• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I knew that the whole Dexit thing was never going to really affect the sales of SwSh. Fans were always going to purchase the games no matter what and the exclusion of a couple hundred Pokémon weren’t going to hurt sales. This is what I meant that it was unfair that some people were saying that SwSh were going to be disasters and be terrible games just because there’s no National Dex even before the review copies were sent out to game reviewers and officially released to the public. You can’t judge a game that harshly before it is even out because it’s unfair to both the developers and the game itself especially if no one outside of the development team has played the game.

The concern over there not being every Pokémon available was overblown right from the start. The majority of people who play Pokémon will never transfer their Pokémon from any other game at all. They just make do with the available Pokémon, and they start anew with each Pokémon game they play.

The biggest factors for ordinary, non-hardcore people to enjoy a Pokémon game are as such: 1) Are the new Pokémon appealing? 2) Are the new characters appealing? and 3) Are the new mechanics appealing? I'd say Pokémon Sword and Shield has accomplished those three, at least for the most part. (And yes, there are gameplay flaws in Dynamax that Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Mega Evolutions, and Z-Moves didn't have, but the core of it all is that Dynamax and Gigantamax look really impressive, and the presence of one creates a kind of emotional pressure never encountered before.)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Maybe the mythical they want to introduce is one of the new regis?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Maybe the mythical they want to introduce is one of the new regis?
That might be the case. I'm curious as to what the mythical Pokemon might be.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
There's no way there wasn't going to be a new Mythical, so I can't say I'm too surprised. I'm guessing this new Pokemon will star in the upcoming movie...

"This Pokemon will star in the new movie Coco."

I figured as much. That's all Mythical Pokemon seem to be these days; adverts for the new movies. That being said, if this Pokemon gets some more lore in SwSh, that would be nice, but I'm not counting on it.

SwSh is also getting a special Max Raid battle. My guess is perhaps we might get special G-Max events for the ones we're not supposed to know about. I wouldn't know what else would be "special" enough for a special Max Raid event. I'm curious about what this will actually be.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think it'd be one of the Pokemon coming up in the DLC.

Though the mythical possibly getting a raid? That sounds awesome, be nice to actually catch said mythical instead of obtaining them from some random guy in the Pokemon Center. I honestly missed the days of catching them like that, shame Victini was the final one

I just hope it's not another dumb elemental princess like Magearna and Diancie are

Orphalesion

I mean we did know about the two Pokemon that had their data hidden in the game, so it was likely we were going to get two mythical Pokemon. But I gotta admit with the DLC I had expected them to be there.
I'll never be a fan of mythicals and other gift Pokemon (It's catch 'em all, not get 'em all as presents) but let's see what this one is like.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
There's a bit of psychology behind that.

I could watch a movie, read a book, or play a game and tell myself that it's awful, and I have successfully prevented myself from ever enjoying whatever piece of media I was participating in. This isn't to say that everybody would like Sword and Shield, as some people who played it felt underwhelmed, but its something to keep in mind.
These are two different scenarios so I’m not seeing the point.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
These are two different scenarios so I’m not seeing the point.
Perhaps I read you wrong, and you were just talking about how the lack of a National Dex takes the enjoyment out of the games for some.

I thought you were talking about those who would play the game and determine that they wouldn't like it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Perhaps I read you wrong, and you were just talking about how the lack of a National Dex takes the enjoyment out of the games for some.

I thought you were talking about those who would play the game and determine that they wouldn't like it.
Kind of both. I was saying that people who, even despite not liking the exclusion of the Dex, still played the games and people would still think their complaints are dumb even after their “You can’t say the game is bad if you haven’t played it!” retorts.

I think a lot of people here have the same ignorant mindset of people who took the Dexit “movement” too far: just because you don’t transfer Pokémon doesn’t mean others’ wants don’t matter. Of course it’s an inevitability that someone will be disappointed but simply writing it off because “it doesn’t matter to me” is dumb.

TL;DR: Hypocrisy and double standards from both sides of this. Overall, I think anything is a valid point for a game if you’re paying for it

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but apparently yesterday I got an email from Nintendo, asking for me to do a survey for them. Yes, I checked; it was definitely from them. Anyway, it turns out that it was a survey for SwSh, most likely due to the DLC coming out. They asked for my gender and age, followed by which mainline games I've played before, which I played first, and even a separate question for my Pokemon Go status. Then it asked for me to choose what interested me about the games prior to release, what I liked about the games when I was playing them, what I didn't like (yes, "My favorite Pokemon isn't in them" was an option), how long I played, etc. They also asked if I already knew about the DLC, if I preordered it, when I'll preorder it, why haven't I preordered it yet, what excites me about the DLC. Finally, they asked me if I had anything to add about the Galar games, and I proceeded to wrote a short thesis to them, talking more specifically about the strengths and weaknesses of SwSh, whilst also making the suggestion that they reach out to different companies to get some spinoff game cameos (or at least references) into the main games. Let's see what Candela can really do when not held back by Go's battle mechanics! Let us bathe in the glorious return of the one and only Miror B.! Have Cynthia talk about the war that went on in Ransei. That sort of thing. I really had fun taking the survey, and I was surprised I was even given the survey to begin with, and I was wondering if anyone else got that email?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
"This Pokémon will star in the new movie Coco and be available in Pokémon Sword & Shield"

I'm going to now take a guess. This Mythical Pokémon will be Dante, that dog that followed Miguel into the Realm of the Dead. He'll have two Formes, matching the two empty slots: the normal form and his Alebrija form.

I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but apparently yesterday I got an email from Nintendo, asking for me to do a survey for them. Yes, I checked; it was definitely from them. Anyway, it turns out that it was a survey for SwSh, most likely due to the DLC coming out. They asked for my gender and age, followed by which mainline games I've played before, which I played first, and even a separate question for my Pokemon Go status. Then it asked for me to choose what interested me about the games prior to release, what I liked about the games when I was playing them, what I didn't like (yes, "My favorite Pokemon isn't in them" was an option), how long I played, etc. They also asked if I already knew about the DLC, if I preordered it, when I'll preorder it, why haven't I preordered it yet, what excites me about the DLC. Finally, they asked me if I had anything to add about the Galar games, and I proceeded to wrote a short thesis to them, talking more specifically about the strengths and weaknesses of SwSh, whilst also making the suggestion that they reach out to different companies to get some spinoff game cameos (or at least references) into the main games. Let's see what Candela can really do when not held back by Go's battle mechanics! Let us bathe in the glorious return of the one and only Miror B.! Have Cynthia talk about the war that went on in Ransei. That sort of thing. I really had fun taking the survey, and I was surprised I was even given the survey to begin with, and I was wondering if anyone else got that email?

Nintendo gives out random surveys to people about major releases. To my knowledge, every major release has a survey, though they only give them to a small percentage of the people who got the game (and it only works when the game is registered). If I recall correctly, I've gotten surveys in the past for New Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The entire Wild Area is currently covered in a blizzard, and I can't see sh*t.

Is there an event I don't know about?