• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Did the servers get hacked again? I was farming Giga Snorlax the past two hours(Broke out more times in one day than it took to catch Drednaw lol) but suddenly it kicked me out and giving me that same 'error' as last time
It’s going under maintenance which was specified in an earlier update.

Bus

It’s going under maintenance which was specified in an earlier update.
Maintenance? Hopefully it addresses the abyssal connection rate. A couple of my friend have it and we rarely connect; and after posting my FC in another thread here, I suddenly had like 6 or 7 friend invites from people I don't recognize (so I assume their Serebii folk) but I rarely connect with anyone other than someone named Lazarus.

I'm hoping they improve the connections, even if only a little, so I can continue raid hunting with my friend.

Ultra Beast Lover

What do you guys think would be the best way to handle Leon's Gigantimax Charizard? I'm thinking of having Eternatus use Dynamax Cannon but what are some other ways to do it without Dynamax?

BCVM22

Water-, Electric, or best still, Rock-type. Gigantamax Charizard is still Charizard, just one that’s going to hit you harder and absorb damage on a different scale than a normal size. I’m not sure why you’d want to hamstring yourself like that by having your attacks do normal damage on Gigantamax HP while the opponent keeps dropping Max and G-Max attacks on you, but bring something that can stoutly resist Fire-type attacks and you have a chance, at least.

Last edited:

Bus

Bring with you a Dynamax Water-, Electric-, or best still, Rock-type. Remember, Gigantamax is just a change in size and appearance and one really big Fire-type attack. Get past that and it’s just a big Charizard with defenses and weaknesses identical to any other Charizard.
It does come with a boost in Hp (relative to your Dynamax level), so you can't forget about that. What would hypothetically one-shot a pokemon before might not be enough for one that was dynamaxed thanks to the extra Hp.

The best bet, though, is a Rock move as you suggested. Since Charizard has a 4x weakness to Rock, unless it's holding the berry that reduces Rock damage, you'll likely one-shot it. I know it holds that Berry in the Battle Tower, but I don't think Leon's has it for the E4 battle.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Trick+Choice Specs Orbeetle
Throat Spray/Weakness Policy + Stored Power Orbeetle
Iron Defense + Body Press Orbeetle

Now I just saw Sing + Blunder Policy Lapras and now I'm convinced that Hypnosis + Blunder Policy Orbeetle seems fun too...

Bus

Trick+Choice Specs Orbeetle
Throat Spray/Weakness Policy + Stored Power Orbeetle
Iron Defense + Body Press Orbeetle

Now I just saw Sing + Blunder Policy Lapras and now I'm convinced that Hypnosis + Blunder Policy Orbeetle seems fun too...
Blunder Policy + any of the accuracy risk moves seem like a good idea, really lol. Dynamic Punch (if you don't No Guard), Zap Cannon, and that Fire move that guarantees Burn when it hits. I forget its name.

shoz999

Did the Galar Beginnings competition and I currently stand with a rating of 1563. There are sure a lot of Smogon noobs. I rate the Excadrills and Gyarados a 10/10, the trainer however... I'll keep that opinion to myself but that last match, oh man.

I was going up against a 1600 player, if I had beaten him, I'd got to 1600 but I didn't because there was one Pokemon I and even most players don't seem to consider a lot even though it is so threatening and that is Conkeldurr. I feel so stupid lol for not considering him as a priority threat and looking at the damage calcs for Orbeetle, I should've taken him along instead of having put at the backseat. He sent out his Tyranitar and I instantly knew, this guy was going to Dynamax, so I dynamax my Perrserker and we begin wailing at each other with my Perrserker standing victorious but as soon as he put that Conkeldurr out there, it was then I realized... I messed up.

Baggie_Saiyan

Finally seen the last few Mons on my Shield playthrough!

Eiscue is absolutely hilarious! I burst out laughing when I saw his ice head and then regular face! Love him the same way Cramorant!

Cursola looks cool & tragic at the same time. Poor thing.

Gigantamax Lapras...ngl I was kinda disappointed by the design but tbh I didn't even know if she was in the game since you could surf on Rotom bike so can't complain at all! Plus her sig move gives auto veil is cool!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My friend got Sword today and wants to Nuzlocke it. He always has a theme for his captures’ nicknames but doesn’t have one for this run. Any suggestions?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My friend got Sword today and wants to Nuzlocke it. He always has a theme for his captures’ nicknames but doesn’t have one for this run. Any suggestions?
Make him name his Pokemon after random things like Mailbox!

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover

Something I commonly do when I do a playthrough like a nuzlocke or other such structured run is choose a show or a video game with lots of characters that I enjoy and name all my Pokémon after that.

I did this with a Omega Ruby playthrough where I named my Pokémon after Dragon Age characters. Then I did an all dragon playthrough using dragon god names from various bits of D&D lore. My latest before Sw&Sh was an Ultra Moon playthrough with Naruto names.

Speaking of gods, I did a heart gold nuzlocke naming each Pokémon after a different god from various real world pantheons and mythos. Just another idea.

Bus

I typically either do Greek Gods/Goddesses (which can be hard for male names since Goddess tend to outnumber Gods when you get past the Olympian 12) or Final Fantasy summons.

Nuzlocking for Sword/Shield has got to be rough though, I mean, how do you really do it? You can see pokemon in the wild but there's also random encounters. Plus, if you just spam raid battles, you can accumulate exp candy and rare candies making leveling super easy.

I love to do Nuzlockes, but this gen is so different, I'm not quite sure how to really organize it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I typically either do Greek Gods/Goddesses (which can be hard for male names since Goddess tend to outnumber Gods when you get past the Olympian 12) or Final Fantasy summons.

Nuzlocking for Sword/Shield has got to be rough though, I mean, how do you really do it? You can see pokemon in the wild but there's also random encounters. Plus, if you just spam raid battles, you can accumulate exp candy and rare candies making leveling super easy.

I love to do Nuzlockes, but this gen is so different, I'm not quite sure how to really organize it.
We’ve made it so that each of the subdivisions of the Wild Area like Rolling Fields count as routes. For Raids, we had it so you can only do each den once if you choose to but the Pokémon itself isn’t useable unless you haven’t gotten an encounter yet. Plus having the self control to not abuse them lol.

As for overworld vs random encounters, we had so that you can close your eyes before entering a route or you simply go for randoms only so you don’t chase after the obvious “best” pick. Alternatively, you could go with overworld but you keep it fair by going for the literal first Pokémon that spawns.

Also ty for the suggestions

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, has anyone figured out the enigma that is Gigantamax Garbodor? I am so confused by the thing, and feel like there has to be some sort of story behind it.
  • It's the only non-Kanto or Galar Pokémon to receive a Gigantamax.
  • It has a very random and confusing design with the toys on its body.
  • It was used by Oleana, who otherwise only used Pokémon that represented feminine beauty.
Those three factors suggest to me that there's something going on with it. At the very least, I feel like the thing must have been designed specifically for Oleana to use, as why else would she have on her team? And if it was designed specifically for her, then why didn't they instead design something like Gigantamax Gardevoir which would have fit her team's theme better. I also feel like the toys have to mean something, as Gigantamax typically have some sort of reasoning behind them, but Garbodor has no connection at all to toys or children.

The best I can come up with is that given the fact that Sword and Shield seem to have a seem of childhood versus adulthood, perhaps Gigantamax Garbodor represents a childhood wasted or thrown away, which in turn could have meaning for Oleana's character, though there was nothing in the game otherwise (at least that I noticed) that would imply as much. And even if that is what it means, it still leaves the question of why? Why does Gigantamax Garbordor exist?

Anyone have any other theories?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Did the servers get hacked again? I was farming Giga Snorlax the past two hours(Broke out more times in one day than it took to catch Drednaw lol) but suddenly it kicked me out and giving me that same 'error' as last time

Were the servers really hacked, though? I had assumed that most of the reported errors were caused by technical malfunctions similar to how Pokemon Bank suffered a lot of errors when it was first launched years ago.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Those three factors suggest to me that there's something going on with it. At the very least, I feel like the thing must have been designed specifically for Oleana to use, as why else would she have on her team? And if it was designed specifically for her, then why didn't they instead design something like Gigantamax Gardevoir which would have fit her team's theme better. I also feel like the toys have to mean something, as Gigantamax typically have some sort of reasoning behind them, but Garbodor has no connection at all to toys or children.

The best I can come up with is that given the fact that Sword and Shield seem to have a seem of childhood versus adulthood, perhaps Gigantamax Garbodor represents a childhood wasted or thrown away, which in turn could have meaning for Oleana's character, though there was nothing in the game otherwise (at least that I noticed) that would imply as much. And even if that is what it means, it still leaves the question of why? Why does Gigantamax Garbordor exist?
When she uses Garbodor, Oleana specifically says something about how it is the only thing she kept from her old life. I'm unsure if other text supports this more explicitly or if its in some other background material on the game (I haven't found it yet), but the interpretation I've read is that Oleana grew up very poor and in squalor, and that her only friend was that Trubbish/Garbodor that she still keeps with her. Likewise the presumed explanation for how she gained her position as secretary/vice president is that, much like Bede, Chairman Rose saw potential in her and took her in, supporting and guiding her, hence her extreme devotion to him.

If nothing else, her doing community service in the mines in the postgame indicates Oleana is no stranger to manual labor. Makes me wish she had a trainer card.

shoz999

Don't know about you guys but once you get your Pokemon up to Lv. 100, figure out it's best moves, get itself a good item, make use of your Dynamax and hope that you have at least two good AI partners that can land an attack on their shields, the 5-star Dynamax raids are kind of easy on solo.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
When she uses Garbodor, Oleana specifically says something about how it is the only thing she kept from her old life. I'm unsure if other text supports this more explicitly or if its in some other background material on the game (I haven't found it yet), but the interpretation I've read is that Oleana grew up very poor and in squalor, and that her only friend was that Trubbish/Garbodor that she still keeps with her. Likewise the presumed explanation for how she gained her position as secretary/vice president is that, much like Bede, Chairman Rose saw potential in her and took her in, supporting and guiding her, hence her extreme devotion to him.

If nothing else, her doing community service in the mines in the postgame indicates Oleana is no stranger to manual labor. Makes me wish she had a trainer card.

She said something like that during the battle? I'm not sure how I could have missed that, but alright. So that explains why she has one, but doesn't really help to explain its design or why it even exists in the first place.

Why doesn’t Olena have a league card?

Why would she? She's not a part of the league.

However, she does appear in one of Rose's cards.