1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread [Spoiler-Prone Area]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

1. Nah

6.8%
  2. Yep

9.9%
  3. I'm a kangaroo

83.2%
  1. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

You know if I had to guess I think Gigantamax Melmetal will probably be release before June because I think they would want to get that and all the ones introduce in the base game out their before the DLC, so basically besides Gigantamax Melmetal I do think were also going to have raids where Gigantamax Gengar, Machamp, Copperajah, Sandaconda, Centiskorch will all be more common at some point or another before June. Although I don't think Gigantamax Meowth, Eevee, and Pikachu would get this treatment however I would be more then happy to be wrong and for them to get the treatment as well.

Ophie likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

I've seen raids for it, but they're either closed or all full up. Same goes with Kingler.

Ophie likes this.
  3. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

G-Max Sandaconda and G-Max Centiskorch were in the first rotation of common G-Max event along with Butterfree, Snorlax, Drednaw and Corviknight. There's also Duraludon and Garbodor who hasn't been common yet. I do think the G-Maxes will all be common before June as well because I assume they'd want to make them all legal for Ranked Battles and VGC eventually (Which is why I think they might do Charizard as well, since it's G-Max is currently illegal in ranked and VGC with Solar Power; it's only legal with Blaze at the moment).

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  4. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

It's possible that any transferred Melmetal will automatically be G-Max compatible.

Let's see when Home comes out, and again when we get GO connectivity.

Ophie likes this.
  5. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

I don't see why they WOULDN'T introduce a new way to evolve Meltan into Melmetal. There are no Meltan Candies in Pokémon Sword & Shield, and they've never taken away a Pokémon's ability to evolve (with one exception, which got a lot of complaints). The closest there was is that Eevee can't evolve into Espeon or Umbreon in Generation III games without a day/night cycle, though FireRed and LeafGreen are the only true examples, as Pokémon Colosseum gave you Espeon and Umbreon already evolved while Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness introduced an alternate evolution method.

Yeah, that's how it is on the first day. You may have better luck over the weekend or next weekend, when they're still in high enough demand that you'll find them on the Y-Comm feed but not so high in demand that the rooms fill up.

Heck, even non-Gigantamax rooms fill upon the first day. I remember getting a Max Raid Battle for Clear Body Klinklang (its Hidden Ability) on the day Gigantamax Flapple, Appletun, Lapras, Coalossal, and Alcremie became common, and the room filled up with 2:25 still left on the timer. I had never seen a non-Gigantamax room fill up so fast, and I haven't seen it since. (I didn't play much yesterday, but I could've given it a try.)

Zoruagible and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Yea I had better luck today. Finally got a gmax Kingler. Still hunting for others.

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Not really taking away anything though, since Meltan's current evolution requirement is quite literally evolve it in Pokémon Go, which is still possible due to transfer being allowed from Go to Sword and Shield (at first indirectly through Go to Let's Go to Home, but eventually directly from Go to Home). It won't be any different from how it worked with Let's Go, so nothing's being removed.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  8. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

HGSS is in the same boat as FRLG for location based evolutions. They just...didn't include a mossy rock, icy rock or electromagnetic area so you can't get Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone or Probopass.
    FRLG also kind of lacked a way to evolve Feebas. If the feebas traded over already had the Beauty condition at the right level it could still evolve but there was no way to raise it up within the game.
    And of course Let's Go can't evolve Meltan either; candies you get there can't induce evolution

Anyway judging by the datamine, Meltan still can't evolve outside of Go. There's no evolution method set and somehow I don't see an update coming before Home hits to change that.

Ophie likes this.
  9. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Ah well. I'm probably kind of biased because I don't use Pokémon GO, and hence I'd have no way of evolving Meltan.

Zoruagible and Pikasaur like this.
  10. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

This month's CoroCoro (due out on the 15th) will show the silhouette of the Mythical pokemon that will be revealed on the 27th.

Ophie, wolf jani and Pikachu111213 like this.
  11. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

Very excited about this. Throws me back to the acorn-head platypus from back in Gen 5

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  12. British Soul

Never forget.

Pikachu111213 and wolf jani like this.
  13. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

A future update needs to include Amiibo compatibility. I'm not sure what I want to happen with scanning Amiibo of Pokemon characters, but for non-Pokemon characters, it should give you ability to challenge these characters to Pokemon battles, each compatible character would have a themed team. Ice Climbers for instance can feature Pokemon, primarily Ice-type, based on polar animals, but also including Abomasnow as a tribute to the Western version of Topi.

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It definitely does not need that.

Dragalge likes this.
  15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It's days like this I wish there was a setting to just ignore the passcode ones. It's so frustrating when you finally see the raid you want, only for it to be locked behind a passcode. Making you start the search again

Gengar is ALWAYS behind those -_-

They should definitely change the evolution method, it's utterly ridiculous you've basically got to no-life to the point that you can actually get Melmetal if you don't play Go or abandoned it right away

But if they do Melmetal raids, that'll do for now. Melmetal is the only Pokemon I do not own so I'll take whatever I can get, certainly not wasting time on that stupid app

It'd be nice if the Pokemon ones had a use of some kind. Even if you just scan them once a day for an item drop or something

Ophie likes this.
  16. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Here is my guess:

[​IMG]

I very much doubt that will ever happen. Nintendo can have characters cross over, but only within their own departments. Notice that when there's a Nintendo crossover and it's not Super Smash Bros., Pokémon is almost always excluded, as are Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Xenoblade, Starfy, EarthBound/Mother, Eternal Darkness, etc. That's because they are not wholly owned by Nintendo, and for one to cross over with the other, permission is required. (Even with Smash, there were loopholes that had to be jumped through. For example, Masahiro Sakurai insists up and down that the X Bomb is taken from Kid Icarus: Uprising, even though its function is much closer to how it was used in Meteos, because it was much easier to get the rights to the former than the latter.)

I'd also guess that some of the toy companies within The Pokémon Company see the amiibo as competition and would rather not have anything to do with them. The Pokémon amiibo themselves have had extremely little functionality outside of Super Smash Bros., the most notable case being Super Mario Maker 1's Pokémon-themed Mystery Mushrooms not having any unique sound effects until much later. All other Super Smash Bros. amiibo have Mystery Mushrooms with sound effects that pertain to their home franchise; the Pokémon ones were the only ones that didn't. Similarly, every Super Smash Bros. amiibo available up to the release of Yoshi's Woolly World had skins for Yoshi--except the Pokémon ones. In both cases even third party amiibo, like Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man, were compatible. It was easier to get the rights to some iconic third-party characters than it was for Pokémon!

17. British Soul

You're not a million miles away, more like ten thousand liteyears away.
    [​IMG]

Ophie likes this.
  18. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

I put 3 drilburs in HOME's WT like 3 hours ago, and none of them have been traded yet

Ophie likes this.
  19. AgentKallus

AgentKallus Whovian

So k-Slowpoke can't be put in SwSh until the Dlc drops but g-slowpoke is in SwSh ... I suppose it's cause Slowbro and Slowking aren't in SwSh yet.

20. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Guessing Melmetal can't automatically g-max then as I've seen or heard nothing of it, awesome. Hope it's the next raid

Most likely. Kanto Slowpoke doesn't need to go to the new location to evolve... but Galarian Slowpoke does.

Ophie likes this.