missing something here???

DannyDark

I swear, without knowing exactly which den is which and where those specific ones are, it's impossible to find a G-Max raid. x.x

It doesn't help that I can't find anything on them in Y-Comm, neither local nor online. Do they unlock after a badge threshold or something? Am I missing something here???

I've found 3 so far, 1 Butterfree and 2 Corviknight.. only managed to catch 1, a Corviknight, out of the 3..

Honeslty I just went round clearing the raids. After you've cleared all the ones in the wild area, they come back with different things.

Fought my first one, the Butterfree, with 1 badge I think? Currently have 3 badges.

Kataphrut

They really didn't balance this game properly for Exp Share- it's very hard not to be way ahead of everyone on the story path. It's also a mixed blessing that they encourage you to spend a lot of time in the wild area early on to grind and build up a diverse team, but then you just steamroll everything once you leave it.

Hop is the worst. All the other "friendly rivals" at least have some hook, like how Wally becomes cool late in the game, or how Cheren and Serena start having doubts, but he is way too confident for someone using under-levelled com mons and a starter with a type disadvantage. And he doesn't leave you alone either- everywhere I go it's "come on mate, keep up!" Errrgh.

Visually the game's fine, and I love the variety of Pokemon.

Sponge

So I heard there's an unusual method for evolving Yamask by walking under some arch in the wild area...

However my Yamask was at full health when it started evolving? I was exploring the wild area and didn't realize I was walking under the arch....then when I checked Yamask afterwards it was at full health.

It was level 23 so I cancelled the evolution (I didn't want a fully evolved Pokemon this early) I wonder if I'll end up regretting that but I wanted to keep Yamask around a bit more. (plus it's already strong atm)

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm glad the adults actually do something in the story, that alone is a plus. Sure they don't all do something but Pierre and Sonia are the best part of the story imo. Also, I find a certain other sequence hilarious, it's before the Eternatus fight. The whole sequence is awesome, especially for Pierre, but just think about why the entire thing is even happening XD idk something about the thing is funny.

landipan

I'm starting to enjoy camping more, even though I'm disappointed that it's not like Ami/Refresh with it's lack of petting and hand feeding your Pokemon, it's also so irritating that it's just one more thing that adds Exp. It's like...GF, let me decide when to give my mon's exp and leveling up! I also find I'm trying to be real careful in avoiding wild battles in an attempt to keep my team from getting overleveled.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Beat the game and I find a G-Max raid in just about every batch of raids that spawn now.

So the frequency is definitely tied to game completion. Only found maybe one G-Max Butterfree, Corviknight, and a Centiskorch before the league, and now I'm finding G-Max raids much more commonly.

DannyDark

And the catch level limit is also rather frustrating at times.. For example, per my badges I can only catch Pokemon up to level 35 (My team is four 37s and a 36) and just went into Glimwood tangle.. the Pokemon there seem to spawn at levels from like 34-38? So literally it all depended on whether they had that 1 or 2 more on whether I could catch them or not. Just bizarre, in one location having the level limit so that you can only catch some of certain things you find as though it's a palpable difference.

I am beginning to believe that Impidimp is a myth.

Glimwood Tangle, I ran into both Impidimp and its first evolution. Though have also seen it in the wild area, though not often.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what GameFreak should do as part of a free update? Fix the framerate for the Wild Area and implement Bicycle Racing contests as a fun minigame.

raichu27

I think they just went with pokémon that already had access to Dig before and didn't bother thinking up for the others. Dig wasn't a TM or tutor in Alola, so it was quite scarce. Also, Lycanroc and Yungoos aren't in Sword and Shield.
I hope they fix it in the next Gen 8 games. I also remember when Charizard couldn't learn fly in Red and Blue games, but was able to learn it in the Yellow version. Dragonite also couldn't learn Fly, until the Gold and Silver games.