• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

greninjamaster

You know what's gonna be amazing.

They announce at E3 this year the 3rd game. They announce the game will be a sequel and have every gym leader from the Galar region in the game and have the entire dex. Plus new Galarian and Dynamax forms.

I feel like we know by now they're likely already working on the 3rd installment alongside Sinnoh remakes.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is anyone else having difficulty joining random peoples raids online? Not managed to join one yet. But have hosted a few where people have joined.

The problem lies in the fact that the game gives the same notification for Max Raid Battles regardless of if it's still recruiting, if the battke is underway, or if it's over, and you're allowed to attempt to join in no matter what. When it's the latter two, you'll get a communication error. Another problem is that there is a fair bit of lag between when recruiting begins and when notifications appear for other people, which is part of why you often don't see anyone joining you--by the time the game sends out these notifications, the 3 minutes may already be over!

So, did they fix the problem with the microSD card yet, or do we have to wait. I'm playing it safe and pausing my Sword playthough until they fix it.

As long as you turn off autosave, you should be safe.

Marzbar

Orbeetle has been such a boss. It can tank any hit and has the most epic design. Looks cool from the back as well. Can’t wait to get a G-Max one. He wasn’t going to be on my final team but I can’t justify removing it. Will have to cancel my plans for Frosmoth :/

The slopes around Hammerlocke / Stony Wilderness / Giant’s Mirror etc etc look cool and have some scary strong Pokémon, but the highlight is that Scottish bagpipe music! I will never get board of roaming around in that area. The games are not perfect or even that great, but when they get stuff right, like this area, it really makes you glad to be a Pokémon fan.

I think you definitely have to be connected online while in the Wild Area to really experience it properly and have all the other trainers roaming about. Otherwise it wouldn’t look as dynamic. Has a real community vibe

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I completely forgot Curse can actually wipe out a Ghost until now, was about to catch a Golett but it had to go and use Curse.... knocking itself out in the process. Thankfully it wasn't a shiny lol

Also finally found my first Gigantimax raid while continuing my Dreepy search, Butterfree! Managed to catch it and tempted to break my 'new Pokemon only' clause for my first playthroughs on both versions. Still yet to have successfully joined, or successfully found partners for one. This whole online concept is confusing as heck to me

Wingulltrainer

Well, the game is taking me much longer to get through, but not for the reasons I thought; the gym battles aren’t too hard, and I’ve done a bunch of dynamax battles- my problem is navigation. It took me hours to get to the fourth gym from the wild area, because I had no clear idea of which direction to go in. That and I had to keep going back and recharging. The Nintendo switch lite is a bit difficult to control as well, so I keep running into wild Pokémon I’d rather avoid.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I’ve been able to join several raids myself. There are a few that wouldn’t connect properly but over all it’s not been too much of an issue.

Finally stopped raiding to take on the first gym. 7 more badges to go.

Golden_Arcanine

They announce at E3 this year the 3rd game. They announce the game will be a sequel and have every gym leader from the Galar region in the game and have the entire dex. Plus new Galarian and Dynamax forms.

I feel like we know by now they're likely already working on the 3rd installment alongside Sinnoh remakes.

Why is everyone convinced that there is going to be a 3rd game? I mean, what would you call it? Sword and Shield are pretty opposite. And we haven't had a true 3rd game since Gen 4 with Platinum.

shadowF

Someone on 4ch halped to answer:

Nice to know:)
Can anyone check and confirm which attire is he using?

Is there anyway we can confirm this? Serebii has not posted it on the website yet.

Sorry if this was asked before, couldn't find the info on the forums or the main site.

For the three pokémon with increased gigantamax spawn, are the gigantamax form available only in raids for the specific evolution stage? For example, can I get a gigantamax Butterfree in a Caterpie raid (after it evolves)?

Also would like this answered too.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what's interesting about the competitive scene so far. I know it's early but I'm seeing moves like Fly, Dig and Phantom Force have more prominence because of Dynamaxing.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just encountered a Galarian Meowth & read its pokédex entries. So it’s basically the Pokémon equivalent to a grizzled/crusty sailor who was lost at sea for a couple of years?

It’s a cool design & I’m considering adding it to my team but I’m just trying to wrap my head around it :confused:o_O

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just encountered a Galarian Meowth & read its pokédex entries. So it’s basically the Pokémon equivalent to a grizzled/crusty sailor who was lost at sea for a couple of years?

It’s a cool design & I’m considering adding it to my team but I’m just trying to wrap my head around it :confused:o_O
Its evolution is based on a viking. Fun fact, Vikings often brought cats with them to take care of mice on the ships.

Rootbeer

Random question, purely out of curiosity, I can't seem to find an answer to:

Just beat Kabu. Would it have been possible to lose his gym challenge? I only saw 3 Pokémon spawn, KO'd the Vulpix by accident so I made sure to catch Sizzlipede and Litwik. Had I not done that, could I have failed and had to retry?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay, another pro for this game is definitely the bag having a 'treasure' section. I've honestly always wanted that in a game, makes it easy to pick out and dump all the nuggets, mushrooms, pearls, etc without having to organize your bag. Quite useful as every gen seems to add more treasure items

I do not like how the 'Wild Area' stores rotate around though. Quick Balls were at the gate to the Fire gym city for the longest time.... and I had to go talk to every single person before finding the guy selling them again today

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm getting a bit tired of the typical online idiots. I keep joining a Max Raid, the group fills up, everyone readies up, then the host decides we're not good enough for them and cancels the raid. What utter tossers.
I hate people like that. Such jerks. Dealt with someone like that in Go... they ended up stealing the gym I took down due to the game crashing. I hope they never add in private raids to Sword and Shield. They would make things far worse.