• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
random question, does anyone hear a kinda woosh/wind sound when releasing some pokemon? can't find or remember hearing anything about it.
Idk why it happens either tbh. At first I thought it was related to the Pokemon sent out, like maybe a type advantage, but then it started happening like every other battle starting with that sound regardless. I don't understand why that's a thing or what it means, it's confusing as heck.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Cursola's Perish Body + Dugtrio's Arena Trap. I encountered this combo and by the time I realized it, I one-shot his Dugtrio but I have to admit. That's pretty evil lol had it worked.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just beat the game. I have a lot to say about the game's final moments but I'll keep it to a minimum:

-Raihan is so cool. He might be my favorite Gym Leader of all time
-I get Rose's plan but I find it hard to empathize with him. Theme was meh
-Oleanna had literally the exact team I thought Lusamine would have minus Garbodor. What's the connection with her & Garbodor?
-I hated the segment where you fought so many of Rose's employees.
-Enternatus was underwhelming as a third legendary outside of its cutscenes.
-Bede, Marnie, & Hop were all great rivals but the former 2 suffer from lack of interactions (especially with each other). Potentially my favorites along with Barry, Cheren, Hugh, Gladion, & Trace (yes, you read that right)
-Leon made me feel hype for a battle that I rarely get (only Cynthia, Steven, Iris, & Kukui gave a similar feeling). As much as I hate his ace being Charizard, the face off of the first and most recent fire starters was cool.
-I like that your team shows up on the title screen

I liked this game more than I thought I would. Is it my favorite? No, but it's probably top 5.

lvl.50Abra

Not Quite Kadabra
Idk why it happens either tbh. At first I thought it was related to the Pokemon sent out, like maybe a type advantage, but then it started happening like every other battle starting with that sound regardless. I don't understand why that's a thing or what it means, it's confusing as heck.
yea i haven't been able to figure out what it means, it doesn't seem to do anything with what ball it's in or type advantage or being first... maybe something to do with stats?

i'm surprised i can't find any mention about it. maybe this needs its own thread.

Orphalesion

-I get Rose's plan but I find it hard to empathize with him. Theme was meh

I think he (like a lot of other characters in this game) suffered from a lack of screen-time. We never really got much foreshadowing, we never got much indication on what makes Rose tick etc. etc. etc. As I wrote in another thread, it felt like most of the plot, character development and character interaction was happening offscreen while we were shooed off to complete the gym challenge.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think he (like a lot of other characters in this game) suffered from a lack of screen-time. We never really got much foreshadowing, we never got much indication on what makes Rose tick etc. etc. etc. As I wrote in another thread, it felt like most of the plot, character development and character interaction was happening offscreen while we were shooed off to complete the gym challenge.
Agreed. I know Oleanna being a literal obstacle between us and Rose was purposeful but I would've liked if we got to visit Marco Cosmos before invading it. The game tries to paint him as someone who looks into the longterm but what exactly makes him concerned at that very moment? He rarely interacts with the cast outside of "Oh, you wouldn't understand our noble cause" and typical business fluff.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Use those tricks to get a purple beam raid and summon G-Max Pokemon:

1. Get a purple beam raid via Wishing Piece:
(1) Set text to slow (only until you get used to it then set text to normal)
(2) Turn off auto-save
(3) Save the game when you nearby a den
(4) Say yes to throwing a wishing piece and saving
(5) If light is not purple after saying yes, immediately go to home menu, restart game, and try again.

2. Summon an G-Max Pokemon (If light is purple):
(1) Let the game save as usual
(2) Make sure you are not connected to internet via y-comm
(3) Turn off syncing time via internet in system settings
(4) Go into the raid and press invite others
(5) Once you see the timer, go back to home menu and set the date forward by one day
(6) Go back in game and leave the raid screen
(7) Interact with raid and get 2000 watts and potentially new Pokemon
(8) If new Pokemon is not an G-Max Pokemon, try again from (4) to (7).

Den Locations and Pokemon Listings (common = red beam, rare = purple beam):
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattledens.shtml

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder if having one of the non rivals as a travel companion would help. On one hand they'd get a chance to interact with other characters and they could lead to interesting mechanics. On the other hand they tried that with Rui and it didn't do much for her.

Orphalesion

The game tries to paint him as someone who looks into the longterm but what exactly makes him concerned at that very moment?

Oh yeah, that was really weirdly written. Since it was so extremely long-term it made no sense why he insisted that "we have to do this RIGHT NOW!!!" We apparently had to do that right now with no delay possible because....potatoes.

Also, maybe I missed something (perfectly possible considering the speed the story was moving at that point) but how

was releasing Eternatus "right now!!!" even supposed to prevent Galar from running out of energy in a thousand years time? Did it's presence recharge something? And did Rose's plan succeed or fail and how did us capturing Eternatus aid or hinder said plan?
It was all really vague and ill-explained...
It might have been better if they had made it so that Galar was already running out of energy due to the Gyms using the Dynamax spots, that would have contributed some much needed urgency to Rose's actions.

Because without that it was pretty much "if we don't recreate the darkest day "right now!!" something undesirable might, possibly, perhaps, happen some when in the far flung future...

Who wrote this plot and how tired were they when they did so? I mean it has some very, very good ideas and elements, just the pieces don't fit together...

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Oh yeah, that was really weirdly written. Since it was so extremely long-term it made no sense why he insisted that "we have to do this RIGHT NOW!!!" We apparently had to do that right now with no delay possible because....potatoes.

Also, maybe I missed something (perfectly possible considering the speed the story was moving at that point) but how

was releasing Eternatus "right now!!!" even supposed to prevent Galar from running out of energy in a thousand years time? Did it's presence recharge something? And did Rose's plan succeed or fail and how did us capturing Eternatus aid or hinder said plan?
It was all really vague and ill-explained...
It might have been better if they had made it so that Galar was already running out of energy due to the Gyms using the Dynamax spots, that would have contributed some much needed urgency to Rose's actions.

Because without that it was pretty much "if we don't recreate the darkest day "right now!!" something undesirable might, possibly, perhaps, happen some when in the far flung future...

Who wrote this plot and how tired were they when they did so? I mean it has some very, very good ideas and elements, just the pieces don't fit together...
Thats what I didnt understand.... Rose was talking about the leagure for the WHOLE game, and right when the league final is about to start, he decides to stop it? Is there an explanation to this?
Overall, I think the story was lacking. It started good, but then was awefuly rushed.

Yeah, I can see a great story somewhere in there, but as much as I adore the new games, I won't hesitate to say the story is riddled with plot holes in the third act. And we haven't heard of anything directly relating to the aftermath of the Darkest Day except for Rose turning himself in and Oleana doing voluntary community service. I'm hoping we'll get more answers if we get a second set of games or a third version. Which is a shame, despite all the pre-release negativity surrounding it, I loved almost every other aspect of the game.

I do have a personal theory of Eternatus being our world's direct counterpart to Necrozma--just because it came in on a meteor doesn't exactly mean it has to be an Ultra Beast. And Eternamax is probably the dark answer to Ultra Necrozma's light. But until we learn more about Eternatus, all we can do is guess about it. At the very least, I'm keeping some hopes for out-of-game information like in the anime or TCG.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
Having been initially disappointed with the story. Having finished the game I think the story was just a humble adventure where characters grow and discover themselves. It could have been executed slightly better, more interactions between Bede, Marnie, and Hop. I'm definitely used to the bigger stories we have been having since gen 3 but it was fine. Felt like something was missing though. It was as if Rose turned just for the sake of it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You do realize Leon brings up that exact point of "Why can't this wait since the problem is in 1000 years?" during the story, right? What you're calling a plot hole isn't actually one.

The old saying "You can't see the forest for the trees" is inverted with Rose. He can't see the individual trees that make up the forest, even though the forest couldn't exist without them.

Rose also honestly thought his plan would work, and pretty much immediately stepped down when it didn't. He knew he didn't really have a chance of beating you in a Pokémon battle, considering you were strong enough to face Leon by that point.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Use those tricks to get a purple beam raid and summon G-Max Pokemon:

1. Get a purple beam raid via Wishing Piece:
(1) Set text to slow (only until you get used to it then set text to normal)
(2) Turn off auto-save
(3) Save the game when you nearby a den
(4) Say yes to throwing a wishing piece and saving
(5) If light is not purple after saying yes, immediately go to home menu, restart game, and try again.

2. Summon an G-Max Pokemon (If light is purple):
(1) Let the game save as usual
(2) Make sure you are not connected to internet via y-comm
(3) Turn off syncing time via internet in system settings
(4) Go into the raid and press invite others
(5) Once you see the timer, go back to home menu and set the date forward by one day
(6) Go back in game and leave the raid screen
(7) Interact with raid and get 2000 watts and potentially new Pokemon
(8) If new Pokemon is not an G-Max Pokemon, try again from (4) to (7).

Den Locations and Pokemon Listings (common = red beam, rare = purple beam):
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattledens.shtml

I’ve been doing this for hours trying to find Gigantamax Hatterene. I found everything that appears in that den, except Hatterene. :/

Orphalesion

You do realize Leon brings up that exact point of "Why can't this wait since the problem is in 1000 years?" during the story, right? What you're calling a plot hole isn't actually one.
It's still a plot hole, because, even though Leon brings it up, we never get a satisfying or logical answer from the good chairman. It's still "it has to be RIGHT NOW because...uh....the game needs a climax!" There is no good reason for Rose doing what he does when he does it. No reason ti couldn't be done two days later, or 2 years later, or really at any other point during the next 1000 years.

As I wrote above there is no urgency to Rose's actions. If it had been about preventing an immediate calamity, then it would have made sense that it has to happen right now (and it could have made a point about exploitation of natural resources). But with the problem not being a problem for 1000 more years everything only happens because Rose says so for no apparent reason.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I wonder if this generation might have more games than usual. These are more unrefined for the Switch than X and Y were for the 3DS, and while a lot of people are expecting Sinnoh remakes next year for various reasons, but there’s a lot of expansion that they could do with this story. Then again, that was the case with X and Y too, and I’m convinced that the plot is focused around Eternatus specifically to avoid a repeat of the Zygarde situation.

Bus

Anyone else having problems with the Y Comm? Like, recently it hasn't been showing me anything in the feed and never gives the option to refresh so I'm missing out on Raids.

EDIT: I just did a Surprise Trade in an effort to spur the screen to load stuff and some kind soul just gave me a Sobble for the Cutiefly I sent out. If you use Serebii, then know that I thank you lol

ShadowForce720

Okay this might include some story spoilers so I'm putting this in a spoiler tag for now:

So I'm a bit confused here when it comes to the supposed trio of Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus, now looking at past legendary trios the members of the trios tend to share multiple similarities even if some didn't share typings together, to where you could easily see how they fit together and all shared a theme even with the gen 7 trio of Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma you could easily see how Necrozma even in it's base form could fit into the trio as it did have some similarities to Solgaleo and Lunala despite not being part of the same evolutionary line as them. However while I can see how Zacian and Zamazenta are connected as they do have multiple similarities to each other however when you try to incorporate Eternatus into this it winds up sticking out like a sore thumb. I mean the only thing Eternatus seems to have in common with Zacian and Zamazenta is that they all of have 2nd forms but even then Eternatus still sticks out because Zacian and Zamazenta have special hold items(that are weapons) that turn them into their 2nd forms while Eternatus's 2nd form is it Eternamaxing instead.

Plus besides all that the only connection lore wise Zacian and Zamazenta have with Eternatus is the fact that they fight Eternatus. Looking at their origins to while Zacian and Zamazenta are from the pokemon world Eternatus seems to be from space. So unless there is more to the story and lore that winds up explaining how Eternatus is to connected to Zacian and Zamazenta. Also apparently looking it up Eternatus is possibly based on Thanatos, the Greek god of death.