1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.9%
  2. Yep

10.1%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.0%
  1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Why did they take GTS out? That was literally the one method actual Pokemon fans had of getting version exclusives

I'm feeling this way about Dreepy in Raids :/

wolf jani, Ophie, Sham and 1 other person like this.
  2. loopoloopi

loopoloopi Active Member

Can we talk about the irony that Alola, based on warm sunny beautiful Hawaii, is followed by Galar, based on damp, dank, dreary Britain?

EmeraldArcanine, wolf jani and Ophie like this.
  3. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

I think this is an important point. If anyone at Game Freak was truly listening, and they strive to not repeat the things that made people angry, despite these games probably being very successful, then everything is Pretty much fine. People will buy the next games who didn’t buy these, anyone who bought these will be even happier. It’s only if they decide not to change things that it becomes a long-term effort for fans to voice their opinion.

That said, I’m torn between hoping GF hears the message and makes changes, especially with the Exp Share and difficulty options, and hoping these sell well because they’re enjoyable games. They’re not totally mutually exclusive stances but they’re not easy to reconcile.

edit: and post game content, give me a Frontier already you heathens

4. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Where can I find G-Max Orbeetle?

5. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

I'm guessing that was intentional. They want to contrast consecutive regions. After all, that's why warm, sort-of tropical Hoenn was followed up by cold, mountainous Sinnoh. Unova contrasts the others by being set far away from the previous regions.

I'd bet Generation IX will feature a primarily arid, desert climate, since that's one major biome of the Earth the series hasn't covered (not counting Orre, which is only found in side games).

anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  6. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I think Australia would be perfect for that.

wolf jani and Ophie like this.
  7. Sαpphire

While I think it’s premature to speculate on a generation that’s three or more years away right now, I could actually see the next one striving to expand on the Wild Area with an extremely diverse environment. Although, they could always be looking to do that with next year’s titles, depending on whether or not it’s a Sinnoh remake or an expanded Galar title.

8. Ghost94

Ghost94 Legend Collector

Is there a Fast Ball in this game and do the Mints actually permanently change a Pokémon’s nature?

9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

Hackers and cloners. Thing is, it doesn't stop them. They still use Wonder Trade. It just makes it that much harder for people to complete the dex.

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Our understanding is that they don’t actually change the listed Nature of your Pokémon, just the statistical boost/hamper tendencies.

Example: if you give a Lonely (+Attack, -Defense) Pokémon a Brave (+Attack, -Speed) Mint, the Pokémon’s nature will still say Lonely, but statistically it will be +Attack, -Speed.

11. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't know if the Sinnoh remakes would have a Wild Area.

clbgolden12 likes this.
  12. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Probably as stretch, but if GF does decide to follow up Sword and Shield with DLC instead of a third version, maybe they’re add a new Wild Area in southern Galar/Scotland?

Ophie likes this.
  13. RileyXY1

Trading is now much harder to do without the GTS. You either have to do Surprise Trades (which is random) or seek someone out to trade with them. I'm concerned that the GTS will become a part of Home instead of being in the base game.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  14. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I think the game could've benefited a longer story. We didn't have any hotel scenes. Like they could've had characters room with each other at a few points to talk about their motives, dreams, and insecurities. Hop could room with the player and he could talk about how excited he is to take part in the challenge and also how worried he is that he can't do it, Bede could room with Marnie and they could talk about why they want to become the champion. Hop then rooms with Bede and they have the battle, Hop is crushed because he lost and Bede makes fun of him but then we see that the latter was struggling to, Marnie rooms with the player and talks about what she'd like to do after the journey is over. Then finally, Bede and the player room together with Bede letting it spill that he wants to make Chairman Rose proud but doesn't feel like he's close to doing so, Hop and Marnie room together and Marnie essentially says, "You don't have to be the champion because your big brother is, you can do anything else."

WeepingHallows, wolf jani and Ophie like this.
  15. Sαpphire

Exactly my point - if it’s Galar again next year I expect it to be expanded and/or enhanced. If it’s Sinnoh, then I’m not sure I expect too much openness at all, because it’s a remake. Maybe some stuff, since that’s the Big New Thing this gen, but maybe not as expansive.

Loving this concept and totally agree that this would be amazing. I actually almost expected it from the first hotel scenes we got, and I was surprised we just skipped over. I almost feel like that’s something that would have happened in Alola. The storytelling in this game is a bit different in tone and style than the Alolan games.

anjunajake, wolf jani and Ophie like this.
  16. Sir_Durpsalot

Sir_Durpsalot New Member

So I caught both forms of sinistea and I have a picture of the difference I don't know if this is usefull to Serebii. And if it is I don't know how to give the image. (sorry if this is not the right place)

17. RileyXY1

Although, they don't have any gameplay differences other than requiring a different item to evolve into Polteageist.

18. Sir_Durpsalot

Sir_Durpsalot New Member

they do tho, they have a mark on the bottom

19. RileyXY1

I was talking about gameplay differences, not appearance differences.

20. Sir_Durpsalot

Sir_Durpsalot New Member

oh yeah sorry, you're right they don't, same goes for polteageist. But for polteageist there are pictures of the difference on the forms page, not for sinistea so I thought it might be helpful.