• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just a quick question:

Since Impidimp and friends are 100% male, if I breed it will the Poke Ball I caught it in pass down to the offspring Impidimp or not?

Really want to get a Shiny one in a Moon Ball, and I'm sure as hell not doing the new method just yet lol

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
-Oleanna had literally the exact team I thought Lusamine would have minus Garbodor. What's the connection with her & Garbodor?

My interpretation of it is that Oleana wants to give off an image of feminine grace and beauty but is actually rotten at her core. Similarly, her entire team is made up of slender, traditionally feminine-looking Pokémon--and Garbodor when everything else is eliminated.

More recent generations have had Pokémon reflect the personality and/or character development of the trainer. For instance, Gladion's Pokémon evolve mostly through friendship or trading; when you finally see them evolve at the end of the game, it's a sign that he has opened up to his Pokémon and to other people.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m currently training for my battle with Melony in Shield. She’s the only Gym Leader so far that has defeated me. The others I won either through type advantages or sheer luck.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Galarian Darmanitan has Zen Mode which I didn’t even know she had and I was relying on Steel and Fighting moves the first time. Now I’m training a Centiskortch and Salazzle to take care of it. I plan on Poisioning Darmanitan and taking it out since those two are resistant to Fire types attacks. My Pangoro was immediately Taken out by Frosmoth and I never even got to attack it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is this so called “difficult” Ice type gym leader really hard? Ice is clearly a bad defensive type. You would have probably have at least one good Fighting type move by now.

She actually has ways to deal with that. Melony's Darmanitan has the aforementioned Zen Mode, which causes its Speed and Attack to dramatically increase while gaining the Fire-type. Melony's Eiscue has Ice Face and uses both Hail and Amnesia to limit your ways of damaging it. And Melony's Lapras has a G-Max Move that halves all damage done to it for the next five turns. If I recall correctly, the majority of her Pokémon also has Aurora Veil (including Lapras).

I actually got lucky going through the game; my Fighting-type happened to be Pangoro with Mold Breaker. He hits hard enough to one-hit KO Darmanitan, and Mold Breaker prevented Eiscue from defending itself via Ice Face.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
She actually has ways to deal with that. Melony's Darmanitan has the aforementioned Zen Mode, which causes its Speed and Attack to dramatically increase while gaining the Fire-type. Melony's Eiscue has Ice Face and uses both Hail and Amnesia to limit your ways of damaging it. And Melony's Lapras has a G-Max Move that halves all damage done to it for the next five turns. If I recall correctly, the majority of her Pokémon also has Aurora Veil (including Lapras).

I actually got lucky going through the game; my Fighting-type happened to be Pangoro with Mold Breaker. He hits hard enough to one-hit KO Darmanitan, and Mold Breaker prevented Eiscue from defending itself via Ice Face.
My Pangoro has Iron Fist which is the main issue I have.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is this so called “difficult” Ice type gym leader really hard? Ice is clearly a bad defensive type. You would have probably have at least one good Fighting type move by now.
If her Darmanitan gets its Zen Mode activated, it'll wipe half your team, and then when you're finally done dealing with it and your healing items are nearly exhausted, Eiscue with its self-refreshing Disguise and Lapras with its Aurora Veil come out.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Her team was a pushover for me until Lapras's defensive butt came out tbh. Even my Cinderace couldn't one-shot it (What with getting an unlucky miss that let her set up and get even MORE defensive)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Her team was a pushover for me until Lapras's defensive butt came out tbh. Even my Cinderace couldn't one-shot it (What with getting an unlucky miss that let her set up and get even MORE defensive)
Everyone with Shield:
The battle was in harmony until the Lapras Nation attacked.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I must say, Sword & Shield is a pretty good game to f*** around in.

I tend to only do that in open world RPGs, where there's freedom to just do stupid stuff. This is a first for me with Pokémon. I actually enjoy just walking around, checking stuff out, going camping, buying clothes, with the occasional tournament or Max Raid battle. This game is very leisurely for me, much like BotW. I can see myself just jumping into this game just for shits and giggles every now and then, which is exactly how I would prefer an open world game.

All in all, SWSH has very much climbed the ladder in my list of favorite Pokémon games.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You know after thinking about it for so long, they’re right: The textures on the trees and rocks really are awful lol.

Of course they won’t impact my enjoyment of the game but they really could have done a lot better in this area.

Also the random weather in the Wild Area is stupid and I hope whatever potential future Wild Area-like location scraps this crap entirely.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know after thinking about it for so long, they’re right: The textures on the trees and rocks really are awful lol.

Of course they won’t impact my enjoyment of the game but they really could have done a lot better in this area.

Also the random weather in the Wild Area is stupid and I hope whatever potential future Wild Area-like location scraps this crap entirely.
I like the random weather, really makes the wild area look like a different location at times but the execution is poor. They need some kind of time-skip system to speed up the change in weather rather than wait for an entire 24 hours for it to change.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

I like the random weather, really makes the wild area look like a different location at times but the execution is poor. They need some kind of time-skip system to speed up the change in weather rather than wait for an entire 24 hours for it to change.
You can change the weather with setting your Switch's date forward by one day. I did it for finding Dreepy.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I do like the random weather, but I wish it was wasn't sprinkled out across the Wild Area. I think there should only be about two separate weather environments within the Wild Area at a time, maybe three considering the Dusty Bowl.

How I would see it, the southern half should rotate between Sunshine, Cloudy Skies, Rain, and Thunderstorms, while the nothern half should rotate between Sunshine, Cloudy Skies, Snow, Blizzards, and Fog. The Dusty Bowl should rotate between Sunshine, Sandstorms, and Rain.

EDIT:
Southern Wild Area (Rolling Fields, Dappled Grove, Lake Axewell, Lake Miloch, Giant's Seat, Watchtower Ruins)
- Sunshine (40%)
- Cloudy Sky (15%)
- Rain (30%)
- Thunderstorm (15%)

Northern Wild Area (Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, Giant's Cap, Giant's Mirror, Bridge Field, Motostoke Riverbank)
- Sunshine (30%)
- Cloudy Sky (15%)
- Snow (30%)
- Blizzard (15%)
- Fog (10%)

Dusty Bowl/Stony Wilderness
- Sunshine (50%)
- Sandstorm (40%)
- Rain (10%)

Last edited: