• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
There's so much more I could mention, but stuff like makes really want to see an expansion/sequel to Sword/Shield. So many things are left unexplained or have lost potential, so I hope something comes out to fix this.
If they do I hope it's a genuine sequel. We haven't had one in quite a while, and it might reduce criticisms most third versions get (i.e. them being the same game but just polished and with a somewhat different story).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
If they do I hope it's a genuine sequel. We haven't had one in quite a while, and it might reduce criticisms most third versions get (i.e. them being the same game but just polished and with a somewhat different story).
It would be nice to get a sequel but admittingly a bit tricky given how the third Legendary (Eternatus) is already integrated into the plot of Sword/Shield, something that is typically seen in third versions and sequels. USUM did add new Pokémon mid-gen but they were all Ultra Beasts or Mythicals, not sure how the games can justify chucking new Legendaries out of the blue.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I honestly can’t see SwSh getting a third version or two enhanced versions. They seem pretty complete from a story standpoint and all three major Legendaries had a major role in the games’ main story which is something that only Emerald and Platinum had ever done. ORAS doesn’t quite count as Rayquaza never stopped the Box Legendary and you never interacted with it until the post game. I think DP enhanced remakes are more likely to happen.

Orphalesion

I don't know about that one. I feel like the point was that that scientist was extremely sloppy and unprofessional, hence why she's set up shop in the middle of a route and looks all dirty. While there are certainly things that could have used more effort, I think that was done on purpose.

Maybe, but even then they could have given her like a messy, run-down, dodgy-looking laboratory in some back-alley in Stow-on-Side. With dirty beakers and spilled chemicals and stuff like that. Her just standing on the wayside with that machine doesn't seem "in character messy" but rather "messy level design because we had to stick her somewhere". At least to me. I of course can't say for sure.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I honestly can’t see SwSh getting a third version or two enhanced versions. They seem pretty complete from a story standpoint and all three major Legendaries had a major role in the games’ main story which is something that only Emerald and Platinum had ever done. ORAS doesn’t quite count as Rayquaza never stopped the Box Legendary and you never interacted with it until the post game. I think DP enhanced remakes are more likely to happen.
True, with the Sinnoh region being as big as it is, I think I’d rather have a D/P remake that uses Sword & Shield’s strengths and tries to improve its flaws rather than feeling burned out from Galar with another installment. Plus, if we do get a reboot, we now have two possible replacements for the Wild Area by having enhanced versions of either Amity Park or the Trophy Garden

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I agree with a lot of the people that say that this game should have been delayed. There just seems a lot that was not quite finished.

Like...two things I find *really* suspicious are

1) that factory on Route 3. Sonia just points at it and tells you about it, there is a path leading to it (only blocked by a very filmy string fence). It just seems like that was supposed to be a location, but they couldn't finish it in time
2)The fossil lady just standing around route 6 with her defosilization machine, instead of being in a laboratory. That just seems really sloppy and like they had to put her there because her proper location was cut from the finished release.

I'm also wondering whether something about the story was cut or retooled to accomodate cuts. Since both the plot and most sub-plots kinda just stop by the time you beat Opal. "Congratulations Sonia, you're the professor now!" "Congratulations Bede, you get abducted by Opal!"

That building on Route 3, in particular, looks like it was going to be either some story point or a dungeon. For that matter, there were many places that could've been dungeons, such as Hammerlocke Stadium (both the power plant below and the castle above), the large building to the east in Hammerlocke, Spikemuth as a whole (and I get the beat-em-up references to Piers's trial, but I would've liked to access more buildings), Rose of the Rondelands (which is the only hotel whose rooms you can't visit), the lake by Professor Magnolia's place, the warehouses and lower districts of Motostoke, the ruins around Turffield, the Diglett/Dugtrio cliffside statues on Route 6, and something, anything in Ballonlea.

There's also how the story of Tema Yell feels very incomplete. They just do a lot of bumbling around for most of the game, then everything is explained over at Spikemuth. Piers, despite being its leader, does nothing with them. By the time you meet Piers face to face, Team Yell has pretty much been disbanded.

Looking at New Pokemon and their stat distrubition Sorward and Shielbert should either have Sirfetch'd and Runerigus as their Access or they could have given them G-Max Kingler and Sandaconda respectively (which no one uses).

The theme for Sordward's and Shielbert's Pokémon are that the former's Pokémon have blades and the latter's Pokémon have shields. They aren't necessarily fragile damage-doers nor walls. (Falinks on Shielbert's team is the best example; it was likely chosen because the Falinks units all carry shields as their weapons.) Would've been nice to see them both have Aegislash on their final encounters though.

I don't know about that one. I feel like the point was that that scientist was extremely sloppy and unprofessional, hence why she's set up shop in the middle of a route and looks all dirty. While there are certainly things that could have used more effort, I think that was done on purpose.

I feel like even with that, she might at least have a little shack, something for you to go in. From a gameplay standpoint, that would make it look more like a unique service rather than possibly a trainer to battle.

No matter what, the criticisms will still be there, though it's mostly a western thing, as expanded re-releases are a common sight in Japan, a country where DLC is still viewed with suspicion and there's a substantial market of collectors who would prefer expanded re-releases as they get to buy another thing of the franchise they're fans of. The idea is that these updated versions, from the perspective of western critics, should've been the initial releases to begin with, be DLC to allow the previous version owners to get up to speed without buying it, or to offer the new story and such as DLC at a reduced cost.

You can see it in the sales too. Black 2 and White 2 were the ones that changed the most, at least so far, but they were among the worst-selling main series Pokémon games outside of Japan, as well as having some of the worst reviews. Looking at them sold in stores, westerners tend to think "cash-grab," "looks the same," or "why does this even exist?" Within Japan, though, the people practically ate it up. Japanese sales of Black 2 and White 2 make up approximately 50% of worldwide sales for the game where it's more often 25% to 35%.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
True, with the Sinnoh region being as big as it is, I think I’d rather have a D/P remake that uses Sword & Shield’s strengths and tries to improve its flaws rather than feeling burned out from Galar with another installment. Plus, if we do get a reboot, we now have two possible replacements for the Wild Area by having enhanced versions of either Amity Park or the Trophy Garden
They can't make either of those areas a Wild Area without messing with Sinnoh's map layout.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You can see it in the sales too. Black 2 and White 2 were the ones that changed the most, at least so far, but they were among the worst-selling main series Pokémon games outside of Japan, as well as having some of the worst reviews. Looking at them sold in stores, westerners tend to think "cash-grab," "looks the same," or "why does this even exist?" Within Japan, though, the people practically ate it up. Japanese sales of Black 2 and White 2 make up approximately 50% of worldwide sales for the game where it's more often 25% to 35%
I still don’t get why other Westerners feel this way. While I admit the Team Plasma plot of BW2 wasn’t as strong as Black & White, they’re still my favorite third installment because they were a complete sequel with a different storyline, extra content, old pokémon to please fan outrage from the last game, and tons of post game content.

If anything, USUM felt more like a cash grab when compared to Sun & Moon, though from what I’ve seen in reviews Westerners weren’t as hard on it as they were with BW2 for some reason

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't know how to feel about Curry in SW/SH. I like the idea of cooking and mixing ingredients and whatever. But i feel like im going to break my Joycon everytime i try to Stir the pot in Handheld mode.

I think the only place they could make a "Wild Area" in Sinnoh would be the Fight Area and that whole island.

Amity Park and the Garden are way to small.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't know how to feel about Curry in SW/SH. I like the idea of cooking and mixing ingredients and whatever. But i feel like im going to break my Joycon everytime i try to Stir the pot in Handheld mode.
You can detach the Right Joy Con and use motion controls for cooking. That’s what I do and I get great results with most of my curries being Copperajah Class being the most often.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone else think Bea should’ve had Grapploct or Falinks on her team for the main gym battle? I just think either of them fit the other three in her roster better than Sirfetch’d does

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Does anyone else think Bea should’ve had Grapploct or Falinks on her team for the main gym battle? I just think either of them fit the other three in her roster better than Sirfetch’d does

I think Sirfetched is mostly fine but I would replace Hitmontop with a Falinks and add a Grapploct to make her gym more challenging.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Me, trying to sleep in the middle of the night: Hopefully I can get a good night's sleep with no interuptions.

My bladder:

Seriously though, I've considered getting a copy of Let's Go Pikachu (even though I hear it's not a great game) so I can get that Gigantamaxing Pikachu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:

I have to admit that some of the Gym Leader rosters during the main storyline are strange to me, hers especially. She could have easily had an Otosupasu (Grapploct) in place of Kapoerer (Hitmontop) at least. But speaking of Tairetsu (Falinks), I consider it to be one of my least favorite Gen VIII Pokemon overall.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Me, trying to sleep in the middle of the night: Hopefully I can get a good night's sleep with no interuptions.

My bladder:

Seriously though, I've considered getting a copy of Let's Go Pikachu (even though I hear it's not a great game) so I can get that Gigantamaxing Pikachu.

Just rent the game from redbox or a library then make a profile on it then return it.Thats what I’m doing to get the Eevee since I have Pikachu

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think Sirfetched is mostly fine but I would replace Hitmontop with a Falinks and add a Grapploct to make her gym more challenging.

I have to admit that some of the Gym Leader rosters during the main storyline are strange to me, hers especially. She could have easily had an Otosupasu (Grapploct) in place of Kapoerer (Hitmontop) at least. But speaking of Tairetsu (Falinks), I consider it to be one of my least favorite Gen VIII Pokemon overall.
Actually, Hitmontop is one of the Pokémon I could see being on Bea’s team, or at least more than Sirfetch’d does. It’s more closely related to mixed martial arts than Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee, and karate involves a lot of punching and kicking rather than just one or the other. Plus, the whole top gimmick kind of relates to how some people study karate to keep calm, control their anger, and find balance (something I kind of notice Bea does specifically through her dialogue)