• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What happened to Chairman Rose after the game?

It's stated by some NPCs that Rose turned himself in. So he's probably sitting in a jail cell somewhere.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Until the sequel when he breaks outta jail.

I don't think that's what he would do. It was explicitly stated that he turned himself in, and he seemed truly remorseful after you defeated him in battle. It wouldn't make sense that all to happen, only for him to break himself out. Not to mention, he wasn't really even evil to begin with, only obsessive and misguided. Even if he didn't turn himself in, I just don't see someone like him trying to escape. If we do get sequels, I don't think that Rose will be a villain in them.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I was looking through the main site for documentation, but apparently this gen 50-50 gender ratio was screwed to be in favour of males(50.2 males, 49.8 females), similar to how 1-to-4 ratios were screwed in favour of the larger majority.

As a side note, Failinks is the first single stage Pokémon in the franchise to give 3 EVs in total, due its signature move No Retreat. Previously, only some select amount of two stagers and three stagers gave this much EVs.

Interestingly enough, there is no single stagers in this generation that give away 1 EV in total. Even Indeedee, the weakest new Pokémon, gives 2 EVs in total. Last two generations only had two Pokémon 1 EV totals, Klefki and Wishiwashi, respectively. I guess this means they are indeed planning to bring back babies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I was looking through the main site for documentation, but apparently this gen 50-50 gender ratio was screwed to be in favour of males(50.2 males, 49.8 females), similar to how 1-to-4 ratios were screwed in favour of the larger majority.

That's strange, but I hardly think it matters. That's still essentially a 50-50 ratio for all intents and purposes.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Interestingly enough, there is no single stagers in this generation that give away 1 EV in total. Even Indeedee, the weakest new Pokémon, gives 2 EVs in total. Last two generations only had two Pokémon 1 EV totals, Klefki and Wishiwashi, respectively. I guess this means they are indeed planning to bring back babies.
Nitpick, but Pincurchin has a lower base stat total than Indeedee. And we also already got a new baby in Toxel (unable to breed, really low stats).

Zachmac

Don't know about you guys but once you get your Pokemon up to Lv. 100, figure out it's best moves, get itself a good item, make use of your Dynamax and hope that you have at least two good AI partners that can land an attack on their shields, the 5-star Dynamax raids are kind of easy on solo.
Yeah, thats because none of them are over level 70. I feel like it was a bit of a waste not to have super challenging raids that practically needed other players to help with, but oh well.

They're still kind of fun regardless though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I feel like it was a bit of a waste not to have super challenging raids that practically needed other players to help with, but oh well.

Please no. I'd rather not be reliant on other people.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, thats because none of them are over level 70. I feel like it was a bit of a waste not to have super challenging raids that practically needed other players to help with, but oh well.

I think it's better off that you can eventually do them all without other people, because there will be times when you can't find other people (such as when you're playing on the go).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Uh.... ain't that raids in general? The AI only ever uses useless garbage, you practically need at least one human with you or the dumb AI is going to get you booted due to them dying too much

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Uh.... ain't that raids in general? The AI only ever uses useless garbage, you practically need at least one human with you or the dumb AI is going to get you booted due to them dying too much
You can win using the AI allies, it just may take several tries. Basically you need to hope you get partners that actually attack and that resist the raid boss (and/or have abilities that support the pokemon you are using). Solrock and Wobbuffet seem to be the most useless of the partners, simply because more often than not they seem to go for boosting moves that the raid boss is going to annul in a turn anyway when just attacking would be useful for getting its shields down (or in Wobbuffet's case, also using Counter or Mirror Coat that would do a ton of damage except the raid boss rarely targets them unless it can knock them out in one move).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There's also how they seem to take a MAJOR jump in durability if you bring in a Pokémon at Level 100. Not even 99, but once you reach 100, they're able to take a hit and keep going. Offense-wise, you'll still need to pick up their slack, but they stop dying left and right, even against Gigantamax Pokémon at Level 70, once you bring in something at Level 100.

Zachmac

There's also how they seem to take a MAJOR jump in durability if you bring in a Pokémon at Level 100. Not even 99, but once you reach 100, they're able to take a hit and keep going. Offense-wise, you'll still need to pick up their slack, but they stop dying left and right, even against Gigantamax Pokémon at Level 70, once you bring in something at Level 100.
Their stats don't change, they just have a maximum amount of damage they can take before their barrier goes up. You can see this with moves like Dragon Darts, where the first hit might do a large amount of damage and the second hit does practically none.
Please no. I'd rather not be reliant on other people.

I think it's better off that you can eventually do them all without other people, because there will be times when you can't find other people (such as when you're playing on the go).
At the same time I feel like it kind of kills the point of raid battles if you don't fight alongside other players, but if you and your friends bring strong enough pokemon to even the most difficult raids you can cleanly beat one in under two turns.

I think part of the reason that its hard to get players to join your raids (aside from the stamp system kind of sucking) is that there's just not much incentive to get a group together.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
@Zachmac Oh, I'm not talking about the giant Pokémon; I'm talking about the computer players assigned to fill in the missing slots when you have less than 4 people participating.

If it became impossible for you to clear a raid on your own, there would be even fewer people bothering to try, because I reckon most will eventually give up after attempting to do so solo enough times. The majority of Max Raid Battles I do are done solo, which is largely either because I'm playing by myself in a place where I can't bring my Switch online or because the dens won't reset until I clear all remaining raids and people aren't too inclined to join the 3- or 4-star ones or for low-demand Pokémon.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
At the same time I feel like it kind of kills the point of raid battles if you don't fight alongside other players, but if you and your friends bring strong enough pokemon to even the most difficult raids you can cleanly beat one in under two turns.
I'm pretty sure a major point of the raid battles is to give other players the chance to take part in rare raids they may have trouble finding otherwise, not to make it so that other players are needed to win (hence why they made it a point from the very first time the max raids were announced that you could do them with AI partners).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

And if you ask me, that's a problem. Max Raid Battles are main game content in a single-player game. It's bad game design to force people to use multiplayer in a single player game.

BCVM22

They're definitely not main game content. You can go the entirety of a game without ever participating in a Max Raid battle.

There are certain ancillary elements you can't obtain (or will have difficulty obtaining) if you don't. But that doesn't make them main game content.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They're definitely not main game content. You can go the entirety of a game without ever participating in a Max Raid battle.

There are certain ancillary elements you can't obtain (or will have difficulty obtaining) if you don't. But that doesn't make them main game content.

They're built into the main structure of the game directly and are designed as the main attraction of the Wild Area, which in turn is a major part of the main game. And you said it yourself, they're the only way to get Gigantamax Pokémon, which makes them necessary for people who want to use them. I'd say that all makes it main game content. Being optional doesn't preclude it from being a part of the main game.

BCVM22

Being optional doesn't preclude it from being a part of the main game.

That's... exactly what being optional does? If we define "the main game" as what needs to be done in order to get yourself from Postwick up to Wyndon and back, again, in what way are Max Raid battles "main game content"?

For years, we've been able to mix records or spin Poké Blocks or get difficulty keys from someone else's game or collect Friend Safaris or lord remembers what other elements we've gotten that encourage you to interact with other players. The rewards for Max Raid battles are far more lucrative, sure, but how are Max Raid battles any more "main game content" than any of those other elements, aside from the fact that they utilize this generation's new mechanic?

And better still, Max Raid battles don't ask anything of you that the franchise hasn't asked of you from the very beginning, which is "have (a) friend(s) with whom to play the game." They are promoted and focused upon, to be sure, but to call that "main game content" is a very loose definition of the term.

Last edited: