• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think its alright if Kanto gets a bunch of new Pokemon as long as they feel like new Pokemon. Love Perrserker's design and moveset.
I was specifically speaking about the Gigantamax forms.
Garbodor being the odd one out aside from

Melmetal

made me forgive this alongside a lot of Gen 8 Pokemon getting to Gigantamax. Garbodor & Gen 5 getting a spot to shine! Wonderful!

Reeeeally makes you wonder why only Diancie was given a Mega from the pool of Gen 6 Pokemon, you know the generation Megas were introduced in!
I'm still ticked about the disproportionate amount of Mega to each Generation. Kanto got 15 (basically 17 because of Scizor and Steelix), Unova and Kalos got 1.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I was specifically speaking about the Gigantamax forms.

I'm still ticked about the disproportionate amount of Mega to each Generation. Kanto got 15 (basically 17 because of Scizor and Steelix), Unova and Kalos got 1.
In that case, I still don't mind G-Max Kanto Pokemon. Who here loves G-Max Kingler? What an awesome design. I am okay with Kanto fanservice as long as its done right and we have seen that the Pokemon series can do Kanto fanservice right. With that being said, my problem here is that they really aren't showing Kanto at its most fun. They are just catering too much to what essentially are the mascots of Kanto such as Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth and Charizard. There is so much to the Kanto roster than just these Pokemon. What about Poliwrath for example who is Satoshi Tajiri's favorite evolution line of the Gen 1 era?

TheWanderingMist

In that case, I still don't mind G-Max Kanto Pokemon. Who here loves G-Max Kingler? What an awesome design. I am okay with Kanto fanservice as long as its done right and we have seen that the Pokemon series can do Kanto fanservice right. With that being said, my problem here is that they really aren't showing Kanto at its most fun. They are just catering too much to what essentially are the mascots of Kanto such as Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth and Charizard. There is so much to the Kanto roster than just these Pokemon. What about Poliwrath for example who is Satoshi Tajiri's favorite evolution line of the Gen 1 era?
It's not Kanto getting things that's the problem. It's Kanto getting things, and other regions NOT getting them just so Kanto can have even more that irks me.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Beat Sword a few hours ago.

Really enjoyed it (even though the story was kind of sloppy), but I hate how blatantly obvious it was that these games were rushed. I feel like if they just had one more year of dev time, they could’ve been one of my favorite Switch games.

At any rate, there’s still a ton of content for me to do. Max Raids, Pokédex, competitive preparations, Battle Tower, gym rematches, whatever the heck the post game story is, etc. I probably won’t be putting the game down anytime soon.

Marzbar

Am i the only one who hated the selection of water pokémon?

There are so many water pokémon that i like and yet there isn't a single one of them in these games that i wanted on my team.

I mean, why didn't they cut the ones that are very similar? Do we really need 4 crustaceans, 3 seaguls, 3 whales and a bunch of ugly fishes?
Not only that, but it really annoyed me that in Route 9 the grass is full of Pokémon who live in or depend on water!?!? It made no sense and ruined the immersion. Running into Jellicent, Pyukumuku, Octillery, Cramorant using Dive etc etc

TheWanderingMist

Beat Sword a few hours ago.

Really enjoyed it (even though the story was kind of sloppy), but I hate how blatantly obvious it was that these games were rushed. I feel like if they just had one more year of dev time, they could’ve been one of my favorite Switch games.

At any rate, there’s still a ton of content for me to do. Max Raids, Pokédex, competitive preparations, Battle Tower, gym rematches, whatever the heck the post game story is, etc. I probably won’t be putting the game down anytime soon.
I don't see in any way how it's obvious they were "rushed".
Not only that, but it really annoyed me that in Route 9 the grass is full of Pokémon who live in or depend on water!?!? It made no sense and ruined the immersion. Running into Jellicent, Pyukumuku, Octillery, Cramorant using Dive etc etc
Didn't explore the Wild Area early on very much, did you? Jellicent roam the land there as well. And of course Pyukumuku were out of the water. There's a literal job in Alola about throwing them back into the sea because they're too dumb to stay there.

Marzbar

Didn't explore the Wild Area early on very much, did you? Jellicent roam the land there as well. And of course Pyukumuku were out of the water. There's a literal job in Alola about throwing them back into the sea because they're too dumb to stay there.
This wasn’t on a beach though... it’s a bit different. Also Mareanie is another one that doesn’t make sense being out of the water

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This wasn’t on a beach though... it’s a bit different. Also Mareanie is another one that doesn’t make sense being out of the water

Well you won't like the anime lol. Team Rocket has a Mareanie which is out of the water 90% of the time.

TheWanderingMist

The Jellicent I found was just wandering around in some grass nowhere near a beach. But it's a ghost anyway, so that doesn't really matter.

Marzbar

For the record we are not talking about the anime or Alola or anything else. I’m talking about a frozen icy route in Galar that’s elevated above the sea level that is full of literally nothing but water type Pokémon.... it just seemed weird to me

TheWanderingMist

For the record we are not talking about the anime or Alola or anything else. I’m talking about a frozen icy route in Galar that’s elevated above the sea level that is full of literally nothing but water type Pokémon.... it just seemed weird to me
There's water right next to it. You have to cross a bridge to even get to Route 9.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Oh I wasn't talking about the route in general, I was more so talking about how the anime seems to treat Mareanie as a pokemon that can live out of the water unlike say Goldeen or Lumineon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Am I the only one who's gotten VERY fa in the game and still haven't used pokemon camp?

I only did it once

Unpopular opinion but thinking back about past games I find Hop to be the best written rival the series ever had.

Him + some of the other characters makes me really want a sequel.

I was surprised how interesting Hop was, unlike a certain LGPE rival...
His brother was the only character in the game I legit didn't care for. "Leon the undefeatable!" "Did I mention he's undefeatable?" "All hail Leon the undefeatable!" His only actual character trait was getting lost... I found him as dull as I found Diantha, but at least his team wasn't as bad as hers was. Saying one's 'undefeatable' doesn't hype a character up, it just makes them feel annoying unless they're going for a twist where he's just a fraud. Unfortunately they didn't

Bede was my favorite of the rivals, solely for the jerk factor. Felt so refreshing having an asshole as a rival, given the last one was so very long ago... and Marnie was great too!

If we get sequels though, DP remakes better happen first. That way we can have majority of the Pokemon as the sequels are sure to add in more too

I did find the exclusive gyms in Sword a bit... underwhelming though considering lines and placement of them. A ground gym in the snowy area?! While Shield gets the Ice Gym leader? Oh and there's this line "You beat the Stow on Side gym! Here's a TM to fit the battle!" *player obtained Curse* ?????? That ain't a Fighting move lol I don't think exclusive gyms should be a thing, how about having BOTH gyms but giving us a CHOICE on who we battle? The gym leader of so-and-so town or the gym leader of so-and-so city? Y'know, a concept fans have been wanting?

TheWanderingMist

I only did it once

I was surprised how interesting Hop was, unlike a certain LGPE rival...
His brother was the only character in the game I legit didn't care for. "Leon the undefeatable!" "Did I mention he's undefeatable?" "All hail Leon the undefeatable!" His only actual character trait was getting lost... I found him as dull as I found Diantha, but at least his team wasn't as bad as hers was. Saying one's 'undefeatable' doesn't hype a character up, it just makes them feel annoying unless they're going for a twist where he's just a fraud. Unfortunately they didn't

Bede was my favorite of the rivals, solely for the jerk factor. Felt so refreshing having an asshole as a rival, given the last one was so very long ago... and Marnie was great too!

If we get sequels though, DP remakes better happen first. That way we can have majority of the Pokemon as the sequels are sure to add in more too

I did find the exclusive gyms in Sword a bit... underwhelming though considering lines and placement of them. A ground gym in the snowy area?! While Shield gets the Ice Gym leader? Oh and there's this line "You beat the Stow on Side gym! Here's a TM to fit the battle!" *player obtained Curse* ?????? That ain't a Fighting move lol I don't think exclusive gyms should be a thing, how about having BOTH gyms but giving us a CHOICE on who we battle? The gym leader of so-and-so town or the gym leader of so-and-so city? Y'know, a concept fans have been wanting?
The point was they could give the same TM since it has differing effects. It's basically Bulk Up with a negative side effect unless you're already a slow mon.

Leon actually did something instead of just waiting for the player to take care of it. The last Champion to do that was Alder when he fought N. Heck, Leon even tried to prevent it outright.

Sword's Gym is Rock type, not Ground.

Bede was just like validation for all my rants, so I'm happy with how he ended up, facing actual serious consequences and all.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well I've found something difficult.. baring in mind I haven't been able to get more than 1 person join so that's affected difficulty also... a 5-start Gyarados Raid. It can set up two dragon dances and then attack with Max Geyser or Airstream.

The higher the star difficulty, the less likely you'll find people, as the fewer people there will be who are qualified for it. This is especiallyso with common Pokémon like Gyarados. Seems a lot of people just want Gigantamax Pokémon and nothing else. (I've also noticed people sometimes pull out if a minute goes by in the waiting room without the battle starting, or they start after finding one other person, which is a BAD idea because computer players are worthless in 5-star raids.)

https://gematsu.com/2019/11/pokemon...on-retail-copies-in-first-three-days-in-japan

It broke Smash's record. Wow GF and Nintendo are probably celebrating and probably gonna announce the 3rd game at E3.

A well deserved accolade for a fantastic game!

Heh, I see some people are bitter about that and were downvoting all the comments that were positive. Then, presumably, some other people were downvoting the comments that were negative. It's like The Dark Knight on IMDb!

Remains to be seen how much they could carry over from Sword and Shield to any potential Sinnoh remakes. They'd still have to build the entire region from the ground up in 3D, and probably also the dex (seeing as for some unknown reason they couldn't copy over assets from Let's Go either judging by a lot of Kanto pokémon being out). I'm predicting more Galar games simply because they could re-use a lot more assets from Sword and Shield for those which would save on development time, just like USUM re-used most stuff from Sun and Moon.

From what I can see, there was new work to be done for every Pokémon. Most Pokémon didn't really have roaming animations before, and every Pokémon needed a looking-down pose for when it's Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed but no one else is. The latter is a little detail I wasn't sure of until I went in a Max Raid Battle featuring Sudowoodo--and sure enough, the battle began with Sudowoodo's head pointed slightly downwards. There is also Pokémon interaction with each other in the camps. (The roaming part had work already done for Let's Go though.)

Here is Vikavolt with its looking-down pose, for instance.

hgNhyzH.png

This isn't simply taking Vikavolt's flying animation and angling it downwards. Its legs are hanging at a different angle too, still pointed straight down due to gravity. It isn't that much work, but it is still SOME work, and it looks like they took great care to make it look right. The fact that no one seems to have said anything about this shows that that care has been done.

I didn't even know Corsola had a weather condition. I found one while randomly roaming the wild area because I didn't know what it was so I ran into it.

Yeah, you can only find it in Stony Wilderness in Overcast conditions. That happened to be that weather condition when I first set foot in that part of the Wild Area, and Corsola were showing up without me even recognizing them. (They don't have their spikes up, so they just look like white balls with dark spots. They also don't move, so I wasn't sure it was even a Pokémon before I approached it.)

Galarian Corsola, to my knowledge, are in high demand because many days can pass before you get a chance to find one. It's like Drifloon in Sinnoh all over again.

Orphalesion

Okay this game is definitely not "super short" I'm currently training up to face Allister (as in the 4th gym leader) and have just evolved my starter to its final form (Rillaboom!) and my game clock is at 21:45 hours. As in I'm playing way too much of this game because it's fun.
Though tbf I'm using more than 8 Pokemon (about 16 actually, since exp share makes rotating teams a lot more feasible) and I'm spending a lot of time camping and in the wild area. So without that it might be shorter.

Also....daaaaaaamn camping is cute. At first my Appletun was scared was scared of my Galarian Linoone/Obstagoon and now they are friends and playing together ^-^