• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Am I the only one who actually needed to use the xp candy because the exp share wasn't enough?? I mean the final boss was level 70 and the experience from the main game just wasn't enough for me.

Also Zacian was no joke, it took out most of my team before I caught it lol. And that was with all of my pokemon being level 70 too.
I’ve only been using the candies to level up Pokémon that I hatch fast. Otherwise all my story Pokémon are in their high eighties without the use of them. I find it very helpful though for baby Pokémon as I don’t have to exp share through the league over and over now lol

Bus

Cursola is one of my favorite new Pokémon, though perhaps that's because I've always been quite fond of Corsola since it debuted way back when. Too bad both of Cursola's Abilities use its very low Defense, which is why I'm still seeing what to do to use either one, particularly Perish Body, to its fullest potential.

No Polteageist though?

I'm working a bit of Polteageist now. I do want to have a mix of things for when i face my friend in a few weeks. We've got a wedding to go to and afterwards, sicne we're staying at the same hotel, we're going to gather together, hang out, and battle lol.

My Hatterene was nearly maxed and I just got one capable of Gigantamaxing yesterday so I'll have to raise that one up too. I've been hoping to get either a Hatterene or Cursola with its hidden ability, but so far no luck. I've faced 3 'rare', level 5 raids with Cursola yesterday alone and still no hidden ability for it. It may not be fantastic, but if you hold onto that pokemon as a trump card and then switch to something that alternates between protect and fly (or something else that makes hitting it difficult), you could cheese out that final pokemon thanks to Perish Body. At least that's my plan lol.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Any idea on the easiest way to get Eiscue and Feebas?They are both 1% encounters that I am struggling to obtain for my pokedex.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know the Champion theme right? That sounds like a great example of forced Gen 1 fanservice. Out of all the music that SwSh offers, Oleana's theme is the only kind of music that truly sounds like the classic Gen 1-Gen 2 style of music, the kind of music you hear when challenging the Elite Four near the very end of Pokemon Stadium.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Eiscue I just brute-forced. Feebas, I haven't actually bothered to get yet, admittedly.
He’s the one that everybody fears to get idk why the developers make it so hard to get a fish I mean he’s literally a different colored Magikarp that 95% harder to get.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know the Champion theme right? That sounds like a great example of forced Gen 1 fanservice.

What makes it Gen I fan service? The Hall of Fame theme? That's hardly a Gen I exclusive track.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Gen I exclusive track doesn't equal fanservice. Callbacks to Gen I is fan service.

Sorry, I'm a little confused over your response. Let me make sure I understand, are you calling the Hall of Fame theme a callback to Gen I, or is it something else you're talking about?

If you are referring to the Hall of Fame theme, I'd argue it's no more Gen I fan service than Pokémon Centers or Gyms. They're things that exist across the entire series, and using them doesn't mean they're forcing fan service into the game. My assumption is that they used the Hall of Fame theme because they saw it as a theme of the Pokémon League, which it almost is, in a sense.

Speaking of the Hall of Fame, I was disappointed that this game lacked it. The title screen featuring you standing by your team is a cool replacement, but in the moment of victory, I really missed the celebratory aspect of the Hall of Fame. Honestly, I find it surprising that of all games, this would be the one not to use it, given Galar's extreme focus on the league, I would think the Hall of Fame would be an important aspect to memorialize their champions. Not to mention a Hall of Fame works well with the sports-like theme of the Galar League.

I also find it funny that the team pose on the title screen answers one of the first questions that came to my mind during the reveal trailer, which was "Why does the main theme use the Hall of Fame theme?"

Last edited:

Rested

Super Cool thing I learned today! Idk if anyone else know but its possible to get shedinja in any type of ball now!
I just got a shedinja in a Level ball through max raid, before you could only get it in a pokeball

ok I just had to get that off my chest bye people who have no idea who I am xD

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I realized the weather at Lake of Outrage determines which Eeveeloution you get and how it was such a wasted opportunity for a lack of new one with Rock/Ground/Steel-types, as Umbreon appears during sandstorm.

A Sand Stream Rock one or Sand Force/Rush with Ground/Steel ones with appropriate stats would be the perfect replacement for Excadrill.

Bus

Any idea on the easiest way to get Eiscue and Feebas?They are both 1% encounters that I am struggling to obtain for my pokedex.
I got lucky and found my Eiscue in a 5* raid. I wasn't able to find the normal way since those damn Sneasels keep naruto-running at you nonstop.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Why don't you have your backpack on during max raid battles?Like where did it go? Also what happens if you loose the Eternatus fight?

Ultra Beast Lover

Why don't you have your backpack on during max raid battles?Like where did it go? Also what happens if you loose the Eternatus fight?
I looked into that. If you faint the first time you're sent to the Pokemon center and have to watch Leon throw the pokeball and fail again, if you faint during phase 2 you have to rewatch the start of phase 2, if you somehow knock Eternatus out via a cheat and throw a ball at it you can catch Dubwool and the whole scene with Zacian and Zamazenta appearing plays out and you get to knock Eternatus out again.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Any idea when the rest of the kanto started plus the alolan starters will be released?Also when’s Gigantamax Toxicitry gonna be released?

Kantonian

Stupid question (sry). Isn't there any competitive thread for gen 8? I guess there is, but I really can't find it. (In the competitive forum I can only find earlier generations.)

Thx.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Did the servers get hacked again? I was farming Giga Snorlax the past two hours(Broke out more times in one day than it took to catch Drednaw lol) but suddenly it kicked me out and giving me that same 'error' as last time

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Did the servers get hacked again? I was farming Giga Snorlax the past two hours(Broke out more times in one day than it took to catch Drednaw lol) but suddenly it kicked me out and giving me that same 'error' as last time

What's this about the servers being hacked?