1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.8%
  2. Yep

9.9%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.2%
  1. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

Just notice this but it appears Perrserker shapes his claws into knives? It looks like he is literally wielding knives.

Ophie and FlygontheRavager like this.
  2. epicdragon

epicdragon Good times

Do you need to pay for switch online to fight along others in max raid battles? Because I don’t ever find anyone..

3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Yes you do, but you can fight in max raid battles alongside NPC's as well.

Ophie and epicdragon like this.
  4. Fairy Queen

Fairy Queen Lover of the Fairy type

Okay, is there a trick to help find Corsola easier? I have been wandering around the Giant's Mirror for over two hours now in overcast and I have not seen one.

Ophie likes this.
  5. coyotex

coyotex #1 Sabrina Fan

A level 1....There's someone out there breeding wingulls to trade on the suprise trade. Salt of the Earth people.

Ophie likes this.
  6. shoz999

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. OH NO! I think I just found Sword & Shield's ghost story, oh my god that is tragic.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  7. DecShep

DecShep Active Member

Yeah, in the delivery one? That was so sad. ;(

shoz999 likes this.
  8. shoz999

Don't spoil it man. Don't spoil it. I was not expecting that. I was not expecting that at all. Leave it as a spooky surprise.

9. DecShep

DecShep Active Member

I know, thats why I was careful with how I said it :p

shoz999 likes this.
  10. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Is the ghost girl from x and y in this game? Or Looker?

11. shoz999

Okay so am I imagining things or has the Gym Leader's final Pokemon music from Gen 5 returned? So when you battle a Gym Leader it plays throughout much of the same theme music but when I get to the last Pokemon, I hear a lot of chanting and a change in the Gym Leader music's tone a bit. Am I imagining things or has Gen 5's Victory Music returned in a way?

12. Deutschdachs

Deutschdachs Member

So what level should you be to do Gigantamax raids? Or at what level/area do they start showing up? I've only seen Dynamax raids so far

13. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Fun fact:
    It we take Galar Gym Leaders (with Bea and Melony respectivly) and combine them with USUM Alola Elite Four we have no repeating types.

Ophie likes this.
  14. yslupdates

yslupdates New Member

Is it too early to discuss competitive meta for Sword and Shield?

15. shoz999

OKAY I AM NOT IMAGINING THINGS! I'm battling the 6th Gym Leader and it happened again! When you get to the last Pokemon of the Gym Leader, the music changes its tone and adds chanting. The Gen 5 Victory music has returned. Not the actual music from Gen 5, brand new music that appears when you get to the Gym Leader's last Pokemon. Yes!

Ophie likes this.
  16. Lil-pants

Lil-pants New Member

Joining here because I noticed something really weird and my usual place for discussing pokemon is still extremely negative about the new games.
    It looks like flapple and appletun's ability "ripen" triggers with leftovers? The ability pops up every turn, but for some reason it doesn't affect how much healing you get. I wonder if it's some weird glitch or if it's intentional.

Also I love the puzzle in Turfield. It's nothing too difficult, but it really adds charm to the town.

Ophie likes this.
  17. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I don’t know why, but when I read Chairman Rose’s lines, I feel like he should be voiced by Matt Berry. I even try to imitate him when reading them aloud

18. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

I noticed this as well.

Ophie and shoz999 like this.
  19. EmeraldArcanine

EmeraldArcanine #TeamScorbunny

Ya know I had a whole LONG post going on and on about the gym music phases as well but decided not to post because it was so rambly and deep down I wondered if I was just being a giddy fangirl or crazy too. Plus it was before the games released officially so I wasn't sure if it was allowed to talk about the raw track.
    But I agree I LOVE how the music shifts from a minor to a major key from the first-to-middle phases, and then on the last pokemon for the gym leader it's basically Gen 5's final Pokemon music for gyms but amped and fitting the setting perfectly.
    NGL, It's pretty sick how they incorporated the FRICKING AUDIENCE into the gym theme entirely in some way, I feel like that adds some immersion or something to the battle. They're riled up and taking this seriously, it's entertainment for the whole Galar region because this is THEIR sport (Seriously I love how Gym battles are ingrained in their culture in a way to where they make a full enjoyable sport out of it), and ofc they probably want the Gym Leader to whoop you while they still can on their last leg because we all know how sports fans in their hometowns are. lol

Man, I just noticed that Gen 5's technically getting a lot of attention in Gen 8, first the Pokemon added and now I think of it with the Gym music with how they did it. Not that I'm complaining.

Ophie and shoz999 like this.
  20. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

So I’ve collected five badges and have somewhat an opinion. These games are half baked. I don’t like how essentially the Wild Area is a replacement for the routes and when we do get interesting places like the mine or forest it’s incredibly short. The Gym leaders are incredibly easy and that’s really due to the fact of that stupid exp share; it’s to the point where I have to cripple myself (using set and not healing during battle). It’s a shame because the AI is actually pretty smart in these games but that isn’t enough when you are like 5 plus levels head. I’m convinced that Hop is one of the weakest rivals we’ve had along with Bede. The good things is I like how they incorporated trials into Gym battles. Sonia’s and Hop’s stories are pretty interesting so far. Side bar but why does it feel like Sonia is pulling this story with her investigating? Literally nobody cares about these legends except her. I like how each of the Gym leaders have their own set personality that really shines through and unique to each individual. I also prefer this online system to the previous one in SMUSUM

wolf jani, shoz999 and Kataphrut like this.