1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.6%
  2. Yep

10.2%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.1%
  1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Every start of the month, one particular weather will be everywhere.

...I guess this is Riolu season!

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

And Eiscue for Shield players and Darumaka and Darmanitan for Sword!

Ophie likes this.
  3. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

Does it seem odd alcremie never got a chocolate form? They have vanilla and strawberry and mint...

Zoruagible and Carkol like this.
  4. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Shiny Alcremie seems to have a Cookies and Cream look, if that's close enough.

5. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

So Sword & Shield sold over 16 million copies in its first six weeks, tallied up to December 31.

If I am correct, the average year-end sales for a main series Pokémon game is 10 million. This would mean SWSH has the potential to sell 20 million copies by the end of 2020. It would be the first Pokémon game to reach 20 million in sales since Gold & Silver.

At peak consistency, it could reach 20 million in sales by the end of February.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    anjunajake, Ophie and LilligantLewis like this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

G-Max Toxtricity has been officially revealed. Showing up in Raids from February 7th to March 9th

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  7. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

Huh, so we finally got an official reveal for G-Max Toxtricity (quite the surprise reveal I might say). I figured that it'd be coming fairly soon, and looking at the dates (Feb 7 - Mar 9), I won't forget the date that the event ends as it'll be the day before my b'day. It's nice to finally have it in game though. I imagine we'll probs have G-Max Melmetal officially revealed come Pokemon Day or something (perhaps as the Special Max Raid battle or something).

8. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

I doubt it. As a Mythical Pokémon, I don't think they'll make it available that early. Mythical Pokémon are usually made available midway through a generation, though I think Manaphy (and thus also Phione) became available pretty early into Generation IV.

Then again, this is a Mythical Pokémon that's already been made available before, and anything goes with that. If they do make a Melmetal event where anyone can get it, hopefully this means they'll also be exempt from the Special Pokémon rule that has so far banned every Mythical Pokémon.

9. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Magearna and Victini were also released rather early in their respective Gens. Magearna is pretty much the only Mythical that can be received with no time limit as long as the QR is passed around online.

Ophie likes this.
  10. I really love G-max Toxtricity, but I absolutely detest trying to catch G-max pokemon. The catch rate of these things is so abysmal while finding and weakening them is so difficult. You barely find people online either. Raid hunting, even for candy, just isn't worth the effort. I'm honestly enjoying MM'ing for shinies more which is literally doing the same thing over and over again.

Also hoping Melmetal will be a gift pokemon and not a raid. It is a Mythical after all. Also wondering if we'll be able to breed it or not to get Meltan since this will be the first game they're in where breeding is possible, or if we'll get a Meltan that can G-max when it evolves (how would evolving this thing even work since there's no pokemon-specific candy anymore?)

Ignition likes this.
  11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Word. It's a bit of a pain trying to find people for a five star raid, let alone catching said Pokemon.

12. Wilderness

Wilderness Well-Known Member

You bring up an interesting point here. I feel GMax Melmetal will be a gift; having a mythical Pokemon in raids seems a bit unlikely.

However, I feel like you won't be able to evolve Meltan in this game. I have a feeling evolving him will remain exclusive to Pokemon Go, and then transferring it from there (or to LG, then to SwSh) will be the only way.

13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Ranger released 6 months before Diamond and Pearl, so Manaphy was available for all of Gen IV.

wolf jani and Ophie like this.
  14. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

The ones introduced in January drastically increased the catch rates; I caught about four-fifths of the ones I attempted, and attendance was better than the initial ones. I'm guessing the February ones will be like that too, since it sounds like this was to address complaints of the low catch rates of Gigantamax Pokémon under normal circumstances.

I was actually expecting the accompanying Gigantamax Pokémon to be Machamp, Gengar, Copperajah, and Garbodor, however, since the pattern so far had been Gigantamax Pokémon associated with Gym Leaders or League organizers.

I do think that sooner or later though, they'll just allow everyone to get a Gigantamax Melmetal or Meltal with the Gigantamax Factor via event, likely via Mystery Gift (and not of the same kind as these monthly common Gigantamax raid rotations).

Heh, I had forgotten it was THAT early. I just remember having Phione roughly when I cleared Diamond, which meant I probably had Manaphy too.

Have they distributed Manaphy as an egg after that? Or have all subsequent Manaphy distributions been just giving a Manaphy already pre-hatched?

15. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Was able to catch G-Max Toxtricity and Kingler, still have to track down G-Max Grimmsnarl. A bit ironic Grimmsnarl is the “exclusive” for Sword since it typically plays a supporting role in the VGC. Also glad there is still some time to grab Star/Ribbon Sweets from the Milcery Raids still running.

16. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

The Manaphy Egg has a unique sprite, so pre-hatched is the most likely answer.

Ophie likes this.
  17. British Soul

Haven't found G-Max Grimmsnarl yet, but I did manage to acquire G-Max Kingler. G-Max Toxtricity on the other hand I have found, but not captured, and I'll probs go for lower star raids of it. I attempted a 5-star Toxtricity, and that thing got 3 attacks in a single turn which was pretty much a pain in the backside.

That's the thing, it's already available from Let's GO, but yeah I'd prefer if it was a Mystery Gift rather than a event den drop tbph.

Ophie likes this.
  18. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Well, I meant the Gigantamax one, which I'd like to have.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  19. British Soul

That’s what I meant, I’d rather G-Max Melmetal be a mystery gift.

20. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

Maybe all transferred Melmetal will be able to G-max, and they'll officially reveal G-max Melmetal when Home comes out. Either way I hope Meltan is able to evolve in SwSh, I've got at least a hundred meltan in my Go parks and it'd be shame if none of them could ever evolve just because I transferred them from Go.

Regardless of that I'm sure we'll know more soon as they can clearly patch things in (G-Slowpoke, the Mythicals, DLC) and they left these G-Max Forms in so they'll likely 'release' them sooner rather than later.