• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Some more testing:

Sheer Force affects Max Moves. The weather-setting, terrain-setting, stat changes, status condition-inflicting, rock-stealthing, etc. of Max Moves are considered secondary effects as far as Sheer Force is concerned, and due to that, if a Pokémon with Sheer Forces undergoes Dynamax or Gigantamax, its Max Moves won't do the additional effect but will be 30% stronger. This is an important thing to know if you bring in something with Sheer Force to Battle Tower or multiplayer, and you'll have to decide if the tradeoff is worth it. In particular, there are two Gigantamax Pokémon with Sheer Force: Kingler (Hidden Ability) and Copperajah (standard Ability). You won't be able to do the harsh Speed drop with G-Max Foam Burst or lay steel shards with G-Max Steelsurge if they have Sheer Force.

Sweet Veil remains unchanged. Since Pastel Veil removes Poison when Ponyta or Rapidash is switched in, I tested to see if Pokémon with Sweet Veil would wake up sleeping Pokémon when switched in too. It doesn't, but this is probably for the best as it would make Rest way too overpowered. I haven't tested Aroma Veil yet (I will do that eventually), and Flower Veil is not available in this game.

These are my personal preferred locations for EV-training. The Pokémon are incredibly common in the area, they are all overworld encounters, and they either have an exit nearby so you can refresh the overworld encounters, or there are just so many in the area that you can do it all in one go. If they're in the Wild Area, they are present no matter what weather there is. Numbers in parentheses are the default number of points given out in that stat:
HP - Galar Mine No. 2 - Shellos (1), Stunfisk (2), and Gastrodon (2)
Attack - Dappled Grove - Pancham (1) and Pangoro (2)
Defense - Route 9, Outer Spikemuth - Mareanie (1) and Bergmite (1)
Sp. Attack - Route 8, North Area - Snom (1)
Sp. Defense - Route 4 - Gossifleur (1)
Speed - Route 7 - Liepard (2) and Galvantula (2)

While I do love being able to EV train solely by vitamins now, there is no other fast way to EV train! SOS battles were a step down from Hordes but at least it was still faster than whatever one can do in SWSH (aside from the aforementioned vitamins)

There is. The overworld encounters make regular EV training a lot faster, since you no longer have to roll the dice via random grass encounters. You can pick a place with a lot of Pokémon wandering out in the open who give out points in those stats. With Pokérus and the Power Items, I was able to go from 0 to full EVs in about 15 to 20 minutes, which is faster than even SOS Battling in the Alola games due to me being allowed to choose what I want to battle. (I've detailed the above for where I go to do EV-training.)

Bede going from Psychic to Fairy gave off a lot of very uncomfortable vibes due to it essentially being forced on him after Opal got her claws on him

Granted, Bede isn't a very pleasant individual, so maybe forcibly altering his personality was for the best

Opal is one of those eccentric artists, and an eccentric artist makes for an eccentric mentor. I feel like while it is not the most ideal of relationships, it is still better than the one he had with Rose. At least Opal has genuine faith in Bede's skills and isn't using him to further herself. (Bede has also shown himself to have more potential as a Fairy-type Gym Leader than he ever did as a Psychic-type Gym Challenger, even if it's a bummer that he never finishes training his Solosis and Gothita to their final stages.)

Also, speaking of Bede, anyone have any guesses on how to pronounce his name?

It is pronounced like "bead." The other languages have his name be themed on beets.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
"Bead" really is how the given name is pronounced though. It's a rare name, but it actually exists in the real world. you might as well pronounce Sonia's name as "suh-NYE-ah."

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Found that, if you change the weather in battle, Raihan comments on it. Little details like that always make smile

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Found that, if you change the weather in battle, Raihan comments on it. Little details like that always make smile
Leon apparently makes comments if you show up with Eternatus to the Championship match.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh my goodness. I just understood Runerigus' Dex entry about the "horrifying process which carved it into the stone". It's referring to the overly convoluted evolution method and the screams of anguish players have while trying to evolve it.

Ultra Beast Lover

Oh my goodness. I just understood Runerigus' Dex entry about the "horrifying process which carved it into the stone". It's referring to the overly convoluted evolution method and the screams of anguish players have while trying to evolve it.
I'm thinking this might be the convolution generation. Convoluted evolution methods, convoluted reason for attacking Rose's tower, and...no I think that's it

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does Pia have some connection with Milo? I was watching a video of the other gym challengers on YouTube & noticed that Pia says this after you beat her:

“Milo’s as stubborn as weeds, but I still have a long way to go.”

When I see this, I can’t help but wonder if she’s related to him, she looks up to him, or she’s his apprentice since they have the same sponsor

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Does Pia have some connection with Milo? I was watching a video of the other gym challengers on YouTube & noticed that Pia says this after you beat her:

“Milo’s as stubborn as weeds, but I still have a long way to go.”

When I see this, I can’t help but wonder if she’s related to him, she looks up to him, or she’s his apprentice since they have the same sponsor

Who's Pia?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Many tkanks!
I still don't get why there was no Psychic-type one created.
Well, there wasn’t a Fairy type one or a Dark type one created either. They must not have done it because Bede & Marnie specialize in those types (though I still don’t get why since they covered all of the gym leaders’s types).

Personally, while I’m a little annoyed that the gym challengers are basically just reskinned NPCs in-game, I still love this concept since it adds a new layer to the gym challenge concept. We’ve been seeing these characters in the background all through the gyms, so it’s nice to finally battle them & now I kind of want to know more about them.

The only thing I wish is that they got more of an emphasis in the first tournament (after earning 8 badges) since their teams could’ve been used to promote some of the other Gigantamax pokémon. For example, Yue could’ve had Gigantamax Snorlax, Polairs could’ve had Gigantamax Orbretle, Icla could’ve had Gigantamax Toxtricity, Corvin could’ve had Gigantamax Pikachu, Dune could’ve had Gigantamax Sandaconda, & Vega could’ve had Gigantamax Kingler

Last edited: