• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

CharizardFan09

Just beat the game. Kinda lame there's nothing to do after you beat the game.

Disappointing that they arent many good TM's in this game. Where's ice beam, earthquake, etc?

Also, how can I find someone to trade with me? I'm going to start over and I want Sobble.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Why is everyone convinced that there is going to be a 3rd game? I mean, what would you call it? Sword and Shield are pretty opposite. And we haven't had a true 3rd game since Gen 4 with Platinum.
Third game, third games, same thing really. USUM were third games in all but not getting both cover legendaries in one title.
The problem lies in the fact that the game gives the same notification for Max Raid Battles regardless of if it's still recruiting, if the battke is underway, or if it's over, and you're allowed to attempt to join in no matter what. When it's the latter two, you'll get a communication error. Another problem is that there is a fair bit of lag between when recruiting begins and when notifications appear for other people, which is part of why you often don't see anyone joining you--by the time the game sends out these notifications, the 3 minutes may already be over!
Geez, that sounds even laggier and worse than the Plaza missions which also suffer from that, the delay isn't even that severe on Plaza. I'd hope they'd fixed that when it was for such an integral part of the game rather than this small side-thing.

Marzbar

Random question, purely out of curiosity, I can't seem to find an answer to:

Just beat Kabu. Would it have been possible to lose his gym challenge? I only saw 3 Pokémon spawn, KO'd the Vulpix by accident so I made sure to catch Sizzlipede and Litwik. Had I not done that, could I have failed and had to retry?
They respawn after each battle until you reach 5 or more points. The gym trainer KO’d the Pokémon before I could and I got no points. But I was able battle it again

Doomseed

Lurks most of the time
My girlfriend truly bless me with a gift. I finally manage to get pokémon sword from her and I am enjoying it a lot. She got herself the shield version :)

I was wondering, what pokemon that is best used as my false swipe main. you guys have any ideas?

Marzbar

My girlfriend truly bless me with a gift. I finally manage to get pokémon sword from her and I am enjoying it a lot. She got herself the shield version :)

I was wondering, what pokemon that is best used as my false swipe main. you guys have any ideas?
I would look up False Swipe on the Serebii Gen 8 attackdex because despite being a TM, its distribution is really small! I had to use Drednaw because it’s the only thing I had in my box that learns it. If you went with Grookey you’re in luck because Rillaboom can learn it (I think, from memory).

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I would look up False Swipe on the Serebii Gen 8 attackdex because despite being a TM, its distribution is really small! I had to use Drednaw because it’s the only thing I had in my box that learns it. If you went with Grookey you’re in luck because Rillaboom can learn it (I think, from memory).
Yup it's true (from a Grookey user). Thwackey can learn it too.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Is there anyway we can confirm this? Serebii has not posted it on the website yet.

Also would like this answered too.

I quess someone who beat the game and Leon at the Battle Tower can check it. The questions is if we need to beat him once or on all level (till Master level).
So it seems we are able to have clothes representing all 18 types with logos. Will try to combine all. I think it's the only minor league sign we have but still.
As Promised:
ddkm05y-14a4f574-1184-40bb-a84b-df314dfa2048.jpg

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

So I beat Leon and my playtime was 30:14. I spent at least 8-10 hours in the wild area overall, and I would say I didn't rush through the game since I made sure to explore almost every nook and corner. I wanted to give my overall impressions:

Pros:
1. Mix of overworld and random encounters: This is one of the things LGPE did right, and I'm glad it returned in SwSh along with the possibility of random encounters as well.

2. Galar Pokémon: I really like a vast majority of the new Pokémon introduced in these games.

3. Gyms and Challenger's Cup: I enjoyed the atmosphere and the overall implementation of the gym challenge and challenger's cup. It really made it feel rewarding to try and reach the top with the whole stadium broadcast. I did feel the challenger's cup dragged on though.

4. The Wild Area: The true star of the game. I really liked exploring this place, and seeing crazy strong Pokémon pop out and chase you was terrifying and exciting at the same time.

Cons:
1. Empty region: The Wild Area basically felt like it was supposed to be the substitute for the traditional traveling because majority of the routes and cities are really empty. At first glance, some cities looked impressive based on their scale and size, but you later realize there's hardly and people and they generally felt lifeless.

2. Characters: A lot of the characters had potential, but unfortunately many of them fell flat. Hop was seriously Hau 2.0 with the same annoying factor. Basically his whole thing was 'my older bro is sugoi'. There is a brief moment where he feels a bit down after a defeat to Bede, but overall there's nothing much to him. And even then, I'd say he's one of the better characters in terms of his views and aim overall. Sonia was nice, but ultimately her only thing was talking about the ‘darkest day’ everytime. Marnie and Bede felt underused, though the former at least brought us to Piers who’s my favourite leader. Rose and Oleana were terrible characters, and Leon was super meh.

3. Story: What makes the plot so awful is how out of the blue it is. In other games, you get gradual buildup between your gym journey before having to take down the team and leader all together. Over here, there's almost nothing happening during your actual gym challenge, and plot is dumped on you in during the league. Rose and Oleana have absolutely no credible motivations (Rose's plan was the dumbest plan in all of Pokémon. Makes Lysandre's plan look grade A). And the whole premise of the plot was so stupid as well. Leon was having a lengthy chat with Rose, and apparently Hop thinks he's been 'kidnapped' and you suddenly have to infiltrate Rose's whole tower. Eternatus could've been interesting, but it didn't have the same menacing feel like Ultra Necrozma because it was awakened out of the blue. As for Leon himself, beating him felt rewarding because of how much the game made it evident how unbeatable he was. But as a character, he was super meh. His character was basically 'I love Charizard' and 'I'm terrible with directions.'

4. Music: Most of the overworld themes were fine (but none would get close to being as remembered as the classics from Hoenn - Unova). What was really disappointing was the battle themes. Barring Piers, Marnie, a bit of the gym leader theme, the soundtrack felt jarring and all over the place. Don't get me started on the terrible champion's theme. Congratulations Alder, you no longer have the worst champion theme in the series.

So overall, I'd rate these games a 6/10. They are ahead of SM (even if SM has a far better plot), but are still my second least favorite generation of games. They made some neat QoL changes (though the EXP Share being constantly on is definitely not one of them) and the Wild Area is a very good idea that I hope can be further implemented and improved upon in future games. Everything else though was disappointing. These really should have been so much more, being the first generation on a home console but what we got was a watered down, incremental upgrade from the 3ds era.
Ikr, while watching the cutscenes I was like, "It occurs to me that we're going to all this trouble because someone didn't come for dinner."

Xuxuba

Ikr, while watching the cutscenes I was like, "It occurs to me that we're going to all this trouble because someone didn't come for dinner."
It was really weird because they hadn't even revealed themselves as villains yet and we were already treating them as such.

It is almost as if Game Freak knew it was obvious that they were villains and just forgot to make a reveal about it.

Gotta say, even though i liked the story and really loved some of the characters (Bede, Sonia and Marnie), the dialogue in the beginning, the pace and the reveal of the antagonist was a mess. I am glad they at least tried to develop some of the characters and that most gym leaders got something to do other than just being obstacles on your path. I enjoyed the lore about the region aswell (although a bit simplistic).

Last edited:

Xuxuba

People were saying there wasn't going to be one because of the Eternatus fight. But honestly i don't think that gets in the way of anything, it is not like the third game has to be about Eternatus and, even if it was, it is not like they didn't do this before where the mascots of the next version already had a storyline in the previous one (USUM). They can always just change a few things here and there and just give the mascots new forms.

I would prefer if they didn't though since i prefer remakes and sequels over third versions (unless it's yet another kanto remake then it can go rot in hell lmao). Plus, i really wanted to see a Sinnoh remake where we face a Dynamax Arceus in the postgame, even though Dynamax is very tied to Galar's lore. That would be hilarious.

Last edited:

DaddyOak

So I beat Leon and my playtime was 30:14. I spent at least 8-10 hours in the wild area overall, and I would say I didn't rush through the game since I made sure to explore almost every nook and corner. I wanted to give my overall impressions:

So overall, I'd rate these games a 6/10. They are ahead of SM (even if SM has a far better plot), but are still my second least favorite generation of games. They made some neat QoL changes (though the EXP Share being constantly on is definitely not one of them) and the Wild Area is a very good idea that I hope can be further implemented and improved upon in future games. Everything else though was disappointing. These really should have been so much more, being the first generation on a home console but what we got was a watered down, incremental upgrade from the 3ds era.

according to multiple interviews in april sword & shield are supposed to be played the best in handheld mode

pokemon let's go is for the tv experience so in terms of 3ds vs switch it was upgraded it was meant to be a handheld game all along as far as sword & shield go

These new titles, first announced in a Pokémon Direct in February, have generated a huge response from consumers. Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, which were released in November of last year, are designed to highlight the fun of Nintendo Switch in TV mode, for example by waving the controller at the TV screen to capture Pokémon. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are being developed to emphasize the fun of playing Nintendo Switch in handheld mode. We want these games to be played not only by longtime Pokémon fans, but also by consumers whose first encounter with the series was on a dedicated video game platform with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!.

Nintendo president, Shuntaro Furukawa mentioned it

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190426_3e.pdf

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...veloped_with_a_focus_on_switchs_handheld_mode

so apprently there are 2 brances handheld pokemon games and tv console pokemon games

since there is no solo handheld system anymore the switch will have to do for titles like sword & shield. yes you can use both but their main focus in sword & shield was to design it for handheld mode.

probably the main reason why they didnt go all out on the grapics deparment

Last edited:

DannyDark

Okay, another pro for this game is definitely the bag having a 'treasure' section. I've honestly always wanted that in a game, makes it easy to pick out and dump all the nuggets, mushrooms, pearls, etc without having to organize your bag. Quite useful as every gen seems to add more treasure items.

While I agree this was really nice.. it just missed its mark by not having a "sell all" button, which I feel is pretty standard nowadays.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
It’s worth noting that we do now have a new dedicated handheld in the Switch Lite, which also has a slightly smaller screen with the same resolution (meaning sharper images). For what it’s worth, the games do look phenomenal on there.

DaddyOak

well a switch vs a 3ds console is a huge upgrade after all so yes it does look nice compared to 3ds wether it's handheld or docked mode