• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If you count Mt. Lanakila as a Victory Road (which it really isn't, but clearly Game Freak wanted us to pretend it is), then a snow cave high in the mountains has been done. A temple could be cool and complex, though we did get ruins in Black and White 2's Victory Road.
That... I was... you know I was being sarcastic right? Alola Victory Road - Snow Cave. Kalos Victory Road = High in the mountains. Unova Victory Road = Indiana Jones Temple.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That... I was... you know I was being sarcastic right? Alola Victory Road - Snow Cave. Kalos Victory Road = High in the mountains. Unova Victory Road = Indiana Jones Temple.

Nope, I did not realize at all.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
All right, I've done some testing of my own, and here's what I've found:

When you Dynamax Silvally, Multi-Attack will take on the Max Move of the type of Memory Silvally is holding, if any. It will come up in move selection as Max Strike, and it'll say "Effective" or "Not very effective" based on the Normal-type, but it will come out as the Max Move when Silvally executes it. For instance, if you're up against a Steel-type and Silvally has a Fire Memory, you will see "Max Strike - Not very effective," but if you select it anyway, it will become Max Flare and deal super-effective damage. However, Multi-Attack is at 120 base power, and when it becomes a Max Move, it drops to 95, so you might be better off keeping Silvally as is, especially in Max Raid Battles if other people are present. The one type where this might be advantageous is Fighting, since Max Knuckle's power is lower than the other types and 95 plus the Attack boost might be worth it.

Dynamaxed Weather Ball has a power of 130 and, if it's raining, sunny, hailing, or sandstorming, will change itself to Max Geyser, Max Flare, Max Hailstorm, or Max Rockfall respectively. They also remain at a power of 130. Like with Multi-Attack, it will be displayed as Max Strike, but, if memory serves me right, will accurately reflect whether something is super-effective, effective, or not very effective. Max Geyser and Max Flare, of course, receive the damage boost from the weather conditions. However, since said weather has to be present to turn into these moves, they are not capable of setting the weather themselves. Weather Ball on a Gigantamax Pokémon that matches up with its G-Max move becomes that G-Max move (G-Max Wildfire on Gigantamax Charizard if it's sunny, G-Max Resonance on Gigantamax Lapras if it's hailing), even if it displays as Max Strike. Nevertheless, you could use Weather Ball on a Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed Pokémon to keep your opponents guessing how your Jolteon suddenly used Max Flare or how Torkoal suddenly threw out Max Geyser (as situational as it is).

The Pokérus can now spread by running from a battle. It can also be spread by participating in a Max Raid Battle. To my knowledge, it cannot spread from one team member to another in a Max Raid Battle, but I have only battled with strangers using a Pokémon in an infectious stage of the Pokérus.

Ice Face, as documented here on this site, can only be restored from Noice in two ways: if Hail is set up that turn or if Eiscue is switched in while hailing. Bulbapedia says Ice Face is restored only once per setting of Hail, but this is incorrect, as Eiscue can regain Ice Face multiple times if it switches out and back in. Bringing in a Pokémon with Snow Warning or using Max Hailstorm counts as setting Hail, and Eiscue can restore itself. Now, what I find real interesting is that if you attach Rocky Helmet onto Eiscue and damage from a physical contact move causes it to go into Noice Face, Eiscue will not take damage (unless the user has an Ability nullifier like Mold Breaker or Stalwart), but the user of the attack will still lose 1/6 of its maximum HP from Rocky Helmet anyway.

No but I wouldn’t be surprised if one day they decide to have introduce a region which happens to be Yungoos’s original habitat

Mongooses are native to the Indian Subcontinent (they are present in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and Myanmar). Yungoos and Gumshoos, I would say, are probably native to the same as-of-yet unknown region as Cufant and Copperajah. It would be interesting to get a region based on this part of the world. Maybe we'll finally get a proper peafowl Pokémon.

For the record, Corphish and Crawdaunt are based specfically on Procambarus clarkii, best known as the Louisiana Crawfish or the Mudbug. Its natural habitat is around the Gulf of Mexico, but it is a notorious invasive species in many other parts of the world. They are present in Japan, UK, and France, but they remain limited in numbers and have stabilized themselves within the native ecosystem, which might tie into why you only see Corphish and Crawdaunt in certain spots in these games. (On the other hand, they're running wild in southern Europe, Kenya, and parts of Southeast Asia.) If they ever make a region based on the southern or southeastern United States or northeastern Mexico, they'll likely identify that region as where these Pokémon originated.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
However, Multi-Attack is at 120 base power, and when it becomes a Max Move, it drops to 95

Well that's odd. I don't think I've ever even seen a Max Move with less than a 100 power, let alone a move that drops in power. Why in the world would that happen?

Mongooses are native to the Indian Subcontinent (they are present in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and Myanmar). Yungoos and Gumshoos, I would say, are probably native to the same as-of-yet unknown region as Cufant and Copperajah. It would be interesting to get a region based on this part of the world. Maybe we'll finally get a proper peafowl Pokémon.

For the record, Corphish and Crawdaunt are based specfically on Procambarus clarkii, best known as the Louisiana Crawfish or the Mudbug. Its natural habitat is around the Gulf of Mexico, but it is a notorious invasive species in many other parts of the world. They are present in Japan, UK, and France, but they remain limited in numbers and have stabilized themselves within the native ecosystem, which might tie into why you only see Corphish and Crawdaunt in certain spots in these games. (On the other hand, they're running wild in southern Europe, Kenya, and parts of Southeast Asia.) If they ever make a region based on the southern or southeastern United States or northeastern Mexico, they'll likely identify that region as where these Pokémon originated.

Just want to point out again that animal habits in real life have no bearing on Pokémon habitats in the Pokémon world. Yungoos, Copperajah and Corphish could just as easily be from anywhere else in the Pokémon World.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Max raids for Shedinja are in the game actually, and make for quite funny battles as Shedinja starts by setting up a ton of barriers, but still is defeated instantly by any move capable of causing damage to it.

They exist? I haven't encountered one yet, nor has one popped up in my notifications. They must be very rare.

Well that's odd. I don't think I've ever even seen a Max Move with less than a 100 power, let alone a move that drops in power. Why in the world would that happen?

Just want to point out again that animal habits in real life have no bearing on Pokémon habitats in the Pokémon world. Yungoos, Copperajah and Corphish could just as easily be from anywhere else in the Pokémon World.

Most likely, Multi-Attack decreases in power so Silvally won't be the only Pokémon you'd need in Max Raid Battles. Otherwise, you can just equip whatever Memory is best for the situation, and there would be no need to use anything else. A lot of Fighting-type moves also decrease in power when they become max Knuckle too, actually. Go ahead, take a look. Almost all of the most commonly used Fighting-type moves are like this. 100 power is where they peak.

And yes, I know that they make a lot of geographical liberties when it comes to habitats, which is why I used "probably" and "likely." Should these regions come around, I think those Pokémon have a good chance of appearing in their regional Pokédxes though.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Most likely, Multi-Attack decreases in power so Silvally won't be the only Pokémon you'd need in Max Raid Battles. Otherwise, you can just equip whatever Memory is best for the situation, and there would be no need to use anything else. A lot of Fighting-type moves also decrease in power when they become max Knuckle too, actually. Go ahead, take a look. Almost all of the most commonly used Fighting-type moves are like this. 100 power is where they peak.

This also applies to Max Ooze, presumably because Max Knuckle and Ooze are capable of boosting the user's offensive stats, and somehow in GameFreak's mind this is perfectly balanced out by a slight reduction in base power.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
One criticism I've heard about the games is that Gamefreak didn't "bother" to make an animation for the Corniknight fast travel. So I find it interesting that in fact they made two animations. One being a simple animation in the corner of the screen that you see if it takes a bit for the area you're traveling to to load, and the other is a gen seven-style animation you see when using the overworld Corviknights in Wyndon.

Personally I'm glad that regular flying is such a quick transition. As cool as watching Charizard swoop down in gen 7 was, it did get old having to see it played over again and again. So making a flying animation that you only see in one city was a cool compromise in my book.

Baggie_Saiyan

I think GF biggest misstep in regards to Dexit was not doing it when XY happened. The model exuse I am sure would have been more palatable for fans to take but I think they wanted to cash in on Bank and with HOME coming now I assume that Bank perhaps didn't do that well and that not putting all Mons in ShSw probably won't matter in case something similar happens, for eg they strenuously put all Mons in SwSh and HOME comes along and then not many people pay the sub fee.

DaddyOak

how about saying 800 pokemon is the cap and moving on from there wich would still be bad but way more logical.

a ton of rpg's have way more than 400 creatures. pokemon doesnt have the biggest amount of creatures now. it's like people make a big deal of the dex being that big. their where already rpg's with 700 800+ creatures.

i mean 800+ to 400 including new ones is a bit rough

They have enough funds and they make more profit than companies who invest multiple times the amount to create a game. their budget is cheap as chips.
They could have easily kept it going. these games even with 800 pokemon had low developement costs compared to other big titles. it's just a fraction.
it could have been one of their main selling points. they could have easily done that with massive profits let's be honest. the dexit was never needed. even if we where to reach a point with say 2000 creatures. pokemon dev costs is multiple times lowers than games that make way less. people are overestimating how much effort it is. tons of game devs invest way more for less profits. also let's not forget that even with the small team and low budget they made it happen in sun & moon for 800 pokemon why not in sword 7 shield with around 800?

it's like literrally a top 3 console franchise in terms of earnings in some years even ranked 1 yet the dev costs are multiple times lower reaching smaller 3rd party costs. pokemon had the funds to make it happen and it would barely make a dent in the profits while avoiding bad rep. that's just me though.

also the profit margin for these games even if one of the biggest of videogame standards is low compared to merch. but isn't it even better for good advertisment for their merch? also the anime featuring pokemon that never could be used in sword & shield

lugia garchomp why?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Snom is the cutest Pokemon introduced, try to change my mind about it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

This picture should do the trick.
885.png

Let me use this as a segway to express my love for the Dragapult line. When I first evolved my Dreepy, having no idea what it was going to evolve into, I had the slightest twinge of disapointment at losing it's cuteness, so when I saw Drakoak had a Dreepy sitting on its head, I burst out in laughter. I began to affectionately call the Dreepy on the head "Baby Dreepy." It only got better with Dragapult. The fact that the Dreepy actually like being used as weapons make it even more hilarious. Then I later on realized that Dragapult is supposed to be based on a B-2 Stealth Bomber, and I loved it even more. Dragapult is easily my favorite Pokemon aside from Eternatus to come out of Galar, and even one of my all-time non-Legendary favorites. My only disappointment is I was pretty much forced to change my game's clock in order to catch one before beating the game. If I didn't, then I would have beat the game before ever getting the proper weather condition, and lost the chance to have Dreepy on my team. That really wasn't that good of an idea on Game Freak's part.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope after this Giga event ends, they up the apple's and others. I've yet to see a single Gigantimax in my world that isn't from the event...

Yamper and Dreepy?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I hope after this Giga event ends, they up the apple's and others. I've yet to see a single Gigantimax in my world that isn't from the event...

Yamper and Dreepy?
You think a Corgi Puppy is more cuter than a butt-faced creepy crawly bug?