• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ultra Beast Lover

What would happen if you went back into the Slumbering Weald before you're supposed to?

DecShep

Question about Natures vs IVs. I kept looking around for an Adamant G Zigzagoon but after many tries I got mostly Sp. Atk boosting natures. However I recently got one that was Quirky and after checking its IVs on the IV section here, it definitely has a 31 in Atk. Since Obstagoon's Atk is only 90, the 10% boost from a good Nature would be less than a 31 IV correct?

Tiger21820

Master of Fire & Ice
Thank you so much! Wasn't able to find a G-Max Drednaw, but did capture a G-Max Butterfree!
I caught one too! I almost caught a G-Max Drednaw, but it got away (which marks the first time a pokémon max raid capture failed)... I am disappointed that Cherrim doesn't change into it's Sunshine form in Pokémon Camp... I was hoping I could play with a Sunshine form Cherrim since it wasn't possible in the 6th and 7th generation games, because I love Cherrim in it's Sunshine form! I find it baffling that even setting up camp in the wild area with intense sunlight doesn't change it's form! Maybe Cherrim is shielding itself from the sunlight lol! Oh well...

neo_senku

I'm forcing myself to finish it. The new pkmn are interesting but i've never a found a lack of new pokemon to use during the story play though to be an issue.

I never had an issue with the new exp share but it is crap that it cant be turned off for those that want it off. Also the game is still too hand holdy. Would it be so hard to put an option to select new trainer/experienced trainer to removes that kind of thing? I still find dynamax to be profoundly uninteresting compared to the likes of Mega evolution which i loved and Z-moves which i was ok with. The lack of all pokemon being in it is always gonna be a mark against it in my opinion. It makes it impossible for me to care about the pokemon im using since if I were to buy the next game, who knows which ones i could use in that one along with the new ones.

So far I'm pretty meh on this game. There are alot of great QoL improvements but I also find it frustrating because i can see the skeleton of what could have been the best pokemon game there but its just so half-butted. They try to make the stadium matches bombastic but the lack of voice acting makes the spectacle fall flat to me. The night and day cycle is limited to only the wild area. I was very confused when my linoone didnt evolve as I didnt know that. Being forbidden from catching pokemon of certain levels is a choice i dont agree with either. Just GF limiting when and how you can do things doesnt sit well with me. I didnt think id see the day I was done with pokemon but it seems its come at last. Those that are enjoying the game i bear you no ill-will and am glad your having fun. For me though, these games are more disappointing to me then the 3rd gen remakes and ultra sun/moon.

Charizard7316

I caught one too! I almost caught a G-Max Drednaw, but it got away (which marks the first time a pokémon max raid capture failed)... I am disappointed that Cherrim doesn't change into it's Sunshine form in Pokémon Camp... I was hoping I could play with a Sunshine form Cherrim since it wasn't possible in the 6th and 7th generation games, because I love Cherrim in it's Sunshine form! I find it baffling that even setting up camp in the wild area with intense sunlight doesn't change it's form! Maybe Cherrim is shielding itself from the sunlight lol! Oh well...

That's the exact same thing that happened to me... my missing G-Max Drednaw was my first failed Raid Battle. It just left the ball. So I've been researching that method more and more lol

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
This game has been hit and miss. But they took the guy who designed Buzzwole, and made him art director for the new games. And that was clearly an excellent decision. With a few exceptions, likely due to time constraints, the region and the new pokemon look brilliant. Different from previous pokemon to suit the 3D artstyle. But not to the extent that they look out of place in the franchise like the Kyurem forms.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know how SwSh's Gym Leader music has it's own "Victory" theme from Gen 5? Well apparently you can activate it also in Online Multiplayer lol. If you or the last opponent are down to their last Pokemon, the victory phase of the Gym Leader music activates.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Are Gigantamax Pokemon banned from Ranked Battles? It says the format will ban Special Pokemon but I assumed it was just legendaries until I found out my G-Max Sandaconda couldn't enter.

Bus

Still looking for fossils. I found tons of Fish and Drake, but only 2 Dino fossils so far. Are the types you find harder depending on your version?

DannyDark

Is anyone else having difficulty joining random peoples raids online? Not managed to join one yet. But have hosted a few where people have joined.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Is anyone else having difficulty joining random peoples raids online? Not managed to join one yet. But have hosted a few where people have joined.
Yeah the majority result in failed connections for me. Out of all I tried to get into I only managed to succeed in one.
Idk if those I tried before are going into the raids as soon as the notif goes up and that's why it fails (Which begs me the question as to why they pop up in the Y-Comm anyways, instead of doing so when actual invites are going out), or the connection's just that bad rn, but either way I haven't had any luck and it's genuinely annoying.

And on the other side of it, when you're the one requesting invites, hardly anyone comes in at all, and usually those that do for me are so over-leveled it makes the raids super trivial and as a result not fun. x.x

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So I beat Leon and my playtime was 30:14. I spent at least 8-10 hours in the wild area overall, and I would say I didn't rush through the game since I made sure to explore almost every nook and corner. I wanted to give my overall impressions:

Pros:
1. Mix of overworld and random encounters: This is one of the things LGPE did right, and I'm glad it returned in SwSh along with the possibility of random encounters as well.

2. Galar Pokémon: I really like a vast majority of the new Pokémon introduced in these games.

3. Gyms and Challenger's Cup: I enjoyed the atmosphere and the overall implementation of the gym challenge and challenger's cup. It really made it feel rewarding to try and reach the top with the whole stadium broadcast. I did feel the challenger's cup dragged on though.

4. The Wild Area: The true star of the game. I really liked exploring this place, and seeing crazy strong Pokémon pop out and chase you was terrifying and exciting at the same time.

Cons:
1. Empty region: The Wild Area basically felt like it was supposed to be the substitute for the traditional traveling because majority of the routes and cities are really empty. At first glance, some cities looked impressive based on their scale and size, but you later realize there's hardly and people and they generally felt lifeless.

2. Characters: A lot of the characters had potential, but unfortunately many of them fell flat. Hop was seriously Hau 2.0 with the same annoying factor. Basically his whole thing was 'my older bro is sugoi'. There is a brief moment where he feels a bit down after a defeat to Bede, but overall there's nothing much to him. And even then, I'd say he's one of the better characters in terms of his views and aim overall. Sonia was nice, but ultimately her only thing was talking about the ‘darkest day’ everytime. Marnie and Bede felt underused, though the former at least brought us to Piers who’s my favourite leader. Rose and Oleana were terrible characters, and Leon was super meh.

3. Story: What makes the plot so awful is how out of the blue it is. In other games, you get gradual buildup between your gym journey before having to take down the team and leader all together. Over here, there's almost nothing happening during your actual gym challenge, and plot is dumped on you in during the league. Rose and Oleana have absolutely no credible motivations (Rose's plan was the dumbest plan in all of Pokémon. Makes Lysandre's plan look grade A). And the whole premise of the plot was so stupid as well. Leon was having a lengthy chat with Rose, and apparently Hop thinks he's been 'kidnapped' and you suddenly have to infiltrate Rose's whole tower. Eternatus could've been interesting, but it didn't have the same menacing feel like Ultra Necrozma because it was awakened out of the blue. As for Leon himself, beating him felt rewarding because of how much the game made it evident how unbeatable he was. But as a character, he was super meh. His character was basically 'I love Charizard' and 'I'm terrible with directions.'

4. Music: Most of the overworld themes were fine (but none would get close to being as remembered as the classics from Hoenn - Unova). What was really disappointing was the battle themes. Barring Piers, Marnie, a bit of the gym leader theme, the soundtrack felt jarring and all over the place. Don't get me started on the terrible champion's theme. Congratulations Alder, you no longer have the worst champion theme in the series.

So overall, I'd rate these games a 6/10. They are ahead of SM (even if SM has a far better plot), but are still my second least favorite generation of games. They made some neat QoL changes (though the EXP Share being constantly on is definitely not one of them) and the Wild Area is a very good idea that I hope can be further implemented and improved upon in future games. Everything else though was disappointing. These really should have been so much more, being the first generation on a home console but what we got was a watered down, incremental upgrade from the 3ds era.

Last edited:

DecShep

Looks like the way to get Rainbow Alcremie has been found, surprised no ones talking about it.

Spin counterclockwise for 20-30 seconds at Dusk (7PM specifically) The guy said it didn't matter whether it was clock/counterclockwise but he did counter. Idk if you can link videos but its on youtube

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Looks like the way to get Rainbow Alcremie has been found, surprised no ones talking about it.

Spin counterclockwise for 20-30 seconds at Dusk (7PM specifically) The guy said it didn't matter whether it was clock/counterclockwise but he did counter. Idk if you can link videos but its on youtube
Someone already linked a video of the method somewhere actually. All that's needed is for it to be up on the site now.