1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.9%
  2. Yep

10.1%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.0%
  1. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Some Pokémon I’m hoping will be in one of the DLC areas are Absol, Swablu and Altaria, and Dunsparce. I think it would be fun to be digging for treasures in a cave and on rare occasions a Dunsparce just randomly jumps out of the hole you made. Swablu and Altaria seem to be perfect for the Isle of Armor since it appears to be a mountainous area and seeing Altaria flying high over a mountain range seems like the ideal place for it. Absol seems at home in the Crown Tundra.

2. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Soooo, I was exploring the Wild Area trying to fill my Dex and I was referring to Serebii's location data and this just happened:

[​IMG]

There's intense sun in Hammerlocke Hills right now and Honedge are appearing. Both Serebii and the in game dex say this isn't supposed to be possible.

[​IMG]

And then if that wasn't enough, I encountered a Milotic in Lake of Outrage during a Thunderstorm, which also isn't supposed to be possible:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is my game glitched or did they just not include these in the encounter methods because the Wild Area is such a monster to keep track of every Pokemon obtainable? I feel like I'm going mad here. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see Missignos pop up.

3. MagicEspeon

MagicEspeon P. F. Magician

@Bolt the Cat I don't know the exact weather in which Hondedge appears but for Milotic its because since you approached it from an area that was foggy the game loaded in the Lake of Outrage's foggy spawns when you initially approached it. You can kind of cheat the weather in that way if a patch of grass or water is really close to another part of the Wild Area.

Ophie and Ubermuk like this.
  4. Bolt the Cat

Hmm, interesting glitch. The same thing seems to have happened with Honedge, because the dex indicates that it's catchable in Fog and Snow (I attached the screenshot showing which weather it's supposed to appear in), and that patch of grass is near Giant's Cap which is where the Fog is right now.

Also, that totally sounds like something that would trigger a Missingno to actually appear under the right circumstances (it would have to not know what Pokemon to pull up as you switch areas). Makes me wonder what Missingno would look like in the overworld.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Ophie likes this.
  5. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Not sure if this was intentional, but I've noticed that many of the main characters in Sword & Shield kind of have one thing in common: the idea of gaining support/confidence from someone they look up to
    • Hop's idealization of Leon that leads him to question who he is as a trainer
    • Sonia wanting so desperately to prove to Prof. Magnolia that she can take care of herself by solving the mystery of the Darkest Day
    • Bede & Oleana going too far and taking extreme measures because of their desire to please Chairman Rose & repay him for all he's done for them
    • Marnie wanting to prove to Piers that she doesn't need his help and she can become the champion on her own
    Similarly, Leon and Chairman Rose also seem to have the idea that they need to handle all of Galar's problems and protect their loved ones from their idea of danger. This is why Leon always pushes the protagonist away from all of the wild Gigantamax battles, or how in Rose's twisted mind releasing Eternatus will save the entire Galar region from a potential energy crisis. They both act like parents who care too much and don't want their loved ones to get hurt, or that they alone need to be the great hero(es) that Galar needs.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

The main theme of the game is legacy and how people either follow it to the letter, realize they're being awfully arrogant about it without being able to back up their words, or find something else to take the reigns on.

Mr.Munchlax, Ophie, wolf jani and 2 others like this.
  7. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Yeah a lot of older characters in the cast like Leon, Opal, Rose, Melonie, Piers, & Magnolia mention how they want the player character, and their rivals to not only take the torch but also build upon it to make it something even greater

8. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Nah. I meant all the past fossils. Although I would love if the proper halves of the Gen 8 fossils were added into the Dex.

Pikasaur, Orphalesion and wolf jani like this.
  9. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

That'd make sense too, considering they actually have crystals on their bodies. (Aurora Veil is still the more obvious one though.)

One other possibility is that you may have remained in the Wild Area past midnight. I've had this happen before where Pokémon from the previous day's weather remain in the grass until I leave the Wild Area and come back.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  10. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

I'd personally like to see the Other half of the Electric "Zolt" Bird and the Rest of the Fish.

Orphalesion likes this.
  11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

The poor fish got such a bad deal, first it went extinct, then when it's brought back to life millions of years later it has one form where its head is on upside down and another form where it's awkwardly stuck onto the tip of a dinosaur's tail. Though I suppose it did become a powerhouse in Competitive, so that's one bonus.

Ophie, Bolt the Cat and wolf jani like this.
  12. Bolt the Cat

Nah, usually when I'm done for the day, I go back to the Meetup Spot. If anything that would only affect the Rolling Fields encounters. This happened in two separate areas in the same day, so it's probably just the adjacent areas glitch @MagicEspeon mentioned. It was foggy in Giant's Cap that day and the Pokemon in question are fog encounters in the next area over (Hammerlocke Hills and Lake of Outrage), so that glitch explains things perfectly.

MagicEspeon and Ophie like this.
  13. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

14. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

I hate to be the one to say "Called it" but yeah, felt like I did..

Ophie and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  15. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

Kind of did i reckon. We can still use GTS and Wonder Trade for free.

too bad you'll probably need old pokemon for GTS to trade old pokemon in return :p

16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Except for HA Galarian Darmanitan, G-Max Pokémon, and Galarian Ponyta. Everyone seems to want them.

Ophie likes this.
  17. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

To a point. It's not free for anyone who has to upgrade their phone to use it.

18. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

But people who “have” to upgrade their phone to use it are probably in a small and rapidly shrinking minority. I’d understand that argument more if HOME were a resource-intensive, battery-guzzling rapid fire video game, or even something like GO. But Home is not particularly like either of those things and, from what we know of what we’ll be using HOME for, probably isn’t going to ravage even an older phone any more than email or texting or any of the many common social media apps.

Mr.Munchlax, Ophie and LilligantLewis like this.
  19. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Any confirmed date for the dlc yet?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  20. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No. There’s no need to ask - it will be difficult to miss when we do find out, which probably won’t be for a bit still.